Roast The Non Goal: F*** the AFL, court injunction?

What compensation will we receive from the AFL?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine having to live with the weight of making a mistake so costly yet avoidable that it ends up being the catalyst for the movement to basically abolish human goal umpiring for good so technology can just take over LOL

Imagine having to live with the weight of making a mistake so costly yet avoidable that it ends up being the catalyst for the movement to basically abolish human goal umpiring for good so technology can just take over LOL
He cost some of our guys (players/coaches) a fat bonus, and potentially their careers in some cases. Seems only fair that it affects his colleagues too.

Can anyone off the top of their head name the three blokes who fell over behind Bradbury?

Me either.

Kind of the point I’ve been making about this.

Time to move on folks.

Considering its finals, the clubs walked away, the AFL has given us money and no one is discussing it anymore in the media, probably time to close this thread? Scorpus

This is probably the only umpiring blunder I can recall vividly, more than 2 weeks after the blunder was made. How none of the other umpires came in to insist for a goal review is just beyond stupid.
This is a common complaint but it's not their job. They're supposed to be watching the players for infringements. If they missed a hold in the goal square because they were too busy watching the ball we'd be livid.

It's the reason goal umpires exist, so the actual umps can watch the play while trusting that the goal umpire is not some bosseyed renegade trying to a hero.

Big game tonight. Reckon we can do the blues. Our time has come. ........ oh wait

Would have been pretty pumped about tonight. Shame one person and an inept organisation blew away our dreams.

If the world was just be a dangerous day to be a pint of beer in Melbourne today.

Alas, I'm at my desk in Adelaide.
I've had covid all week, so couldn't have gone anyway (I actually feel like s**t too). That would've absolutely killed me to miss it if we were there! Alas, I'm at home on my couch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone off the top of their head name the three blokes who fell over behind Bradbury?

Me either.

Time to move on folks.
Kim Dong-sung, Li Jiajun and Mathieu Turcotte.

Basic common knowledge.

And they were in front when they fell.

He seems to have really long fingers :p

Just saying ..
sci-fi et GIF by MANGOTEETH

Glad to see the cheating swans go out. The rightful finalist Adelaide would have put up a better fight imo. Haven't watched a final after our injustice. As long as powaa doesn't win I couldn't care less who wins the flag.

Last edited:

Me either.

Time to move on folks.

I think the American was called 'Ono' - remember it because it always seemed like such an appropriate name for the circumstance

-- looked it up, Apolo Ohno -

but yes otherwise I get your point

Back