Movies & TV The Hangar TV Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Seen it, definitely agree. One of the better things I’ve watched this year imo.

Finished Tiny Pretty Things the other day, that one is pretty dark but thought it was good, and they’ve left it open for a second series with a couple of sharp turns in the final ep. It also has a Jack the Ripper theme going through it (Yorkshire Ripper was a rip-off of JtR).

Rebecca is pretty dark too actually. All in a similar sort of vein I guess.
Afterlife and The End of the F$#king world I liked a lot but I suspect you have seen them before.

One you will not have seen, possibly will not be your cup of tea, but I enjoyed, was a very chilled and easy to watch English series about a group of metal detectorists, that spend their time searching the fields hoping to strike it rich by finding a buried saxon hoard. Mildly amusing, cringe at times, the characters are dags really, but grow on you. Episodes are short. Easy watch without having to engage the brain. Detectorists.

Have started rewatching the Wonder years about 20 odd years after the original watch. I gotta say I knew it was good but I never realised how adeptly it was written...

I mean back then watching through the eyes of Kevin he generally seemed justified in his actions and his old man was gruff and totally unreasonable. Now I see Kevin as a selfish little turd and I totally relate to his old man.

Probably not so many shows out there can can succinctly speak to both generations equally and you can get a different experience watching from both ends.

Sometimes it nearly brings me to tears yet it's supposed to be a family comedy/drama.

Kinda reminds me of Neil Young singing old man as a young bloke, now he's still singing it but he's the old man he's singing about.

Watched Godless on NF when it first came out, couldn't find anything that appealed earlier this week so started watching it again, it's so well done, some of the scenes with the horses must have taken forever to get right, definitely worth a look if you haven't watched it yet.

Just binged Wandavision. It was an interesting concept.

Elizabeth Olsen played the dual personalities extremely well, she and Paul Bettany really made the show.
Kat Dennings is a very good actress and underutilised in the MCU in general. Randall Park was pretty good as well, same with Teyonah Parris as the main support cast.
Kathryn Hahn was the better of the evil characters, I started suspecting her at the end of the third episode. Josh Stamberg was so obvious from when he first came, kinda ruined it for me.

Will be intriguing to see how they follow it up. I think I'll get stuck into Falcon and the Winter Soldier next week probably.

Just binged Wandavision. It was an interesting concept.

Elizabeth Olsen played the dual personalities extremely well, she and Paul Bettany really made the show.
Kat Dennings is a very good actress and underutilised in the MCU in general. Randall Park was pretty good as well, same with Teyonah Parris as the main support cast.
Kathryn Hahn was the better of the evil characters, I started suspecting her at the end of the third episode. Josh Stamberg was so obvious from when he first came, kinda ruined it for me.

Will be intriguing to see how they follow it up. I think I'll get stuck into Falcon and the Winter Soldier next week probably.
Wait, apparently 1 season only. Disappointing, a few loose ends in there.

Yeah cos it's gonna lead into Doctor Strange 2
Ah, yep. That's what the little "Stronger than the Sorceror Supreme" comment was about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah that was actually the first thing we ever watched on Netflix
I'm struggling to think of anything that I have seen lately that is decent apart form Mindhunters and Mr Inbetween. Maybe the Boys. Any recommendations?

Watching Black Summer season 2. Didn’t mind the first season but it’s been a while and these sorts of shows tend to go downhill pretty quickly. Hopefully this holds up.

Last edited:
Is Mr InBetween the best Australian series ever produced?

Im struggling to think of a better one.

Great slice of life…..captures the Sydney vibe perfectly whether it’s around the water or in suburbia. And so well written and acted. Like all the best shows it’s also bloody funny at times.

Deserves a much bigger audience.

Last edited:
Simply put, yes. Sad that it's all over now. I just introduced a mate to it who was staying for a few days last week and watched it all again from the start.

windyhill is the one that put me onto it and I'll be forever grateful
It’s great.

Last few episodes were pretty hardcore at times. Loved it.

Finished Mr Inbetween and loved it, although I was pretty sad it there won't be any more.

Started watching Ted Lasso - despite ignorantly mocking it to my friends who had seen it. Gotta say, only a couple of eps in, but I'm really enjoying it. Really touches on the "culture" side of sports which I vibe with.

Finished Mr Inbetween and loved it, although I was pretty sad it there won't be any more.

Started watching Ted Lasso - despite ignorantly mocking it to my friends who had seen it. Gotta say, only a couple of eps in, but I'm really enjoying it. Really touches on the "culture" side of sports which I vibe with.
I was hesitant of Ted Lasso as well but it's genuinely one of the best, most wholesome shows going around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back