Opinion The Ruck. We need to talk.

Remove this Banner Ad

That post makes no sense. We will have a 2025 starting ruck and apparently, he's coming from somewhere else and for some reason, that has your panties in a bunch. Are you also concerned that a North Melbourne player might win the Brownlow in 2025 and he's not currently on our list?

You appear to have thoroughly misunderstood what I thought was a pretty straightforward statement.

There’s always some 21-25 year old ruck doing the rounds at trade week. We can offer a pretty unique opportunity in being the number one ruck! There’s only 17 other spots and ALOT of them are clearly held by an existing player.

I really hope this isn’t a tough ask for Brady to entice someone over. We really should be able to pick whoever the f we want, get them to formally request a trade and we pay them +20% for the first two years and go from there.

There’s always some 21-25 year old ruck doing the rounds at trade week. We can offer a pretty unique opportunity in being the number one ruck! There’s only 17 other spots and ALOT of them are clearly held by an existing player.

I really hope this isn’t a tough ask for Brady to entice someone over. We really should be able to pick whoever the f we want, get them to formally request a trade and we pay them +20% for the first two years and go from there.
I would be disappointed if it was still brady asking the question

Xerri's never going to dominate tap outs, but plenty of good, undersized ruckman haven't. Nank, Marshall, McEvoy come to mind.

I think he's competitive enough throwing himself into the oppo at ruck contests and seems to run out games ok, but his footy IQ, decision making, hand/foot skills and marking ability is light years behind the guys listed above.

Comparing him to a not-so-athletic, 34 yr old equally undersized Goldy, this is what stands out like the proverbial and is what we'll miss the most.

Just get someone not get game time from another club - Bryan , flynn,sweet,Grundy,strachan, moyle
Plenty around
The other one to consider is Hayden McLean who is also out of contract

He’d work well with xerri/CCJ as he can go forward and have an impact. 4 goals on the weekend

Xerri's never going to dominate tap outs, but plenty of good, undersized ruckman haven't. Nank, Marshall, McEvoy come to mind.

I think he's competitive enough throwing himself into the oppo at ruck contests and seems to run out games ok, but his footy IQ, decision making, hand/foot skills and marking ability is light years behind the guys listed above.

Comparing him to a not-so-athletic, 34 yr old equally undersized Goldy, this is what stands out like the proverbial and is what we'll miss the most.
Xerri doesn’t take marks

If you’re no good around the ground - you’d need to be putting it down the throats of our onballers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The situation is grim
Xerri I don’t rate highly and I think I’d rather CCJ but he might have to play CHF/second ruck (if comben goes back) which means xerri still gets number 1 ruck

Get me soldo or Sean Darcy

Well as he is our only real ruck, hope he stays fit as I hope he's improved.

Good chance of both, and he can mark just needs to time his arrival at the contest, he actually has shown that on the odd occasion, just when he stands still with his arms in the air, he aint marking it.

Most overated position in AFL football. Here are some premiership ruckman:
  • Mason Cox
  • Rhys Stanley
  • Trent West
  • Mark Blake
  • Mike Pyke
  • Jordan Roughhead
  • Max Bailey

Xerri and CCJ can limp through the next two years until Goad gets rolling or we pick up someone on the annual merry go round.

Ruck depth/quality is the least of our worries.

• Mason Cox
  • Rhys Stanley
  • Trent West
  • Mark Blake
  • Mike Pyke
  • Jordan Roughhead
  • Max Bailey

Xerri and CCJ can limp through the next two years until Goad gets rolling or we pick up someone on the annual merry go round.

Colby…you tricky

Henry Cavill Thirst Tweets GIF by BuzzFeed

• Mason Cox
  • Rhys Stanley
  • Trent West
  • Mark Blake
  • Mike Pyke
  • Jordan Roughhead
  • Max Bailey

It is now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back