Matildas The Matildas Tokyo 2020(1) Olympics Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really follow football so apologies if a stupid question, but why don't they just call those obvious offsides straight away?
It's a recent change due to VAR, they always leave it til the end of the phase/play in case there was something missed.

Most people think they should just be called when it's blatant like that.

God damn this sport. I don't think any sport causes me as much joy or as much heartbreak as this stupid game.

God damn this referee as well. We were pretty well screwed here. Hopefully those "big country" decisions go our way when he host the World Cup.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too much reliance on too few players who played too long. Kerr and Carpenter were gassed after playing 4 full matches in a row.

Can see big changes coming to this team ahead of the World Cup. Not judging Gustavsson on this - he's only been in charge a short time. Time for Logarzo, Yallop, van Egmond and maybe Foord to be eased out.

We knew Australia weren't a chance, haven't beaten Sweden in ages
we were the better team tonight. Not even close.
One team just played to the umps whistle and sprung on a gk error with a bit of luck.
Australia and international team sport (especially in the Olympics) is just cursed. The amount of bullshit or bad luck we cop is unbelievable.

yeah I’ve mentioned this elsewhere but the Aussie mentality screws us at international level every time in these things.

we just play through contact as we’re taught to (and cause divers get mocked mercilessly here) while other teams are happy to dive / flail / give up on the play and appeal for a free and they get them.

seen the Socceroos / opals / Matildas / boomers get done at cups / olympics / friendlys for as long as I can remember by dodgy decisions while our players get nothing.

God damn this sport. I don't think any sport causes me as much joy or as much heartbreak as this stupid game.

God damn this referee as well. We were pretty well screwed here. Hopefully those "big country" decisions go our way when he host the World Cup.
FIFA despises us, I'm amazed they even awarded us and NZ the WC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back