The Ultimate Fighter Season 10 - Heavyweights

Remove this Banner Ad

Kimbo vs. Nelson is getting some really palpable buzz from everyone in sports, from hardcore MMA fans to just casual viewers.

I wouldn't be surprised if they easily break a 3.0 rating in America for this episode.

Spoilers!!:

Round 1: Nelson working the jab. Nice leg kick by Slice. Lots of bobbing and weaving. Off to a slow start. Kimbo finally opens up and pushes him to the cage while landing some strikes., Nelson ties him up against the fence. Nelson looking for the takedown but Kimbo not going easy. Action stalls against the fence. Nelson finally pulls him from the cage and trips him down. Nelson flat on top working for the kimura. Slice has the guard of Houston Alexander but gets a rise from the gang when he flips off the fence �"unfortunately Nelson and his belly keep him from turning over. Nelson traps the arms and starts whaling away straight down on Kimbo’s noggin. Referee Herb Dean lets the punishment go in a scene eerily reminiscent of the James Thompson fight Slice had in Elite XC back in May 2008. The only thing in Dean’s favor is the fact that he knew only a few seconds remained in the fight and the world would be watching. Time expires with Kimbo getting pummeled.

Round 2: Kimbo clocks him and Roy flops around for a moment until a they tie up and a knee attempt by Slice leads to a Nelson takedown. They hit the ground and it’s right back to the jits for Big Country. Rampage: “Don’t let him do that!” Thanks coach. Nelson moving from mount to side control with no resistance. Crucifix part two. From there it’s academic. Nelson pounds away until Dean is forced to stop it.

Roy Nelson defeats Kimbo Slice via TKO
LOL @ Kimbo. So glad he's off the show already.

I think it's reasonable to assume that we can expect spoilers in a thread about a show who's discussions take place after the actuall air date. Unless someone wants to start another thread, but this one got heaps in it already. Who the hell is our moderator anyway?

On the fight regardless of the hype it was pretty ordinary. Better than the last two but watching a midget kicking a ball against a wall was preferable to those two fights. I think it was fairly obvious that Dana made Rashard pick that fight to get some credability back in the series. Even so if that was on a card it would be the worst one on it. Perhaps a 4/10.

Kimbo has come across quite well as a person, but I trust reality TV as a judge of character about as much as the ball kicking midget.

Poor poor season.

The show has been fairly entertaining this season, but agree with drew that the fighting has been absolutely deplorable. Rampage has been good value.

Ball kicking short people can be very entertaining though...

luda_video_02.jpg

:D

Kimbo didn't show any signs of improvement since the Thompson fight last year yet he still looked better than the other two guys on Rampage's team.

I'm not sure if he'll get back into the TUF season (they'll obviously keep pushing that there's a chance though, the episode rated better in the US than any other MMA show ever) but he'll definitely be fighting on the finale. He's training at ATT at the moment and Rashad's said he'd be interested in training with him at Jackson's camp so he's obviously willing to work but at 35 I don't think he can go very far. How long until we see Kimbo vs Houston?

Kimbo didn't show any signs of improvement since the Thompson fight last year yet he still looked better than the other two guys on Rampage's team.

I'm not sure if he'll get back into the TUF season (they'll obviously keep pushing that there's a chance though, the episode rated better in the US than any other MMA show ever) but he'll definitely be fighting on the finale. He's training at ATT at the moment and Rashad's said he'd be interested in training with him at Jackson's camp so he's obviously willing to work but at 35 I don't think he can go very far. How long until we see Kimbo vs Houston?

Don't know that he will be. I read an interview with him and he mentioned fighting at UFC 107 but then quickly retracted that statement as if he wasn't supposed to admit that. Pretty sure the finale for season 10 qand 107 are faily close together.

Who else thinks that Marcus Jones knee will start to deteriorate even more and he is unable to fight. Leaving the door for Kimbo to step back into the picture and put his hand up to fight again. Kimbo will knock out whoever it is he has to fight and make his way through to the finale. Conveniently setting up a Roy Nelson V Kimbo Slice rematch and setting up all time ratings bonanza for Dana White and the UFC?

You heard it here first..

Who else thinks that Marcus Jones knee will start to deteriorate even more and he is unable to fight. Leaving the door for Kimbo to step back into the picture and put his hand up to fight again. Kimbo will knock out whoever it is he has to fight and make his way through to the finale. Conveniently setting up a Roy Nelson V Kimbo Slice rematch and setting up all time ratings bonanza for Dana White and the UFC?

You heard it here first..

There is video of Marcus Jones walking towards the octagon to fight on the previews for the show, so it would have to be after his first fight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poor form by FUEL TV last night delayed the s**t out Ultimate Fighter starting and I had it taped on IQ meaning I didnt see past the first round. In that short time I saw Kimbo struggle big time once he went to the ground

Poor form by FUEL TV last night delayed the s**t out Ultimate Fighter starting and I had it taped on IQ meaning I didnt see past the first round. In that short time I saw Kimbo struggle big time once he went to the ground

I believe it was a 12 minute delay all up for the sake of airing some short film of random skate footage :mad:

Keyboard Warrior is awesome, Never knew about that one!! And I am a HUGEE MMA fan.
You just made my day man!

no worries mate but thank barralupohe let me in on the secret last week.

spoiler next... highlight to read.

demarco started off pretty well i thought. took schaub down and got to side control pretty easy. went for the mount and got flipped and showed evtremely poor submission defense i thought. getting caught in an anaconda that easily is pretty useless.

im also starting to like rashaad a hellova lot more and dislike rampage after ep4. it used to love quint but he is carrying on like a toolkit and didnt console demarco after he lost just left him in the octo by himself... poor form. good on rashaad for giving him a few positive words. showd some humility

Haha that was awkward how he was left alone after losing the fight. That was a much better fight then the first two, but the striking is still really sloppy. I think Brendan might have a chance to win, I know he won fairly cheaply, winning with an anaconda, but he looks fairly solid.

Haha that was awkward how he was left alone after losing the fight. That was a much better fight then the first two, but the striking is still really sloppy. I think Brendan might have a chance to win, I know he won fairly cheaply, winning with an anaconda, but he looks fairly solid.

It was on nicely but it was put on a dude that had no idea what it was. I know white belts that would have gotten out of that purely buy not letting Brendan get to position, he basically rolled into it too, you don't try and put yourself onto your back, your weight applies all the force there and reduces the space around their arms as your neck is on the mat, unfortunately it shows Demarco came in with pretty much 0 BJJ, hardly a good look when you're talking about a guy that is supposed to be the most likely to win from your team. Best fight so far due to the fact both these dudes brought it and momentum swinged a lot. Both still have less to offer the UFC than Amir Shodallar. 5/10

And I feel rampage has seen the bad end of the editing stick now he's shafted Dana with the A-Team. Not saying he was a great coach but he was just as bad on season 7 and there his personality was shown most marketabley. Should have talked to his fighter after though.

I remember him doing the same thing back in Season 7 after a loss, so yeh, Dana's clearly playing him as the bad guy now.

I was surprised he was left in the ring alone after the fight, but good on Rashad for going up & talking to him.

Matt's a joke, does anyone think he's got a plan, or just doesn't think?

Overall, I've been disappointed with this season, the fights have been boring, showing no real skill imo.
The Kimbo & Roy fight was o.k, but for someone (Roy) who's had 15 pro fights (give or take 1 or 2, I can't remember, don't like Roy anyway) you think he would show better skill, at one point it looked like Roy was trying to sufficate Kimbo with that big big belly of his.
Kimbo on the other hand showed his skill in the stand-up. I look forward to seeing Kimbo when he's had more time to learn some ground game.

He clearly did it so he didn't have to fight Marcus. How many times did he say "We'll just swap the fights" during that segment? What a dick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back