Status
Not open for further replies.

The Toecutter

All Australian
Feb 25, 2007
wodonga
AFL Club
Essendon
Heard a few rumours doin the rounds up there, Federals have former wodonga bulldogs vin glass and keith ainsworth playing under nev nugent, adrian whitehead is playing for either federals or corryong. Tumbarumba have got back max duncan as coach dont have much idea about cudgewa or border-walwa at this stage. Does anyone know any other goss?

Hasnt been a great deal of action, going by the transfer list on The Upper Murray website. But there has been a player exodus at Federal, apparently something like 12 or 13 from their premiership side, so they wont be a class above this season. A fair few have gone to Tallangatta and others either else where or for other various reasons. It will be a fairly even competition this season, i think Bullioh and Corryong will be around the mark, both have picked up a couple.

Does anyone have the lowdown on Clint Tolkin kicked 100 for Corryong last year did a hammy last game apparently did all the fitness work and was available for the g/f but wasnt selected?Seems strange from the outside so there must be more to it;does anyone know?

Have heard Cudgewa have picked up a couple. 1 or 2 returned players and a few new faces from melbourne and wagga. A few hand inclusions could see them be amongst the action in 07

Have heard cudgewa have appointed former tallangatta and mitta coach mark mcsweeney as non-playing coach for the upcoming season and is talking to a couple of top liners still available on the market. Tumbarumba might be the big improvers though with them having signed a couple of players from the farrar league and having no notable departures. Rumour is that Tolkin might be lining up for walla this season haven't heard much about the other clubs so far.

Do any of you blokes know the answer to the Following questions ?

What year did Federal win the flag after being winless during the H&A ?

How many tons did Daryl Jordan kick for Federals ?

What is the most goals in a game record ?
What is the most gols for the season record?

Cudgy has signed former Seville best and fairest midfielder Brad Milbourne and former Rivcoll backman Geordie Graham with only a couple of average ones to beechworth. Heard rumours they are paying a couple of travellers up from Seville also. Bullioh look to be the team to beat, apparently they have been training up to 3 hours a night a source close to club has told me. Does anyone know if any clubs are playing practice matches this year?:thumbsu:

Cudgy has signed former Seville best and fairest midfielder Brad Milbourne and former Rivcoll backman Geordie Graham with only a couple of average ones to beechworth. Heard rumours they are paying a couple of travellers up from Seville also. Bullioh look to be the team to beat, apparently they have been training up to 3 hours a night a source close to club has told me. Does anyone know if any clubs are playing practice matches this year?:thumbsu:

Geordie Graham hasn't played for a few years and reckons he needs a bit of conditioning. Has been doing it hard at training though. How does he go??

Surely its about time we found out if FEDERAL$ have poached half of the Tallangatta leagues elite with their open check book policy:confused:

Geordie Graham hasn't played for a few years and reckons he needs a bit of conditioning. Has been doing it hard at training though. How does he go??

A mate at cudgy said he has lost a few KG's and is moving well. Could be the key defender Cudgy have been looking for. If only he could teach ex coach Michael King his weight loss techniques, saw him walking his dog the other night and he looks to have ballooned a bit over the off season.

How do the boys heading to the TDFL go. The Majority of them going to Tallangatta following Mathey

With 20+ clearances put in i cant see all of them getting a game. Some will be back im sure, i really dont know the quality of the departures. Ash Coysh handy backman, Mick Mathey coming back from knee reco, didnt play last year. Bondy is a young player with plenty of talent, hope he gets given a go. A couple are former TDFL players returning to the comp are handy at best

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With 20+ clearances put in i cant see all of them getting a game.

Speaking of clearances to and from tallangatta. A very good source tells me that Matt Kinross was VERY VERY close to signing with an UMFL club but was coaxed to stay with Tallangatta with a token assistant coaches role

How is Corryong looking? Heard big Kaneo has dragged Jerrim Hayes and a couple from Jindera. Should shape up ok you would think.

Word is they have been looking ok pre season, however my corryong sources are not the greatest and have proven to be unreliable in the past. A couple of their leading players look to have been in a lush paddock in the off season and could do with some serious conditioning before the season starts.

Does anyone out there know how border-walwa are fairing pre-season? I see they started training last week but dont know if they have any notable recruits. Was told by an ex-player they were struggling to get a reserves side and were happy to pay 2's players from albury/wodonga to get a team on the park

Heard bullioh had signed Chris Hales from Mitta United!! Very handy in the mitta seconds and got the odd senoir game for them!!!awesome around goals should b a good pick up if this is true!!!would of played senoirs if he had of stayed at mitta this year

Dont know alot about Hales but speaking of Bullioh where is Scott Golley playing this year? He was linked to the Cudgewa coaching job in the off season but couldn't do it due to work committments. A close contact at Bullioh told me he was not returning there

Does anyone have the lowdown on Clint Tolkin kicked 100 for Corryong last year did a hammy last game apparently did all the fitness work and was available for the g/f but wasnt selected?Seems strange from the outside so there must be more to it;does anyone know?

Played for Federals. apparently trained both tuesday and thursday Grand Final week and got through both sessions and passed all fitness tests, but they still didnt think he was right. you would think he would of been worth playing considering he kicked 100 odd for them

Latest: Rat Williams going from tumba to barny, Tommy Kite back to Cudge for farewell season and Scuba McCabe getting a haircut and getting back to his Wodonga Saints form! If only he was as good as his 16 y.o. brother, cudge could go places. Dave Thompson on a fitness kick, dropped 20kg, looks a certainty to be playing 1's at bullioh this season.

Latest: Rat Williams going from tumba to barny, Tommy Kite back to Cudge for farewell season and Scuba McCabe getting a haircut and getting back to his Wodonga Saints form! If only he was as good as his 16 y.o. brother, cudge could go places. Dave Thompson on a fitness kick, dropped 20kg, looks a certainty to be playing 1's at bullioh this season.
Adrian 'Rat' Williams would be a big loss to the tumba side however the club is of the opinion they have enough recruits to cover his loss although no clearance has been lodged as for big Thomo i've seen him devour a whole large popcorn at the movies the other night!:):):) TK is returning apparently with a couple of potential albury recruits.

Whos coaching in the UMFL this year. I youst to play up their but have been havin a bit of a holiday the past cupple of years and lost touch with some of my mates since that stint.
I hope the Walwa boys are firin.Grate times were had by me in those days.

Adrian 'Rat' Williams would be a big loss to the tumba side however the club is of the opinion they have enough recruits to cover his loss although no clearance has been lodged as for big Thomo i've seen him devour a whole large popcorn at the movies the other night!:):):) TK is returning apparently with a couple of potential albury recruits.
After reeding some of thees threds I remember sum of the names.Rat is an old mate of mine and I no Tim Kite but I dont think he likes me.He always seems to look at me funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back