Sport The Official Essendon Tennis Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The last two sets were fun to watch, testament to Novak that he got back into the match at 36 and with a back complaint. Hope Sinner beats whoever wins tonight in the final
The next 36 months will be like that generational transition from the turn of this century. We'd seen such a strangle hold from Aggassi / Sampras that when they were axing we had 11/16 different grand slam winners between 2000 - 2003. 11/16 were multiple grand slam champions in that time.

This period coming up with Novak raging, Nadal unsure on if he can get back to competing for titles and Roger done will see these 25 - 30 year olds scramble for titles while the next gen of stars take over quickly.

They probably don't have long, Alcaraz is already a slam winner, Sinner looks like a ripper, the Spanish kid who took it up to Novak in the round game as well looks a ripper.

Come on Sasha, Danil reeks of arrogance that I don't like
I honestly get the opposite vibes (plus Zverev has domestic violence charges back home right now :grimacing:)

I honestly get the opposite vibes (plus Zverev has domestic violence charges back home right now :grimacing:)
I don't follow the personal lives of tennis players but yeah, Medvedev strikes me as someone who will do what ever to win (as he should) and some of this is uh, peculiar.

I don't follow the personal lives of tennis players but yeah, Medvedev strikes me as someone who will do what ever to win (as he should) and some of this is uh, peculiar.
I don't really either but I have friends who do and they, uh, said he's got a court date in May.

What if Zverev is innocent?

Are all those calling for him to be banned from tour or to step down from his spot on the council apologise? Compensate him?

Keep in mind the main driver for these accusations in the tennis media world is Rothenberg who's still in a meltdown over the courts stating his article about Zverev's first allegations lacked substantial evidence, was biased and Zverev's lawyer made strong arguments about the truth of the allegations.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back