The Upper Murray Football League (Part2)

Remove this Banner Ad

have heard the bad news that rat williams has been taking to hospital with a broken neck after a moter bike acident over the weekend, happy to hear he is doing well and hope he makes a fast and safe recovery. that is some bad news for tumba after there good win over walwa, talking bout walwa wats going on up there they took 3 quaters to over run a under strengh cudgy now this loss are they the real deal or was all this preseason talk just that ALL TALK. looking like bullioh and feds r well in front of the rest, with cudgy proving me wrong with a good win but at the same time corryong havent really improved one bit on last year, old evan really needs good help up there:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

have heard the bad news that rat williams has been taking to hospital with a broken neck after a moter bike acident over the weekend, happy to hear he is doing well and hope he makes a fast and safe recovery. that is some bad news for tumba after there good win over walwa, talking bout walwa wats going on up there they took 3 quaters to over run a under strengh cudgy now this loss are they the real deal or was all this preseason talk just that ALL TALK. looking like bullioh and feds r well in front of the rest, with cudgy proving me wrong with a good win but at the same time corryong havent really improved one bit on last year, old evan really needs good help up there:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Mite have to agree with you Super Wog about the dees. If you look at all the clearances going up there I can't see many playing for them at the moment.I suppose if they scrap into the 4 they mite upset the finals only if they can all there players on the field. Also you are right with Walwa . Seem to have alot of talent players but maybe they were pumped up ? Feds have slipped under the radar a fair bit. And Bulioh are like Geelong and win the ones that count. The Blues seem to have a young side and are building the club.If they could land a coach from in town next season who would bring a few handy players it would be agreat mix. Gee if Rat is out for the season that's a huge blow for Maxie. I have heard that they had a 3 O&M players playing for them on the weekend . Can anyone tells us more?

Reggie spoke to maxie last night told me what happened to rat he's feeling pretty low at the moment just wants his mate to make afull recovery said he is going down to see him on the bye weekend [what else can happen to maxie this year].
The 3 o/m players were two 17 year olds one 18yrs old could be heading to tumba for the rest of the season they were only playing thirds down in Albury/Wodonga.What does he see that other coach's don't?
Look forward to catching up with him next week

yes reggie should be a laugh up there standard and all. did i read write today and see a ex cudgy 2nds player playing 1st grade for corryong? i thought they had a heap of new great recruits at the club... nothing agaisnt my old mate but they must still be pushing s**t up hill if he is getting a run in the ones. im going to pick a draw as i think both clubs will miss the finals this year unless they can both pick up some late players mid year.

super wog... your old mate hasnt played for cudgy for 4 or 5 years.
playing in a better league will do a player wonders..

Its always easy to kick a dog when its down, our guys have improved a heap on last year. Its better that we run out with a half a team of kids that are gunna improve rather than half a forward line of 50 year olds like last year. Our boys were down by only 15 points half way through the 3rd quarter on saturday but we ran out of legs and numbers by the end of the game with only 15 fit players left on the ground and no bench. True, not every player on the clearance's have played for us but we have a full 2's team every week and have managed to even win a couple of games which hasn't happened in years. Only those closest to the club know how much we have improved and its not just only the win/loss coloum that matters. Evan's getting great help from the coaching staff and committee and hopefully within the next year or two our results will reflect our improvement.

Its always easy to kick a dog when its down, our guys have improved a heap on last year. Its better that we run out with a half a team of kids that are gunna improve rather than half a forward line of 50 year olds like last year. Our boys were down by only 15 points half way through the 3rd quarter on saturday but we ran out of legs and numbers by the end of the game with only 15 fit players left on the ground and no bench. True, not every player on the clearance's have played for us but we have a full 2's team every week and have managed to even win a couple of games which hasn't happened in years. Only those closest to the club know how much we have improved and its not just only the win/loss coloum that matters. Evan's getting great help from the coaching staff and committee and hopefully within the next year or two our results will reflect our improvement.

Very true, its not as if the dees ever came out and claimed they were going to win the premiership this year, re-building takes time and although the dees have been smashed a few times, things generally appear on the up. They aren't out splashing cash, which alot of clubs have done over the passed two years (and i'll be interested to see where they are at when the money dries up, hopefully they dont die in the a*se as the league needs them). That is NOT knocking paying players as this is required, I'm just questionning whether some of these clubs can do it over a long term period - like Bullioh appear able to do.

Whos the best player in the UM these days?

On another note:-

Was watching federals play a few weeks ago and couldnt believe the energy from one of there supporters. He had the best calls of all time!

he was a small bloke, pretty bald but had a tiny little cover of hair over the cranium. I think he works at the spaghetti shop in town?

anyone know who im talking about - he had me and my mates in fits of laughter all game!

did this man you speak of have a mow and constantly rolling a cigarette whilst dishing out sprays?

if so it may be pedro collins! hates cudgewa.

did this man you speak of have a mow and constantly rolling a cigarette whilst dishing out sprays?

if so it may be pedro collins! hates cudgewa.

Thanks snake43. Pedro - that name suits this guy. The boys i went to the footy will love this!

p.s not sure about the moe - but definately remember Pedro enjoying a ciggy!

How did Michael Hayes play against his old club - the demons on the weekend?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

not at all mate, played my junior football with federals. now living in melbs and playing down here.

you still having a kick buckster?

TIPS FOR THIS WEEK

CUDGIE OVER TUMBA 19pts [only because rat is out]

B/W OVER BULLIOH 4pts

FEDS OVER CORRYONG 6gls

Was talking to a few tumba boys this week ,they've nick=named Tom Hickey MOZART [He plays a good tune].
Tiger where are you?
M.Hayes played a reasonable game last week will only get better with a few more games under his belt.

who did you play for in the upper murray?

snake43 - Im not exactly sure why you are so keen on finding out my life history.

Think people in this forum are more interested in current topics than where i used to play footy and who my mates are.

TIPS FOR THIS WEEK

CUDGIE OVER TUMBA 19pts [only because rat is out]

B/W OVER BULLIOH 4pts

FEDS OVER CORRYONG 6gls

Was talking to a few tumba boys this week ,they've nick=named Tom Hickey MOZART [He plays a good tune].
Tiger where are you?
M.Hayes played a reasonable game last week will only get better with a few more games under his belt.

well REF my tips are
Blues by 12 points
Bullioh by 26points
Feds by 9 goals.

Hayes will get better as the season gets on and be right for finals.I think the blues will make finals. Also noticed that there's a Nathan Jones/ Mil Hanna look alike running around in the 2's at Corryong.Must be getting better with age by the best in the paper on mondays. Let's see how the Dees go this week?:thumbsu:

well REF my tips are
Blues by 12 points
Bullioh by 26points
Feds by 9 goals.

Hayes will get better as the season gets on and be right for finals.I think the blues will make finals. Also noticed that there's a Nathan Jones/ Mil Hanna look alike running around in the 2's at Corryong.Must be getting better with age by the best in the paper on mondays. Let's see how the Dees go this week?:thumbsu:

I remember that guy from Brock back in the 90s. He had hair like Nick Riewoldt back then and you had to line him up with Pig Land's F100 to see if he was at full pace or not.

I remember that guy from Brock back in the 90s. He had hair like Nick Riewoldt back then and you had to line him up with Pig Land's F100 to see if he was at full pace or not.

well not many surpises on the weekend.I was hoping the blues would win but just missed out. It will be hard to play finals now but deep guys. Back on that Mil Hanna guy I see he got in the best again. That's 3 weeks in a row. He must be pushing for senior spot with his great form. Maybe he should have a few words to the coach or the 2's coach should be pushing for his selection this week.

well not many surpises on the weekend.I was hoping the blues would win but just missed out. It will be hard to play finals now but deep guys. Back on that Mil Hanna guy I see he got in the best again. That's 3 weeks in a row. He must be pushing for senior spot with his great form. Maybe he should have a few words to the coach or the 2's coach should be pushing for his selection this week.
Actually that's been four weeks in a row Reggie;) Interesting to see former Brock and Corryong premiership hero Mick Barlee pull the boots on for the Federal 2's at the weekend, looks like Mil's brother these days.:D:D:D

Actually that's been four weeks in a row Reggie;) Interesting to see former Brock and Corryong premiership hero Mick Barlee pull the boots on for the Federal 2's at the weekend, looks like Mil's brother these days.:D:D:D

Mick Barlee pulled on the boots for feds, whats the go there, just having a kick with a mate or will play every week?

Hows Adam Bloom been going for cudge? Is the half human/half animal finding 30 possies a game still?

well if it's four weeks you should be a shoe in for ones this week :p:p so good old Hymee is back playing. but why at Feds and not the Dees???? I thought that was outlawed to swap from Dees to feds or other way around? Just wondering why Haysey and Wheels did n't play for the Blues.They needed to win that one. A full side and they might have got over the line.:eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back