Discussion The West Coast Eagles Guernsey Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The colour on Judd's jumper there is a lot brighter. Not sure if it's just because Embley'd been rolling around in puddles, but the yellow of the wing looks brighter than the other two.

I've watched the 2006 QF a few times now and have noticed Michael Braun was wearing SGIO home shorts and everyone else was wearing HJs home shorts.

SGIO royal shorts were our away shorts, because the guernseys had the same sponsor on front & back, the shorts had the alternate sponsor. So away games in full royal, was sgio, home games in full royal, were HJ's shorts, bloody confusing, so I guess it would be easy to mix up the kits for the players.

So I was looking through the pics of Juddy on the WC site, and came across this one, very strange.
View attachment 142231

Weird because Judd is wearing a home wings with SGIO on the front, & Chick has an away wings with HJ's on the front:confused::confused: White shorts with SGIO on them suggests it's an away game, so what's Juddy doing wearing SGIO wings?

Only thing I can think is, we didn't put HJ's on the away until 04, so maybe it's a game in 04, and Judd is wearing an 03, but it's still strange to have 2 different guernseys worn in the same game!

I know we mixed and matched guernseys a bit from player to player in those days, but surely they all at least wore ones with matching sponsors????

I remember after the game The West published this photo and I cut it out because of Juddy's aberrant logo. I can't find the clipping now, but it was definitely this picture.

60986.jpg

Interestingly, some players in the match were wearing 2004 guernseys and some 2005. For example, Embley, Judd, Chick and Lynch are all wearing 2004 guernseys (thinner collar, back hem is straight) whereas the 2005 guernseys had thicker collar and a curved back hem.

Here's Cousins, Wirrpanda and Adkins in the same match wearing 2005 versions.

60994.jpg
60998.jpg
60997.jpg

Last edited:
http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2015-07-16/digging-deep-in-2015

So the dig deep game is coming up. Another missed opportunity to bring out a yellow wings guernsey for the occasion, would have worked perfectly. Not only have they failed to do that, they have again not bothered to make any changes to the normal guernsey, same as last year.

Last year they auctioned the boots, this year, there's no word about auctioning boots or guernseys, seems like the club are getting lazier with this sort of stuff.

Bit of a strange one. You reckon it's fake? It has the right things, as far as player issue traits from that era but it's a bit all over the place as far a stitching and positioning. You reckon someone would go to all the effort to make a fake??

Just realised it has no hungry jacks on the back so can't be from 94. Maybe a 92 or 93 that someone's put the 94 badge on??

That's a real possibility. You can see the stitching mark of the AFL logo.

That is an obvious knock off. Not even close. I dont recall Pyke wearing long sleeves in the GF either

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It just doesn't look right. The eagle head appears to be a bit off, and the gap between the wings on the back is too narrow.

Last edited:
Haydos mentioned the wings in the back being too close together. Did the spacing change in 94 when back sponsors came in??

If it did, it was only minor. In any case, the spacing is definitely too narrow. Just one of the few things that immediately pop out as 'not quite right'.

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but why oh why is there a white stroke on the beak of the Eagle head on the home jumper?

image.jpg

It's unnecessary and it drives me nuts!

394896.jpg

Noticed this on the TV, Rosa's guernsey tonight had a yellow bit above the Puma logo, everyone else has a white bit

Remove this Banner Ad

Back