Toast The Official Bailey Banfield Appreciation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Had it on a string in that 2nd half , winning half or even quarter chances at will

Could of been in a spot of bother without him

Best game for the club I think

Hats off

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
I thought he did well last week as well - he started to become better the more he played last year

I have been firmly in the 'Sturt over Banners' camp for the past few seasons but I'm pretty stoked to say that BB has properly earned his spot these past two rounds. Kicked two crucial goals, was clean with his disposal, and made good decisions with ball in hand. I think these sorts of games are what we have all wanted to see, all of the good things he's done in the past without any of the coach-killer stuff. As others have said, if he can keep this up that HFF role is his to lose for the rest of the year. Bravo.

I think the biggest improvement I've noticed in these first two games is that his ball use has been very clean, he hits his targets generally 90% of the time which I thought to be a weakness of his in the past.
I think his tackling improved and does seem quicker. But also more opportunities and not being stuck in forward line playing third tall and where delivery was quite bad and felt weekly pressure to perform

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taken from the Rolling AA Board

1711442713269.png

Bailey Banfield rated 32nd best player in the AFL this season by Player Rating. :eyes:

2017 Draft Class represent, Banfield and Brayshaw doing us proud. They were the first two to debut for us too.
It goes to show what a bit of confidence does! If he feels he belongs, he's going to play with way. I'm so hoping he keeps it up, he's a great build, height, has speed and fits the bill perfectly.

It goes to show what a bit of confidence does! If he feels he belongs, he's going to play with way. I'm so hoping he keeps it up, he's a great build, height, has speed and fits the bill perfectly.
Well, Longmuir has proven that he has faith in Banfield to produce good football on field that eventually it was going to start rubbing off on him.

I did not. I was too shy.
I was the same when I saw Stephen Michael as a youngster and couldn’t bring myself to approach him even after my Mum kept telling me to go up to him.

It’s hard when you see your heros up close.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back