Movie Draft The Movie Draft 3: Tokyo Draft (Milo Division)

Remove this Banner Ad

Im sticking with movies ive seen and I actually like. Plenty of award winning movies and performances from Streep but im not trying to win this draft, rather picking my favourites. Plus I love a bit of evil Kevin Bacon.

River_wild_movie_poster.jpg

grizzlym

Sorry, never got the notification. Give me an hour or so.
No rush.
DRAFT NOTE:

As it's the festive time of the year, I'm going to relax the 24 hour limit because I'm sure people have better things to do than a Movie Draft. Hard to believe I know, but it might be true for some people. :p

So basically we'll just have no time restriction until the New Year. Keep making picks if you can, but don't worry about it if you're busy.

Ho ho ho, Merry Draftmas! :D

Crikeys, for such a decorated actress, she's appeared in a heap of very ordinary movies. Best movie, in my opinion, is the Deer Hunter. Actually, apart from that film, can anyone name a great movie she's been in?

My pick, because I might be one of the few people on the planet who loved the book by Michael Cunningham, but The Hours gets my vote.

126.jpg

It's a good film. Well made and interesting. And I like Virginia Wolfe too.

My pick, because I might be one of the few people on the planet who loved the book by Michael Cunningham, but The Hours gets my vote.

126.jpg

It's a good film. Well made and interesting. And I like Virginia Wolfe too.

That was the other film I very nearly took at pick 2 instead of Manhattan.

That was the other film I very nearly took at pick 2 instead of Manhattan.

Did you find it hard to actually pick a film that you really rated, instead of the whole 'accent' craft tour de force of Meryl?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually liked that movie, but that is because of how good Meryl and Emily Blunt were more than anything, I also know people who work in fashion and it was entertaining on that level too.

Did you find it hard to actually pick a film that you really rated, instead of the whole 'accent' craft tour de force of Meryl?

When I looked through her list I realised I had seen about 15 films, with only 3 that I could pick that I rated as really good (Manhattan, The Hours, and one not yet picked) and a couple that are good, but not of the calibre of most of our other picks in other rounds and then a number of ones I wouldn't pick as they were just meh. Glad I had pick 2!

If picking a modern day actress you'd be better off picking an actress like Cate Blanchett (she's been in at least 12 good worthy films), she's only the only one that I've looked at that would get everyone a good film easily. Sigourney Weaver (has at least 10 good films) Natalie Portman (with 8) came out next best. With a bunch of other around the 6 or 7 mark (Sarandon, Kidman, Jolie, Foster etc).

It goes to show how Hollywood is so male centric and that they sometimes write some decent characters for these actresses but that the rest of the film or story is not as strong. It shits me no end. It's not the actresses fault, it's the studios.

Jessica Chastain will get there, she's an excellent actress who is making quality films.

Also a category that would be good, films that pass the -

Bechdel Test
1. It has to have at least two [named] women in it
2. Who talk to each other
3. About something besides a man

There is a plethora of films we've chosen in this draft that wouldn't qualify, but there is a very decent list of films that would.

Out of Africa for two reasons. 1. I love Africa and most things I've seen about it(of which this isn't one). 2. I want to get out of this category. Therefore this movie is too hard to pass up.

PVF

So many options, so I've decided to go with my favourite time travel movie, the one I've seen the most.

Terminator 2 - Judgement Day

I love this film.

The end.

flight23

I have also just realised I lost this DVD in my recent separation!

This must be remedied.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back