The Travel Thread 🚗 🚢 ✈

Remove this Banner Ad

I may be late to the party Bluesque - but I'll agree with HBF re: Noosa.

An absolute favourite holiday destination of mine. Been there countless times over the years and never get sick of it.

Best holiday destination in Australia IMO. Go there - you won't regret it.

Noosa would be very close to the top of my list for holiday spots as well.
So much to do up there on the Sunshine Coast.

Just returned from a week in Darwin, watched my son play two matches for his local club (one on Australia day and the other on Sunday).

Goddam hot up there but it helps with the beer consumption. Saw some of the local wildlife, frightened the bejesus out of me too :

12654212_10153311607411905_3721750339058904666_n.jpg

News of the trip.

Flying to LA. Down to San Francisco and back to LA. Off to New Orleans via Flagstaff, Arizona. North to Memphis. Further north to Chicago. Across to New York and Washington. While in US. Travelling by Planes, trains and automobiles. Chris loves movies so LA is a real attraction. Music festival in New Orleans? The Village and Madison Square Gardens (to see the Knicks) in NY. The monuments in Washington.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We fly into Albuquerque...

Any do's & dont's
Go up the Sandia Peak Cable Car, it's a beautiful view at night time. There is an ace restaurant up there as well. (Well it was when i was there in 2008).

If you're a Breaking Bad fan, you'd be able to see tons of filming locations as well, much more than when i was there as it was only just a fairly new show then.

It's a fairly high altitude place so may take time for some people to adjust to it, it's not that bad though i didn't notice anything personally.

There is a few nice little breweries to visit, but you won't need more than a couple of days there.

Main don't would be to not mix with some of the more colourful folk there. Can be a bit rough in a few places, but the touristy areas are all fine, you'll not have any issues with the gangs.

Look out for Bugs Bunny while you're there, hopefully he doesn't take a wrong turn ;)

Late mail. My son is going to Texas as well. So I hope he knows the way to Sante Fe! Travelling through Lubbock on his way to Austin. I've been trying to give him some reading material and all I get is no, no, no. When he mentioned Austin I thought he couldn't refuse Kinky Friedman's "The Great Psychedelic Armadillo Picnic - A 'Walk' in Austin." Now Kinky writes great detective novels and sings country and western sometimes with his band 'The Texas Jewboys'. He's an Austinite through and through. My son's response, "send me an email".

Last edited:
Up early. I nearly choked on my breakfast when I saw the cost of parking at the Airport. Check in went smoothly except for the tour group which managed to push its way to the front. Sat down and had a coffee. Might be the last decent coffee he'll get in a long time. His mum had a little sook as he headed in. The plane was late taking off. How do I know? His mum is tracking his flight. I understand he's out over the Tasman Sea as I type.

News of the trip.

Flying to LA. Down to San Francisco and back to LA. Off to New Orleans via Flagstaff, Arizona. North to Memphis. Further north to Chicago. Across to New York and Washington. While in US. Travelling by Planes, trains and automobiles. Chris loves movies so LA is a real attraction. Music festival in New Orleans? The Village and Madison Square Gardens (to see the Knicks) in NY. The monuments in Washington.

New Orleans is a fantastic place. Could well be a festival http://fqfi.org/frenchquarter
And head to the venues on Frenchman St. Great music and vibe.

My son is in New Orleans and apparently having fun. This morning, on Instagram, it was a trad jazz band wailing away on Frenchman St. Tonight it was an NBA game between the New Orleans Pelicans and the Oaklahoma City Thunder. It turned out a pretty exciting contest.

My son is in New Orleans and apparently having fun. This morning, on Instagram, it was a trad jazz band wailing away on Frenchman St. Tonight it was an NBA game between the New Orleans Pelicans and the Oaklahoma City Thunder. It turned out a pretty exciting contest.
Would've killed to be at that match! AD!

Tonight it was ice hockey in LA. Kings v Canadiens. First check of the game happened in front of Chris (had seat in row 6 at ground level). He said it sounded like a car crash and broke the door to the penalty box.

How come everything is so planned out in advance, HBF? I get that some things need to be, but the object for me when I am on holidays is not to plan and have no agenda and definitely no routine, as I have all that in my every day life. Also, you might just wake and decide to do something random. I know MEB is a bit of a control freak.

How come everything is so planned out in advance, HBF? I get that some things need to be, but the object for me when I am on holidays is not to plan and have no agenda and definitely no routine, as I have all that in my every day life. Also, you might just wake and decide to do something random. I know MEB is a bit of a control freak.
MEB_ Do you think of yourself as a control freak ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back