news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol Jake Gyllenhaal is pretty good lol not in that movie but in general
That's news to me lol

Never watch Nightcrawler unless you want....
friends sleep GIF

As to be expected, a few weeks of pretty average events coming up. But 302 on June 1st is turning into a pretty nice card. So far confirmed:

Makhachev vs Poirier (LW Title)
Strickland vs Costa
Dolidze vs Hernandez
Almeida vs Romanov
Kopylov vs Cesar Almeida (1-2 vs Poatan in KB, all decision)

I couldn't say Poirier is the most deserving contender, but we all know that's not how it works, and I can't wait to see how he tackles the Islam puzzle. Strickland/Costa could be a bore in reality, but name value alone makes it a must-watch.

As to be expected, a few weeks of pretty average events coming up. But 302 on June 1st is turning into a pretty nice card. So far confirmed:

Makhachev vs Poirier (LW Title)
Strickland vs Costa
Dolidze vs Hernandez
Almeida vs Romanov
Kopylov vs Cesar Almeida (1-2 vs Poatan in KB, all decision)

I couldn't say Poirier is the most deserving contender, but we all know that's not how it works, and I can't wait to see how he tackles the Islam puzzle. Strickland/Costa could be a bore in reality, but name value alone makes it a must-watch.
Great card and Strickland/Costa is 5 rounds. Love that Kopylov/Almedia fight

301 isn't worth streaming let alone buying

301 needed a good match up to make it worth while but nothing has come online... yea worst card for some time.
Honestly who cares. After 298/299/300 we can give the ufc a couple mulligans they earned it this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rumour is Strickland is only getting 200k for the Costa fight, massive unders from the UFC on that one.
You're a little behind on this one lol
Strickland complained about that, then went to the UFC
Then posted he was happy with his money and the fight was on lol

You're a little behind on this one lol
Strickland complained about that, then went to the UFC
Then posted he was happy with his money and the fight was on lol

He's in the co main so will get PPV points as well. i wouldn't anticipate a shitload from that though, doesn't look like the strongest PPV card I've seen

McGregor v Chandler is a pick me... $1.90 a piece.

You'd think McGregor would be a class above Chandler but... he hasn't really been great outside of 145 so if Chandler survives the first 2 he will probably KO McGregor himself.

McGregor v Chandler is a pick me... $1.90 a piece.

You'd think McGregor would be a class above Chandler but... he hasn't really been great outside of 145 so if Chandler survives the first 2 he will probably KO McGregor himself.
Chandler is the perfect opponent for Conor if he is serious and hasn't lost it entirely. Chandler should be able to use his wrestling to grind Conor down, but I have no doubt he comes out looking to trade in the pocket which should enable McGregor to look good. If I were a gambler, I'd be betting big on McGregor at those odds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back