The Upper Murray Football League (Part2)

Remove this Banner Ad

a few clubs have started preseason this week including us so there must be some recruiting going on. couple of new faces at our first nite. corryong tarining twice a week in wodonga. still talk of cudgy being the big improvers. bit of a whisper J Faithful heading out there. discussions on the grand final venue will happen on monday night at the league meeting. lets hope they make a change. its the biggest game of the year it needs to be held at the best venue wherever that is.

Well it's been pretty quite on here.With most teams starting training by now I would have thought there would be some big signings?.
Bullioh are they playing this season? No word on who they have picked up yet or if they have lost anyone?
Can the Blues take that extra step and play in the GF?
How many clearance's will Corryong put in this season?
How will Tumba go under a new coach?
I have heard that Walwa have been working hard and should gain a few more players.
So has anyone got anything to add or will wait until the week before the season ??:D:D

Yes cudgie should do alrite this season around 3rd or 4th place but have lost some ressies players to corryong but we will cover that with the return of the SUPER WOG so i've been told.
Motzart has left the dog pound returning to Holbrook so the word is.
Got tumba's paper they started trainning two weeks ago got 18 players for their first run, 16 locals with 2 Albury based players.
The comp is staying 16 aside with 4 on the bench

BLUE BOYS 2011

Yes cudgie should do alrite this season around 3rd or 4th place but have lost some ressies players to corryong but we will cover that with the return of the SUPER WOG so i've been told.
Got tumba's paper they started trainning two weeks ago got 18 players for their first run, 16 locals with 2 Albury based players.

BLUE BOYS 2011

Hey Ref I was talking to the great man Super Wog and said he can't play until April but that's ok . That's when the league normally starts. With the 2nd's going to Corryong does that include the coach aswell?? Also what's the word on old silverback?? I heard he has hung the boots !!!!! :D:D:D

BLUE BOYS 2011

Hope he's talking 2012, he's 3inches shorter, 5mtrs slower, 10kg heavier ( 5kg of that is excess back hair ). Someone will have to piggyback him from the bench to the boundary line......:D:p:)

Well it's been pretty quite on here.With most teams starting training by now I would have thought there would be some big signings?.
Bullioh are they playing this season? No word on who they have picked up yet or if they have lost anyone?
Can the Blues take that extra step and play in the GF?
How many clearance's will Corryong put in this season?
From what we are hearing up here is by the sounds of it the Cudgy boys should be flag favorites, around 12 new senior players have signed on for 2011. Wonder how those blokes who have stuck with the club through the tough times are goin to feel playing in the 2's come round 1?:rolleyes:

From what we are hearing up here is by the sounds of it the Cudgy boys should be flag favorites, around 12 new senior players have signed on for 2011. Wonder how those blokes who have stuck with the club through the tough times are goin to feel playing in the 2's come round 1?:rolleyes:
so what u are saying demon is that clubs who have struggled for a while in the ones cant go out and recruit, if the players they have aint winning them games then what choice do they have and u will find that the blokes who do get pushed back will be probley happy to be playing still and pushing for 1st grade BUT there will be a good mix off locals as well as recruits.

so what u are saying demon is that clubs who have struggled for a while in the ones cant go out and recruit, if the players they have aint winning them games then what choice do they have and u will find that the blokes who do get pushed back will be probley happy to be playing still and pushing for 1st grade BUT there will be a good mix off locals as well as recruits.

He's just making note that alot of average 1's players will spend time in 2's with the introduction of new talent - always a good thing, keeps everyone on their toes. At the end of the day, if you're not good enough then bad luck. I don't think he was having a crack at cudge too much? Good on them if they can do it I spose.

Be good to see someone else go into season looking like a favorite, think the last time it was the blues was probably early 2000's???

Recruiting is always a balancing act up here. But the difference with the blues this year is that the blokes that have been making up the numbers for them have been doing it for the past 5 years. Hard to drop a regular local senior player thats been helping the club for that long. It happens at every club but if they arn't successful it can backfire in the long run. Good luck to them tho. It should be a pretty even comp this year. Former Feds player scott byatt coaching cudgewa 2's?

Recruiting is always a balancing act up here. But the difference with the blues this year is that the blokes that have been making up the numbers for them have been doing it for the past 5 years. Hard to drop a regular local senior player thats been helping the club for that long. It happens at every club but if they arn't successful it can backfire in the long run. Good luck to them tho. It should be a pretty even comp this year. Former Feds player scott byatt coaching cudgewa 2's?

Yeah their will always be some tension between the loyal guys who battle for a spot compared to the guy who comes in from out of town and steals their spot unfortunately. These days though, if you want success you need to recruit guns from outside the region, and fingers crossed you don't put too many noses out of joint.

damned if you do, damned if you dont. nothing more annoying than the old locals complaining bout young johnny up the rd not getting a run now because his team has actually got off there asses and recruited some decent players, to have a crack at bringing some success to the club. more often than not its the same person complaining about there side losing all the time, and not wanting to go and watch there team get bealted week in week out.

Bulioh apparently have bought in a few o&m players including the coaches brother from raiders. but also heard they've lost a few. Cudge had over 30 at training on thursday nite but heard they lost their biggest recruit after he trained once and said it wasnt for him. Not hearing alot from corryong or tumba tho.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi all UMFL followers,good to hear there,s movement in the recruitment area,all clubs that is except B/W,I believe they have picked up 2 players from Tumba,and that,s it,if its true ,thier recruitment man should try an link up with the new Gold Coast or Greater Western Sydney clubs,he would have every other club really worried.My ladder for 2011 is,Bullioh,Cudgie,Feds,Corryong,Tumba,B/W and thats only if they can field a team,8 players on average at training since they started,Pathetic.Thank god they play netball in the UMFL.

Bulioh apparently have bought in a few o&m players including the coaches brother from raiders. but also heard they've lost a few. Cudge had over 30 at training on thursday nite but heard they lost their biggest recruit after he trained once and said it wasnt for him. Not hearing alot from corryong or tumba tho.

So Cudgey are up and running.Who's the recruit Old Kenny??? Alot people don't realsie how much travel is involved in the upper murray. So Border Magpies aren't doing so well at this stage ??? So what's going on in Corryong Demon?? Are your recruits gunna play more then 3 games this season?? :D Bullioh could be the sleeping giants again.I have heard that Bradsworth has gone back after a year at Barny.

So Cudgey are up and running.Who's the recruit Old Kenny??? Alot people don't realsie how much travel is involved in the upper murray. So Border Magpies aren't doing so well at this stage ??? So what's going on in Corryong Demon?? Are your recruits gunna play more then 3 games this season?? :D Bullioh could be the sleeping giants again.I have heard that Bradsworth has gone back after a year at Barny.
Our boys have been training for around a month up here, Tallangatta and down in Wodonga. I hear numbers have been strong with a few Cudgy boys coming across and few other players from other leagues signing on. I don't think we have lost anyone from last year. I think by Round one we should have a fairly handy side run out on the paddock at Cudgy.:footy: I would imagine Bullioh should be therabouts with Cudgy this year with maybe Tumba the big improvers with Molky as coach.:thumbsu:

Our boys have been training for around a month up here, Tallangatta and down in Wodonga. I hear numbers have been strong with a few Cudgy boys coming across and few other players from other leagues signing on. I don't think we have lost anyone from last year. I think by Round one we should have a fairly handy side run out on the paddock at Cudgy.:footy: I would imagine Bullioh should be therabouts with Cudgy this year with maybe Tumba the big improvers with Molky as coach.:thumbsu:

Hey Ref have had a look at clearences and see that last years 2's coach is off to corryong.What's the story behind that one? He's be a blue for a very long time. Are these guys disgruntled or just playing with mates?

Demon 85 I see that a certain bandit has signed with you guys.How will he go up there?

Gee Border Magpies have been really quiet maybe woooden spoon this year?? Depending how much Corryong can improve.

Also Feds should a bit a spare cash since Cohen has gone back to wodonga.They are the forgotten team at this stage.Runners up last year ....where will they end up this year.

Voigt from Beechworth ?? I see his clearance was knocked back.

Just checked out the league clearances, looks like Cudgy and Corryong are the big movers at the moment. Does anyone know how these guys go? Voight has gone up there with big wraps, is he worth all the hype?:confused:

dan mcinness to corowa rutheglen so the story goes. dont know how blues or dees recruits go gastev. corryong will need at least 4 good players to climb the ladder.

Yeah interesting one with Mcinness leaving - can never knock a bloke for going to play better footy but not good for demons in their time of need. Need at least 4 players to be competitive, 6 good players to be in contention come finals.

Federals will be thereabouts again - could get ash coysh back after stints at tallangatta and barny, very handy pickup and will be in their top few players.

corryong demons of 01,02,03 flags, V the recent bullioh side? thoughts boys? my tip would be the demons. was pretty young when they were a power house although from memory i think the standard of the upper murray was a bit better back then aswell.

Yeah interesting one with Mcinness leaving - can never knock a bloke for going to play better footy but not good for demons in their time of need. Need at least 4 players to be competitive, 6 good players to be in contention come finals.

Federals will be thereabouts again - could get ash coysh back after stints at tallangatta and barny, very handy pickup and will be in their top few players.

With McInness just wondering why he went to Corowa?? I would have thought Myrtleford would have been closer for him.That will leave big hole to fill.
I see that Simon Kenny has put in a clearance to Tumba. Just wondering if he's gunna be a assistant coach.???
Have heard that Walwa are slowly picking up a few but not to sure on ability of these guys.The season ain't that far away .

Good see Tangers having another crack at the O and M, i'm sure we'll see him in Demon colours again before he retires. Disappointing to lose him for this season though as it sounds like we are a big show at finals. The boys have signed around 6 so far and from what i've heard recently we aren't far off getting some really handy Hume and Tallangatta league players.

P.S.
Does Bullioh gag their players from being members on this site?:p Would love to hear some news from whats going on down there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back