The Tin Shed.

Remove this Banner Ad

So vinum coupe

The cricket.... it's almost the less said is better. Something isn't right though, our bowlers are complete ineffective yet when we bat the pitch all of a sudden turns into a minefield.

Personally I think it's an ego thing in our team.... especially batting wise. The Paki's have took their time, built their innings slowly etc... Our blokes get in and can't handle not dominating the bowling. So get themselves out

So we finish a test series in Dubai yesterday didn't we, and have a T20 international tomorrow in Adelaide..... How the hell does that work, or do T20 guns like Marsh, Maxwell and Johnson just miss out?

Pretty poor scheduling

So we finish a test series in Dubai yesterday didn't we, and have a T20 international tomorrow in Adelaide..... How the hell does that work, or do T20 guns like Marsh, Maxwell and Johnson just miss out?

Pretty poor scheduling
The squad hardly has any of the test players in it. What's worse is that they had a week long camp in preparation for these pretty meaningless matches and all of these players missed Shield cricket as a result.

Hence why the Vics probably won against NSW. Got to wonder what CA's priority is really.

The squad hardly has any of the test players in it. What's worse is that they had a week long camp in preparation for these pretty meaningless matches and all of these players missed Shield cricket as a result.

Hence why the Vics probably won against NSW. Got to wonder what CA's priority is really.
CA's priority is $$$$$

Why else would they pay that stupid big bash smack bang in the middle of the test series. We'll be stuffed if we are battling at home because there will be no one outside the test team getting any proper cricket in

CA's priority is $$$$$

Why else would they pay that stupid big bash smack bang in the middle of the test series. We'll be stuffed if we are battling at home because there will be no one outside the test team getting any proper cricket in
During the World Cup we have Sheffield shield games being played.

Obviously not on the main venues.

I would have thought playing the domestic one day cup during that time would have made sense.

All squad players not playing go back and play for their state to stay in good form.

I personally hate the big bash and T20 in general, you could say I'm a traditionalist. The only shred of enjoyment I got out of T20 was watching the Vics play, now it's just soulless franchises. Poor mans IPL.

The whole cricket schedule is screwed.
They don't care about sheffield shield any more.

I was thinking the other day, they should just change the whole world calendar in regards to tests.

There are 10 test nations.
Rather than have meaningless series all over the world, why don't they play each other twice each year.
And at the end of June the team with the most points is crowned number 1.

So that would mean we'd play 9 tests in Australia every year against 9 different opponents.
We'd obviously need to bunch ours in the October - February bracket.
9 tests over 5 months should be easy enough. 4 before xmas, 5 after.

Then there's the obvious problem of the ashes.........
And IPL......

Australian test players could be paid enough to cover any loss of earnings through IPL.
But I guess that wont work for lower paid countries.

the biggest problem is the IPL

The BCCI think that they run world cricket and if anyone dared to threaten their money maker they would threaten to pull out and boycot other series... which of course costs everyone else $$$

The best thing they could do with the Big Bash is either have it before or after our international stuff is done, so it starts the summer off or finishes it with a bang. That way we would have ALL our top players available as well, but again it comes down to the $$$ better crowds during school holiday time... so who cares if say Doolan is struggling for runs and none of the players that could replace him have hit a red ball in a month

Well the chunk of money other teams get from the BCCI is meant to be enormous, so in a way they do control it.
But we don't have a lot of test players that actually play IPL.

Well the chunk of money other teams get from the BCCI is meant to be enormous, so in a way they do control it.
But we don't have a lot of test players that actually play IPL.
Make no mistake India run the game. Cricket Australia and the ECB just latched onto them to form a power block to try and keep them in check but they run the game. They run the icc and its finance committee.

The way things are going there may not be 10 test nations must longer, the windies are going the way of the dodo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The whole cricket schedule is screwed.
They don't care about sheffield shield any more.

I was thinking the other day, they should just change the whole world calendar in regards to tests.

There are 10 test nations.
Rather than have meaningless series all over the world, why don't they play each other twice each year.
And at the end of June the team with the most points is crowned number 1.

So that would mean we'd play 9 tests in Australia every year against 9 different opponents.
We'd obviously need to bunch ours in the October - February bracket.
9 tests over 5 months should be easy enough. 4 before xmas, 5 after.

Then there's the obvious problem of the ashes.........
And IPL......

Australian test players could be paid enough to cover any loss of earnings through IPL.
But I guess that wont work for lower paid countries.
Iirc India have tried to bring a test championship type idea, whereby the top 5 play against each and the bottom 5 against each other and there would be promotions and relegations.

It fell over as the bottom 5 nation which at present are WI, NZ, Bangladesh, Zimbabwe and India wouldn't be able to generate enough revenue to remain viable by just playing each other [factoring in that India were no.1 when this fell over].

NZ rely on home series against Aus, England and India to remain viable.

Whilst the Windies and SL are in financial trouble and have had player pay disputes as a result.

Bangladesh and Zimbabwe are fledgling test nations who like NZ rely on big drawing tours for revenue and lastly Pakistan can't even play in their own country.

Also despite their success iirc SA don't have much money either.

There are only 3 successful cricketing nations at present and one is holding the game to ransom in return for scheduling tours against them (which draws massive amounts of revenue).

The ICC is like the ACCC..... Toothless tiger!

NSFB.
NZ get 2000 to test cricket.
2000!

No one should be surprised. The game has been progressively diluted for years. One series morphs into another endlessly, plus far too much of the shorter forms of the game as well.
Can honestly say I've never watched a complete T20 game. Can't stand the format personally. Meaningless ODI series as well. If you can explain to why we play an ODI series against SA starting in a few days, then a test series vs India. Only to then go back to playing ODI's in preparation for the WC.

The stupid part being that the domestic OD competition has already been played where I would have thought playing it during the WC would allow players on the periphery of the Australian team to stay in form by playing in these matches, but no, with the CA plan they'll just be sitting on idle hands waiting for an opportunity and the only state cricket being played during the WC will be the Sheffield Shield Go figure!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back