Discussion The West Coast Eagles Guernsey Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So the name guernsey, which was the AFL's bloody idea, and every team had to do, is counted as one of the one off's!! Plus then the indigenous guernsey, which Stocks himself said the AFL encouraged all teams to do, is the other one:confused: That's bullshit! Imagine if we said, nah we aren't going to do the indigenous round guernsey, there would eddie mcguire finger pointing all over the place. That is f**ked that our 2 one offs are basically forced by the AFL. F**K this s**t, we better get the bloody wings next year!!

Blame the club, we've seen a bunch of times that the jumper rules aren't as strict as they're made out to be. The club saw that the wings have a pretty big following yet they didn't request to wear the peril for dig deep or even a 94 anniversary jumper.

I'm more upset this potentially means no 20 year 1994 Jumper.

The Eagles confirmed on Twitter several weeks ago that they were not releasing a 1994 premiership anniversary jumper. I guess we all get to save a bit of money this year.

I do hope that the Cancer Council is still able to get some really good coin, but I'll be sticking with the pin and wristband this year.

Last edited:

Only allowed two?!?! I've had it up to here with your "rules"!

tumblr_m232w0a3hn1qzbo9ao1_500.png

Blame the club, we've seen a bunch of times that the jumper rules aren't as strict as they're made out to be. The club saw that the wings have a pretty big following yet they didn't request to wear the peril for dig deep or even a 94 anniversary jumper.

I do blame the club, fully. They could have asily got around the 2 one off guernsey's rule, as it's obvious other teams have done this year. Freo had a one off last week, that's 3 for the year for them, brisbane had a hall of fame one, can't think of any more, I'm sure there were a few though. Haydos, you ought to reply to that response they gave you and ask how the other teams got away with it, and how the AFL enforced guernsey's count as our 2!!

Teams that have worn more than 2 event jumpers:

Adelaide - 3
Brisbane - 4
Carlton - 4
Collingwood - 3
Essendon - 3
Freo - 3
Melbourne - 4
Port - 3
Richmond - 3
Saints - 3

They're full of s**t and treat us like idiots.

So why are Adelaide allowed 3 (indigenous, name, AO)?
Why are Brisbane allowed 4 (indigenous, name, ANZAC, Bears)?
Why are Carlton allowed 4 (indigenous, name, members appreciation, 150 years)?
Why are Fremantle allowed 3 (indigenous, name, members)?
Why are Melbourne allowed 3 (indigenous, name, women's round)?
Why are Port allowed 3 (indigenous, name, '04 Premiership)?
Why are Richmond allowed 3 (indigenous, name, Alannah and Madeline foundation)?
Why are St Kilda allowed 3 (indigenous, name, ANZAC)?

Edit: E92 beat me to it

So the name guernsey, which was the AFL's bloody idea, and every team had to do, is counted as one of the one off's!! Plus then the indigenous guernsey, which Stocks himself said the AFL encouraged all teams to do, is the other one:confused: That's bullshit! Imagine if we said, nah we aren't going to do the indigenous round guernsey, there would eddie mcguire finger pointing all over the place. That is f**ked that our 2 one offs are basically forced by the AFL. F**K this s**t, we better get the bloody wings next year!!
Yep the Eagles never take any risks.Always the safest option

"Unfortunately we are only permitted to have two event guernseys per year (as per the AFL rules) which we have already covered off with the name and Indigenous guernseys. Apologies for any inconvenience."

The club is treating its supporters with contempt with a response like that, which is so clearly not true. I suggest replying and telling them so. Also, attach a picture of someone shaking their fist.

Attachments

• upload_2014-7-17_16-7-12.jpeg
    upload_2014-7-17_16-7-12.jpeg
    3.6 KB · Views: 11
It is disappointing to hear no dig deep. I wonder if the club even enquired to the AFL about it or just assumed they couldn't in regards to policy.

Its become a tradition over the past two seasons, i'm sure the AFL would have considered it?

The club can now at least auction the set of regular home jumpers on the day, would still raise some good funds, along with the proposed boots auction.

Considering no dirty jumper program this season (another disappointment), they might as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another cockamamie excuse from the competition's richest frauds.

It seems like Carlton have worn something different each week, not to mention the variety of Adelaide and Port jumpers that have been worn. We've obviously had the Indigenous/Name promotions already and I'd expect there's a members (I think you call them sugar daddy jumpers or something) one later in the year.

Of all the clubs to completely disregard their fans when it comes to footy jumpers, I can't believe it's West Coast.

Another cockamamie excuse from the competition's richest frauds.

It seems like Carlton have worn something different each week, not to mention the variety of Adelaide and Port jumpers that have been worn. We've obviously had the Indigenous/Name promotions already and I'd expect there's a members (I think you call them sugar daddy jumpers or something) one later in the year.

Of all the clubs to completely disregard their fans when it comes to footy jumpers, I can't believe it's West Coast.

I swear it's like they have read all we have said, nodded their heads, and then just given us the finger and done the complete opposite, and laughed at us all:(

How glorious did it look in the sunshine. So glad the Eagles are keeping up the royal shorts for these little one-offs.

It even made the Gold Coast getup look good, a fantastic contrast with the common colour in gold. Not often is comment made on collective kits outside of a clash issue, but this was just a bloody good looking game - basically the polar opposite of WC/Richmond two years ago.
The pairing of socks with the gold foldovers epitomised this, I had a moment.

There's very little need to ever wear white shorts away, unless it's against the Bulldogs or North. Carlton at a stretch.
Look at vision of the 1991 GF against Hawthorn, or the 2006 prelim final against Adelaide. Blue shorts work fine.

There's very little need to ever wear white shorts away, unless it's against the Bulldogs or North. Carlton at a stretch.
Look at vision of the 1991 GF against Hawthorn, or the 2006 prelim final against Adelaide. Blue shorts work fine.
In fact, last time we played North away, in 2013, it was full royal. North wore white!

All the retail jumpers are now 2 for $110.

Should indicate a change in jumper for 2015?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back