Discussion The West Coast Eagles Guernsey Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Could still be KooGa. The Dogs guernseys are still branded as KooGa, despite almost every other item of clothing/luggage being BLK branded.

I hope more go to BLK/KooGa, I definitely prefer that template, along with ISC guernseys in general. Not a fan of Puma's latest guernseys.

Could still be KooGa. The Dogs guernseys are still branded as KooGa, despite almost every other item of clothing/luggage being BLK branded.

I hope more go to BLK/KooGa, I definitely prefer that template, along with ISC guernseys in general. Not a fan of Puma's latest guernseys.
From November 2013, as part of the WRS Groups international expansion strategy, the KooGa Australia brand will transition to BLK. KooGa Australia will remain within the WRS Group of brands and as such you will continue to see the KooGa brand in 2014 with the Western Bulldogs and all eight Big Bash Cricket teams proudly performing in KooGa apparel. This is the last of them. From next year its BLK.

**** Puma off? Get them to print yellow bits over the sidepanels?
I don't know if the material that the side panels are made of are able to be printed on. All the jumpers only have one colour on the side panels.

West Coast could go to KooGa

So either Puma finds a way to print on the side panels, or loses them or West Coast has to change companies. That may be harder to do than just saying it. Puma stays with clubs for a long time, they were over 30 years at Hawthorn.

From November 2013, as part of the WRS Groups international expansion strategy, the KooGa Australia brand will transition to BLK. KooGa Australia will remain within the WRS Group of brands and as such you will continue to see the KooGa brand in 2014 with the Western Bulldogs and all eight Big Bash Cricket teams proudly performing in KooGa apparel. This is the last of them. From next year its BLK.
To my knowledge, the Dogs have another two years of KooGa branding after 2014, but that might've/may yet change.

It already transitioned to BLK for Brisbane and Richmond, among other clubs, as of 11 November 2013, it did not for the Dogs. It was indicated by the club that 'KooGa' will remain part of our guernsey branding for an additional 3 years from the end of 2013.

I don't even understand why we have side panels, our jumpers look no tighter than teams without them (Geelong, Hawks as well I think).
It does shape the guernsey, but it seems unnecessary. So many clubs do without them, and others have adopted them and ditched them later on.

Seems particularly unnecessary when it compromises the guernsey design - breaking up Adelaide's hoops, West Coast's wings, etc. Can they not print on the side panels?

Would rather we went to Nike, Adidas or Under Armour.
I don't like KooGa/BLK. Would much rather have a top-line supplier like Nike, Adidas or Under Armour, like BW said.
Yeah fair enough, I just thought of the closest manufacturer that don't use side panels. Nike however, I could see that being a major issue, unless they dumped the side panels.

Puma stays with clubs for a long time, they were over 30 years at Hawthorn.
How'd that work out for them?

"nedes moar panels"

"want moar strechy"

"giv new kollar"

"ahh much beta, we now gud at manewfaktur"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adidas or isc for me. The material the side panels are made of is different to the rest of the guernsey, obviously, otherwise they wouldn't be there. But there are little holes all through the panel material, almost like a basketball jersey style. Still don't see why it can't be printed over or be more than one colour though.

I don't really like ISC jumpers, the look extremely tight on the players. PUMA jumpers look absolutely horrible with the side panel though, cuts the wing :(

Would be happy with ADIDAS if we changed manufacturer, a new jumper manufacturer could even perhaps prompt the club to redesign (or reinstate) a new set of jumpers?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back