Music The Hangar Music Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Also, Louis Theroux has a podcast on spotify exclusively. Not too many interesting guests so far but episode 5 he interviews Nick Cave. I'm not at all a fan of his music (I like a couple of songs) but he is such a good speaker and deep thinker I found it very compelling listening.
He’s great live if you ever get the chance.

His Grinderman stuff is terrible but I can highly recommend his 2001 album “No More Shall We Part”
IMG_0532.jpeg

Some beautiful songs like this…

No Way Reaction GIF

He’s great live if you ever get the chance.

His Grinderman stuff is terrible but I can highly recommend his 2001 album “No More Shall We Part”
View attachment 1731645

Some beautiful songs like this…

that whole album is awesome.

Hallelujah and God is in the House i quite like.

I love hearing Nick talk about his relationship with Blixa in this interview (and how their collaborations stopped in a natural way…some things don’t have to be said between long time friends).

I’m also keen to try cooking Blixa’s blackest risotto ever one night when I have a spare 2 hours to clean the frypan afterwards

Discovered these guys relatively recently when they popped up on Spotify. This is the same song but the difference between the electric and acoustic versions are stark and really shows a great range imo:

They're coming out here and I'm debating whether or not to go (the gig in Melbourne is on GF day)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Beerfish what type of Gretsch is Chris playing here??
Do you know much about them? Beatle George used to have some nice looking ones in the early days.
Yeah looks like a 6128 as citizen-erased said. I don't know a lot about them. I have a Chinese made Gretsch (I am 1000% certain Chris is NOT playing a Chinese made one!). I can't remember what model it is but it just has a basic 3 way selector and single volume and tone controls.. like this one (same colour too):
G5238_md.jpg

It's a nice enough guitar if you don't mind a chunky neck. Anyway, I definitely rate them as guitars but I'm not sure I'll ever pull the trigger on another one. I wouldn't be put off by Chinese made ones though. I mean sure, if you've got the money buy an American one but there's nothing wrong with the non-USA ones.

I'm waiting for these to come back in stock atm. It'll be the fourth Artist guitar I've had. I reckon they are the best bang for guitar I've ever experienced. I was thinking I would change the pick ups when I get it but if they as good as the quick demo below I may not even bother. Just have to decide if I'm going to go full Keef, tune to open G and remove the low E string. :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back