Analysis The Rebuilds of Geelong and Richmond and their Future Prospects

Who has the better future prospects?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Sort of agree with this. I thought that Trezise was okay, Ross also played well. Lefau has a long way to go, Banks got pushed off the ball way to easily and Dow just doesn't get to the ball. McAuliffe looked good in the 2s, as did Sonsie, and Clarke looked OK when he came on so there are some green shoots.

Trezise had a few massive deer in headlights moments. It's only his second game so maybe he can improve but this is the challenge of putting a bunch of young players in if that's the standard they're going to produce it'll be impossible to be competitive.

Ross did ok with the ball but is an absolute liability defensively. 6th year in the system and can't even lay a tackle or apply any sort of pressure playing as an inside mid. He's got Martin's defensive work rate with 1% of the attacking ability.

32 tackles is not a recipe for success and Ross and Dow are the chief problems. If I were Yze I'd put a line through them, shift Baker and Bolton permanently into the midfield and try to bring in some kids in lesser roles who will at least bring some competitiveness to start with.

How did Richmond's youth go today?
I didn't catch the game.
Really pleased with the output today especially from our younger tigers
Mansell, Rioli Jr and Campbell as our smalls for the game really brought the pressure for 4 qtrs and directly led to a lot of scores
Ross and Dow also very good games in the middle

Brown was quiet but it wasn’t a bad game either just played his role as a cog in the back 6 without standing out

Sonsie was probably a little bit quiet disposal wise but also with his limited ball had a decent impact with 5 score involemts

Wouldn’t say any had BOG performances but all played well

Hopefully Clark isn’t gifted any more games.
Let’s see how he goes against a bottom of the table midfield tomorrow.
Dude he's played 3 games.

1 of which where we were missing all of Guthrie, Atkins, Duncan, Bruhn, & Bowes through the midfield.

He hasn't set the world on fire...but he's hardly been gifted games either.

Hopefully Clark isn’t gifted any more games.
Let’s see how he goes against a bottom of the table midfield tomorrow.

Trent Cotchin's first two full games of footy: 30 disposals, 2 tackles (71% game time)
Jhye Clarks' first two full games of footy: 26 disposals, 4 tackles (64% game time)

Silly, perhaps unintentional, comment to just throw the kid under the bus. All young midfielders start out like this.

Yeah it’s tough when you evaluate kids like that eh?
Lmao one game and you're puffing your chest out.

I think you'll find most of the truly harsh criticism over Richmond has been directed at your mate Falcon. Delusional posts warrent harsh responses.

Get him out and I doubt you'll see a Geelong supporter in here, and it'll certainly be a more reasonable discussion.

Enjoy the rebuild, it's going to be long one.

Mansell, Rioli Jr and Campbell as our smalls for the game really brought the pressure for 4 qtrs and directly led to a lot of scores

Brown was quiet but it wasn’t a bad game either just played his role as a cog in the back 6 without standing out

Sonsie was probably a little bit quiet disposal wise but also with his limited ball had a decent impact with 5 score involemts

Mansell was very impressive

Lmao one game and you're puffing your chest out.

I think you'll find most of the truly harsh criticism over Richmond has been directed at your mate Falcon. Delusional posts warrent harsh responses.

Get him out and I doubt you'll see a Geelong supporter in here, and it'll certainly be a more reasonable discussion.

Enjoy the rebuild, it's going to be long one.
Don’t get upset.
I’m not commenting about my team.
I have a view on your youngsters.
Take it for what it is or ignore it.
And if guys like Bruin and Bowes are out I suppose Clark gets a free pass. Lol.

Mansell was very impressive
Yeah I’ve got a real soft spot for him
Can be a bit of a whipping boy and he deserves it to a degree

But he’s one of those players that will always put in 100% and do that team first stuff that doesn’t always get rewarded on the stat sheet or if you watch games live to see that defensive outlet running

Don’t get upset.
I don't care what your view is lmao. We're clearly ahead, the poll says as much.

Bruhn, Bowes, Guthrie, Atkins, & Duncan being out is why he's playing.

Just thought I'd explain that to you, but you're somehow too dumb to put two and two together.

If all those blokes are available, he's almost certainly not playing. You don't play an inside mid who's 10kgs underweight just for the sake of it.

Was impressed by Maurice Rioli today. He's better than I thought. He's better outside of the forward 50. Campbell with a little more composure could be a 200 gamer. Sonsie I'm not feeling it. Just think he's too soft. Josh Schache like

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Check the handball from Clark at 1:45. In a swarm of Crows. Shimmies away from pressure then elite vision and execution on his left. He'll be a player.

Or maybe we're just gifting a spud games.

I don't care what your view is lmao. We're clearly ahead, the poll says as much.

Bruhn, Bowes, Guthrie, Atkins, & Duncan being out is why he's playing.

Just thought I'd explain that to you, but you're somehow too dumb to put two and two together.

If all those blokes are available, he's almost certainly not playing. You don't play an inside mid who's 10kgs underweight just for the sake of it.
Yep, there shouldn’t be any pride a bloke that has been compared to Selwood only playing because Bruin and Bowes are injured. Combined with old men Duncan and Aitkins on their last legs.

You want better than that. He was up there in the draft with Wardlaw and Philipou in his draft class.
Assess him as such. Don’t give him excuses because spuds aren’t playing midfield and protecting him.

For those with some semblance of intelligence, they’d realise this is the case. For you, I think you probably have a few more points to make 🙂

Don’t get upset.

There’s a guy playing his 350th game tomorrow who took 5 seasons to lock down his position in the team.

Maybe just wait a bit longer than three matches mate.

Check the handball from Clark at 1:45. In a swarm of Crows. Shimmies away from pressure then elite vision and execution on his left. He'll be a player.

Or maybe we're just gifting a spud games.

Would've thought you'd be the first to notice the youngsters playing this weekend?

Geelong

• Ollie Henry - First round pick
  • Sam De Koning - First round pick
  • Max Holmes - First round pick
  • Toby Conway - Second round pick
  • Jhye Clark - First round pick
  • Tanner Bruhn - First round pick
  • Ollie Dempsey - Rookie

Richmond
  • Thomson Dow - First round pick
  • MRJ - Rookie
  • Seth Campbell - MSD
  • Tom Brown - First round pick
  • Tyler Sonsie - Second round pick
  • Ryhan Mansell - Rookie

Seeing as Richmond are supposedly two years ahead in the rebuild, I look forward to where Geelong end up in 2026.

Yep, there shouldn’t be any pride a bloke that has been compared to Selwood only playing because Bruin and Bowes are injured. Combined with old men Duncan and Aitkins on their last legs.

You want better than that. He was up there in the draft with Wardlaw and Philipou in his draft class.
Assess him as such. Don’t give him excuses because spuds aren’t playing midfield and protecting him.

For those with some semblance of intelligence, they’d realise this is the case. For you, I think you probably have a few more points to make 🙂
Ah right, so because some draft nuffie called him the next Selwood, I'm just supposed to take that as gospel and run with it?

Cam Rayner was the next Dusty not so long ago...I'm sure you'll afford the same rules to that comparison, no?

Ah right, so because some draft nuffie called him the next Selwood, I'm just supposed to take that as gospel and run with it?

Cam Rayner was the next Dusty not so long ago...I'm sure you'll afford the same rules to that comparison, no?
I’m not fussed bud.
Our Dow is no good and he got 13 possies last week.
Yet Clark is a future star and a poster on this page of this thread posted a highlight reel on his 14 possie game. You tell me whose setting standards high.

Would've thought you'd be the first to notice the youngsters playing this weekend?

Geelong

• Ollie Henry - First round pick
  • Sam De Koning - First round pick
  • Max Holmes - First round pick
  • Toby Conway - Second round pick
  • Jhye Clark - First round pick
  • Tanner Bruhn - First round pick
  • Ollie Dempsey - Rookie

Richmond
  • Thomson Dow - First round pick
  • MRJ - Rookie
  • Seth Campbell - MSD
  • Tom Brown - First round pick
  • Tyler Sonsie - Second round pick
  • Ryhan Mansell - Rookie

Seeing as Richmond are supposedly two years ahead in the rebuild, I look forward to where Geelong end up in 2026.

Pretty sure Campbell was a rookie pick , splitting hairs I know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not fussed bud.
Our Dow is no good and he got 13 possies last week.
Yet Clark is a future star and a poster on this page of this thread posted a highlight reel on his 14 possie game. You tell me whose setting standards high.
If anything, it's been Richmond supporters writing him off in this thread.

Geelong supporters need a Google search to even know who Thomson Dow is, why would we care?

On that search, I found out that he's 3 years older than Clark...but that's not important information at all, right?

I hope for your sake he does work out, as it appears you've got bugger all else.

....And no, a 25 year old Rugby league player doesn't count as 'playing the kids'

If anything, it's been Richmond supporters writing him off in this thread.

Geelong supporters need a Google search to even know who Thomson Dow is, why would we care?

On that search, I found out that he's

I hope for your sake he does work out, as it appears you've got bigger all else.
All good bud, any intelligent poster would have tapped out two posts ago, wasn’t really bait but there you go. Good for you.
Hope Clark works out for you. Bruin and Bowes out and all lol.

Great day for the Tigers.

I'm still not convinced by Dow or Ross. But the rest showed plenty.

A massive breakout game from Mansell. Rioli Jnr contributed a lot. Campbell oozes class. Brown had moments.

Overall a lot to like.

Back