Music The Hangar Music Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The great man has completed the trifecta.

Now I want him to interview every musician on Steely Dan's records.

Here’s another podcast with Copeland for you to enjoy.

Interesting family with their dad high up in the CIA and his brother Myles setting up IRS Records and giving REM, The GoGo’s and The Police their starts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know if you're into/ever been into the Pumpkins Drummer_19 but this is a great interview otherwise you could just skip to 1:05:45 to see Jellbelly played in it's entirety. My mind was blown. Always been my favourite song on Mellon Collie and I never understood why it wasn't a single. Interesting to know the band wanted it as the first single but the record company said no the first single is Bullet With Butterfly Wings. I get it but there were 5 singles off that album and none of them were Jellybelly.. I mean come on!

Any Aphex Twin fans amongst us?

I have to say that my music immersion for the past 12 months has been his vast catalog of electronic masterpieces. I honestly think he’s in the Mozart realm of genius composers. I get so much more with each listen and it’s quite addictive.

Vordhosbn is the most immaculately intricate production I’ve ever heard;

And St Michael’s Mount is almost as good but the wizardry comes through in this 74% speed version that I recently discovered;

And this astonishing take on it by this otherworldly drummer;

Then there’s the more serene stuff of his like this version of Flim by Domi and JD Beck;

Remove this Banner Ad

Back