The Travel Thread 🚗 🚢 ✈

Remove this Banner Ad

Malta is amazing, been twice and can't wait to go back. Hope you love your history!

Yes, doing some research, was looking at the hypogeum, do you recommend a visit

Any tips sublime?

Yes, doing some research, was looking at the hypogeum, do you recommend a visit

Any tips sublime?
How long are you planning on spending there? Its only a small place but there is much more to see than you'd think!

Sliema, right on the harbour is pretty much an ideal place to base yourself. Getting around by bus is cheap and also super easy to get pretty much anywhere you need to go.

Mdina the silent city is fantastic, also have some great glass products.

St Julians is the lively bar,food and club district.

Valetta has a bit of everything, markets, cafes, history.

Popeye Village (from the Robin Williams movie) is a bit of trashy camp fun up North near Mellieha.

Hypogeum is absolutely worth seeing!

Mosta Dome in Mosta is fascinating, a site where an unexploded bomb from the war still sits after crashing through the roof.

The Neoliithic Temples Hagar Qim down south is absolutely worth a visit, so so old and super interesting. While there its only a hop and a skip to go on a boat ride to the Blue Grotto, absolutely amazing. Can get a ride with one of the locals, or a tour company if you like.

A boat ride Gozo, Comino & The Blue Lagoon is well worth it also for a bit of an explore.

That's a few of the main ones i'd recommend seeing off the top of my head (missed a few no doubt!). Need any more info, hit me up :)

FFS what ever you do, DON'T drink corona. The pitch forks will be out very soon. ;)

Too late, I've got some in the fridge, nice with a bit of lime...

My dad used to say, there's no bad beers, just some are better than others.

(Believe me he knew ;))

With all the angst on the serious threads I thought I would update you on my daughter's travels. We spoke to her in Belgrade at the weekend. Skype has been ordinary recently. Malcolm Turnball must be laying his cables in Europe:eek:

Alison has been spending time outside of the countries that only allow you to stay 90 days. From Germany she travelled to Sofia in Bulgaria which was probably the last time Skype worked properly. She was a little lonely and scared. The Border Guard had told her how dangerous Sofia was and why did she want to go there. So much for promoting your own country. She eventually found herself travelling East towards the Black Sea where she had found herself some free board and lodging on an Ostrich Farm in exchange for work. It was near a place called Varna which is a town on the Black Sea. She had a ball particularly looking after the ostrich chicks.

After two weeks it was bye and off to Rumania. She stayed in Bucharest and then travelled to Transylvania:eek:
She visited the castle at Bran but didn't encounter any vampires.

As I said she is now in Serbia and soon will be heading off to do some work for free board and lodging. So she's having a ball as it sounds like the back pack community is a very accommodating bunch:D

She sends plenty of Instagram photos and posts from the places she visits. After each Carlton game I send her a match report although she keeps in touch with the Blues news regularly.

On Saturday my wife showed me an Instagram and said I'd enjoy it. It was a video taken at night and I could hear a fountain and I could see lights which as the shot panned right was obviously a huge square. All of a sudden there was my daughter waving and putting on her best Serbian accent saying "hello, Belgrade calling". It was her tribute to Eurovision, I smiled at the silliness of it all. I miss her being near but I'm so happy that she's having a great time.

After spending the night in Perth, we are on our way to Margaret River. Stopped over in Mandurah and had a beautiful seafood lunch!! :D

Just stopped in Bunbury for a drink and stretch and now on our way to Margaret River. The weather is absolutely glorious!! Sunny blue skies and quite warm!! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406183306.508389.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406183330.392275.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406183352.743719.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bluebelle really glad you are getting great weather. Where did you have lunch in Mandurah as that is where I was brought up and my dad lives there.

At Cicerello's!! It was GREAT!!!

Make sure you do a wine tour whilst you're down at Margaret River BB.
And go and visit Vasse Felix, a favourite winery of mine.

That's where we are going mate! A colleague recommended it and Guns has given it the tick of approval too :D

Any brewery recommendations?

Any of you guys know Newcastle well? Am heading up there next weekend to catch up with a girlfriend, but have antisocially snared a day to myself before I meet her. What to do on a weekday with a limited (i.e. unemployed bum but not totally destitute) budget?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back