The Rendell Fiasco

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Re: Rendell Says the club will only recruit Aboriginals that have one white parent

Quote?

Context?

if so, yes i tend to agree with you but would like to read the context he said it in before passing judgement.

Re: Rendell Says the club will only recruit Aboriginals that have one white parent

Press conference shortly reported on 5AA

It doesn't look good but you shouldn't attribute the quote to Rendell until it's confirmed.

Was this what they were talking about last night on the Footy Show?

Certainly seems like it is our club unfortunately. Is it definitely the head recruiter who made the statement in question? Might be one of the underlings.

Well Triggy, the distraction that Bernie caused to the preparation for the big game tomorrow was nothing compared to what this is going to create :thumbsdown:

Trigg and Rob Chapman press conference at 5:10

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently Demetriou is very angry. In fact the whole footy community is angry. Andy D is leaving it to the club to deal with first before he intervenes (if necessary). I fear he might get the flick.

It doesn't look good but you shouldn't attribute the quote to Rendell until it's confirmed.

My concern is a wider issue. We have focussed our recruiting on well educated lads that attend colleges, regardless of their ethnicity. Are they then more likely to disappear elsewhere for more money or better future job opportunities.

Demetriou is PISSED.

Saying what multiple clubs do may not have been the best thing :(

So Rendell said that clubs will only recruit Aboriginals that have 1 white parent? When did he say this anyway?

If it's all true it's a bloody stupid thing to say given recent events. Club won't have a choice other than to sack him and deny that this has been their thought process.

Can't believe this...

He's gotta go...I reckon AFL will force the Crows to get rid of him if we don't do it on our own..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back