2nds The Official Northern Blues Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
jack darling yes,seeing he got picked 8 picks later,reid yes.
and why not anyone else reaching the level of j rwoldt and mitch clark isnt exactly elite status.
the point is watson and mcarthy are barely vfl level they both get smacked week in week out
I don't even think WC expected Darling to turn out as he has
I don't think CFC grabbed watson expecting him to become a rwoldt
If he does become an impact player great but at the moment he like sugar is a work in progress. Was not long ago we wanted to jetison Walker. Imagine how we would look now if he was doing this at say Ad

I don't even think WC expected Darling to turn out as he has
I don't think CFC grabbed watson expecting him to become a rwoldt
If he does become an impact player great but at the moment he like sugar is a work in progress. Was not long ago we wanted to jetison Walker. Imagine how we would look now if he was doing this at say Ad
i see your point and believe id love to be wrong but im just not optimistic about these 2.compared to the obvious talent shown by buckley and especially bootsma those 2 just dont get me excited

i see your point and believe id love to be wrong but im just not optimistic about these 2.compared to the obvious talent shown by buckley and especially bootsma those 2 just dont get me excited
and yet after draft day last year there were so many on this board shooting down both boots and bucks as duds

Buckley should be straight in the seniors and played as a forward. Good players play seniors and develop there and will probably be at least as good as Lucas.

Still got hope for Lucas even though he's been dissapointing. Murphy played a lot of soft footy then last year just changed and came out with a harder, stronger approach to the contest. At this stage Lucas is soft and his attack on the ball and the man is shocking but one day it will hopefully change. Needs to play on the ball in the VFL and be played amongst the contests.

Buckley should be straight in the seniors and played as a forward. Good players play seniors and develop there and will probably be at least as good as Lucas.

Still got hope for Lucas even though he's been dissapointing. Murphy played a lot of soft footy then last year just changed and came out with a harder, stronger approach to the contest. At this stage Lucas is soft and his attack on the ball and the man is shocking but one day it will hopefully change. Needs to play on the ball in the VFL and be played amongst the contests.

He has hardly played any football in the last 18mths. Jimmy interviewed said he was just happy to see him out there playing

[YOUTUBE]iZ0AqiF_jZg[/YOUTUBE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ0AqiF_jZg

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/cfc tv/tabid/10443/contentid/451891/default.aspx

Buckley's goal from 50 took everything he had to get over the line. Ran wide to get some extra distance on the kick. :D

Good awareness to take the kick quickly after realising the ruckman wasn't on the last line.

Hope the hype dies down with the crazy desire to pick him. Buckley's still a kid. Next we'll have a Mitchell bandwagon starting up if he plays well. They need time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why not past like this more, this is an opinion people will listen to. Buckley and Boots do look the goods that is for sure.

:thumbsdown:

Yet you talk about lack of size in another thread.

Yeah in through the center, he wouldn't be playing midfield. There is stuff all we can do at this stage about our lack of size and strength in our core players/spine except play Mclean and move Touhy and perhaps Yarran into the midfield. At this stage we're damned if we do and damned if we don't. We should be giving a few of the young players a taste of senior footy. Waite is also out and we have no proper key position targets up forward. I'd be bringing Watson in too and playing him down back with Henderson up forward and switching them to build Watson's expierence at both ends and give him something to play for. If we are going to lose and from here on we will be, we may as well be gaining something to take into 2013. Wouldn't mind seeing Yarran and Touhy pushed into the midfield, that means Bootsma/Lucas get an oppertunity to play and take a position in defence. Worse result is we do nothing and continue to get flogged and gain nothing. Likely result we restructure like I have mentioned, still lose a few but find something and help develop players, best result is that this kind of restructure reignites our season and we go into finals a show rather than missing out on them and also go into 2013 with Yarran/Touhy midfield ready, Mclean with trade value or actually contributing with Judd back to his best and Murphy and Carrazzo rejoining him. Long run we will be better off for doing something like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back