The "It's not fair that we have to play Geelong in Geelong" thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Besides the oval being comically narrow there's no reason for any team to be against playing at Kardinia Park.

The best part of the trip will be the easy 4 points given the home team is destined for an extended stint at the bottom of the ladder.

Besides the oval being comically narrow there's no reason for any team to be against playing at Kardinia Park.

The best part of the trip will be the easy 4 points given the home team is destined for an extended stint at the bottom of the ladder.
You'd know all about an extended stint at the bottom of the ladder

I dont mind playing away games there. We have the best away record of an vic team this millennium

Plus they have a capacity bigger than Giants and Gold Coast, and soon a comparable size to Brisbane after the 2030 reconstruction and SCG

I do see it as an advantage playing the big 4 away at the G, which gives them greater finals type of atmosphere exposure

So i dont think its a big fuss either way for them if they play the 'big 4' at Kardinia Park or the MCG

It’s not fair because my team just has no idea how to play that stupid ground. Guaranteed trashing no matter what, even when we’re going a bit better than we currently are :sweatsmile:

Even though my club has had a terrible time in KP, I don't mind it. The only problem is that the capacity of the stadium should have dwarfed Marvel in attendance. Then you wouldn't have 90% of all Cats supporters missing out. KP should be at least 75000.

There's about 35k Cats' supporters in North Geelong, alone.

Never finished lower than 12th in AFL/VFL history.
You sure about that? You sound like David King

Cats could very easily bounce back in 2024 with good health (got smashed with it in 2023) and longest off season they've had in 8 years.

Competition will get nervous if Cats start firing again in 2024.

I dont mind playing away games there. We have the best away record of an vic team this millennium

Plus they have a capacity bigger than Giants and Gold Coast, and soon a comparable size to Brisbane after the 2030 reconstruction and SCG

I do see it as an advantage playing the big 4 away at the G, which gives them greater finals type of atmosphere exposure

So i dont think its a big fuss either way for them if they play the 'big 4' at Kardinia Park or the MCG

That first sentence is a nice thought, it’s just not very……. True, is it.

Since 2000, Collingwood has a record away from the MCG of:
130-102

In the same period there’s another team from Victoria who’s record when they play other teams on their home ground, or neutral finals, is 225-153.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course you don't, your club gets to play every game against Geelong at home.

Spare us finals advantage guff which is just distracting from that every single other club in the league plays away in Geelong.

Except one club that gets a great ride every year.

Geelong should play all their home games at their home ground with a true home ground advantage like all other non Melbourne teams but they also should be treated the same way all non Melbourne teams are when they play Melbourne teams as the away team so when hawks and Richmond play their compulsory marvel game it should be against the cats, dogs in Ballarat, north in Hobart or Hawks in tassie etc Alice Springs Darwin cairns etc obviously not all of the above but should have similar amount of games at the McG as west coast and the crows for example, 1 or 2 a year.

People complain about playing the home team at their home ground?
They used the "capacity" excuse for years.

Now they don't have that they're clutching at straws for another reason not to travel.

The day Collingwood finally heads back down to Kardinia Park is the day we get justice.

Pies too important and scared to play in Geelong
Can't call themselves biggest club in Australia if they are afraid to travel and play at a stadium....funny how they all had a go at Ollie Henry but their own team doesn't even travel there which is the height of hypocrisy...

Clearly West Coast is the biggest and bravest as they travel everywhere and never complain :)

Last edited:
People complain about playing the home team at their home ground?

The issue is that it's always the same teams who play there and the same teams who don't.

But there's nothing remotely fair about the AFL so it's a weird one to highlight, there are much, much bigger issues than this one. and this comes from a supporter of a club who have played there more than any other club (Edit, apart from Geelong lol)

Last edited:
Of course you don't, your club gets to play every game against Geelong at home.

Spare us finals advantage guff which is just distracting from that every single other club in the league plays away in Geelong.

Except one club that gets a great ride every year.
I said i dont mind playing at Kardinia Park, thats not nice to get angry someone being amicable

And i put a positive spin on playing big games at the G for what its been worth so far, i dont make the rules

That first sentence is a nice thought, it’s just not very……. True, is it.

Since 2000, Collingwood has a record away from the MCG of:
130-102

In the same period there’s another team from Victoria who’s record when they play other teams on their home ground, or neutral finals, is 225-153.
Fine, you can pick my phrase apart

The main point i was going for is we have played very well away from Melbourne since the last game at Kardinia park in 1999. So i dont find it a problem playing away games there. I thought you guys would be happy to hear a pies fan be okay to play there, and compare your stadium to the ranks of other capital cities.

Fine, you can pick my phrase apart

The main point i was going for is we have played very well away from Melbourne since the last game at Kardinia park in 1999. So i dont find it a problem playing away games there. I thought you guys would be happy to hear a pies fan be okay to play there, and compare your stadium to the ranks of other capital cities.

Fair enough

Remove this Banner Ad

Back