Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, these are the type of fights I look forward to. Same as the Canelo vs Cotto fight. I like those fights, they are 50/50 fights. I think boxing is heating up with some good fights now, the heavyweight division is also starting to crank up - entering 2016 it is probably the most exciting division. I know I am a little off topic, but after 2016, we will have a clearer picture in the heavyweight division. I think now Floyd has retired, we'll see a shift away from the welters (at least, interest wise).

I think the two best fighters in the world at the moment are Ward, and Roman Gonzalez (flyweight). But, I think Lomachenko could be the most talented. I really think he'll be the consensus p4p no 1 come 2018. Which is getting ahead, but he probably is the best fighter in the world atm, but its hard to throw it out there, when he can't land the fights to prove it.

But on GGG, I would've liked to see the Saunders fight (Saunders Vs GGG). I really want to see how Golovkin reacts to movement. Floyd seems to think Andre Ward would have an easy time with Golovkin, and I tend to agree. But, if that is the case, then he'd at least struggle with the movement of BJS (Billy Joe Saunders).

I am genuinely excited for this year. Heavyweight division is hot as hell at the moment. Wilder, Fury, Parker, Haye, Joshua, Martin, Povetkin, Klitscho, Ortiz. Some great f*cking fights there. Light Heavyweight is hot again with Kovalev in beast mode and Ward coming up. Possible GGG vs Canelo is huge for me and a dream fight. I want a lineal MW champion who fights at 160.

Chocolatito is one of my favourites too. Definitely can't argue with you having those as your top 2. Loma is easily the most talented IMO too. Totally agree. He will be a force once people actually start fighting him.

I can understand that thought on GGG. We'll have to just wait and see. I don't see it the way you or Floyd do haha. I think GGG does what he does. He cuts off the ring too well, movement or no movement. He is too good a boxer to get befuddled by movement, and too powerful a puncher to get beaten "easily". I think Ward would win vs GGG. But I don't think he'd have an easy time.

I don't see GGG losing to anyone at 160lbs. Honestly only see Ward having a shot. Canelo doesn't have the footwork to counter GGG's ring cutting ability. He doesn't have enough huge power to hurt GGG (dude has a granite chin,) only way Canelo beats GGG is mexican judges :p.

Well done to Big Daddy Lucas Browne.

He's not the best fighter out there but seems like one of the best blokes. A true battler who get's 100% out of himself.

Good on you son!!

I imagine there is going to be a fair bit to come from this over the next few weeks. Same thing happened last time Chagaev fought someone in Chechnya. Browne did admittedly look a bit leaner than expected but given what happened to Oquendo when he fought Chagaev I think a lot of people are happy to wait and see how it plays out before forming an opinion.

Anyone know how we can watch Ward vs Barrera? Can't see it anywhere on upcoming Main Event. This is bullshit. Sick of getting shafted with boxing in this country.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pac and Floyd wil fight again, even tho it won't be close to the first time it's still too much money to not do it.

Joshua with the obvious win. Never really in doubt. Classy of Martin to actually take him on but different leagues.

Manny. Well he looked pretty damn good. But I think it's a case of he has Bradley's number. I still don't see Manny ever beating Floyd. Ever.

Don't see anyone but GGG at catchweight beating a returning Floyd.

ERROL SPENCE JR. Brilliant display. Not even Manny did that to Algieri. Exciting. Will give hell to anyone at WW.

GGG fighting live and free on Fox tomorrow! shame about the opponent but its a nice co main event! rare in australia we get to see 2 pound of pound best boxers in the world fight for free

Yep I was rapt to check the guide and see it was on. Great day of fights tomorrow, this and UFC 197. I don't see Wade doing too well against GGG, a split decision win over Soliman isn't the best formline for a killer like Golovkin.

GGG fighting live and free on Fox tomorrow! shame about the opponent but its a nice co main event! rare in australia we get to see 2 pound of pound best boxers in the world fight for free

Can't wait. My favourite fighter in the world. Has a lot of haters but GGG is a killer. Canelo can't run forever.

It's great to see Golovkin and Gonzalez on the same card again. I think I paid $30 to see them last time and certainly got my money's worth. Even better this time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back