"Tiger Time" the 2017 premiership on canvas

Remove this Banner Ad

TigerDD

Rookie
Sep 11, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
Apologies in advance to the mods if theses in the wrong place. Please feel free to delete, move or ask me to do so.

I have been working on this painting for more than 2 years. Mostly behind the scenes, designing in that time. I started painting it full time about a month ago and I have about 2 weeks work left on it. Thought it was time to share on here! It is 2m x 750mm, painted with acrylic on canvas. I picked a moment from the game for each player, with the intention that all together it tells a story of the actual game. I chose to have the players not celebrating the win or goal, but actually playing so when you view it you're taken back to how you felt while watching the game. It was by far my favourite footy memory, it was an obvious choice for me to paint.

Thanks for looking, if you'd like to see more, please follow my socials as I update daily while finishing this painting off.

Cheers
Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/damiendarroch.art
Instagram https://www.instagram.com/damiendarroch_artist/
Read_2017_Pics_For_Timelapse.jpg

Incredible. Looking forward to seeing the finished piece.

I enjoy that much like the day of the grand final, the crows appear to be fading out of existence.
Thank you. I like that analogy too. The faded players really came about to avoid over crowding an already very canvas. The oppo needed to be in there when part of the play, but the tigers are the focus. I think it’s worked out well, so thank you

Absolutely brilliant labour of love. I hope the club find a place for it or perhaps a charity auction ? Do you have plans to sell it ? You deserve to be rewarded for your time and effort. It would look amazing in a new RFC museum. Great job.

Absolutely brilliant labour of love. I hope the club find a place for it or perhaps a charity auction ? Do you have plans to sell it ? You deserve to be rewarded for your time and effort. It would look amazing in a new RFC museum. Great job.
Very kind words mate. Thank you. I do hope to sell the original, however I am concentrating on selling limited edition canvas reproductions at both full size (2m) and 2/5th size (1.2m). I’m also selling high quality open edition ArtRag (paper) prints at 1m width. I am very hopeful of capturing the clubs attention in some form with this one. Thanks again 😊

Very kind words mate. Thank you. I do hope to sell the original, however I am concentrating on selling limited edition canvas reproductions at both full size (2m) and 2/5th size (1.2m). I’m also selling high quality open edition ArtRag (paper) prints at 1m width. I am very hopeful of capturing the clubs attention in some form with this one. Thanks again 😊
Bloody amazing! I'm interested in a paper print as a minimum!

Top work mate.

Bloody amazing! I'm interested in a paper print as a minimum!

Top work mate.
Thank you mate. I have all prints ready for pre order now. The paper prints are discounted until 30th of November at 215 (usually 255) plus 40 postage and insurance. Prints to be delivered before Christmas. I am also offering payment plans for orders of the limited edition canvases if ordered by 30th of November. Cheers

Art Rag paper prints $215

Full size exact (2m x 750mm) canvas reproduction - Limited edition to 22
995, with payment plan as follows - deposit 350, 160, 160, 160 & 165 over 4 months

Large canvas replica (1.2m x 450mm) canvas reproduction - Limited Edition to 22
595, with payment plan as follows - deposit 200, 100, 100, 100, 95 over 4 months

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thank you mate. I have all prints ready for pre order now. The paper prints are discounted until 30th of November at 215 (usually 255) plus 40 postage and insurance. Prints to be delivered before Christmas. I am also offering payment plans for orders of the limited edition canvases if ordered by 30th of November. Cheers

Art Rag paper prints $215

Full size exact (2m x 750mm) canvas reproduction - Limited edition to 22
995, with payment plan as follows - deposit 350, 160, 160, 160 & 165 over 4 months

Large canvas replica (1.2m x 450mm) canvas reproduction - Limited Edition to 22
595, with payment plan as follows - deposit 200, 100, 100, 100, 95 over 4 months
Thanks. I'll have a look!

images

Thanks for all the comments and likes guys. Here's the finished artwork :)

View attachment 1556877

Mate this is incredible. Fantastic work. I notice you have some other projects in the background - any chance you can give a sneak peek of those as well?

Mate this is incredible. Fantastic work. I notice you have some other projects in the background - any chance you can give a sneak peek of those as well?
Thanks mate. Of course! They are all previous artworks I’ve done. Cotchin’s leap- Cotchin’s 2019 GF goal celebration.
Backing Jack. Jacks big mark against the crows in Sydney
The icing 2.0 Dusty’s 4th goal in the 2020 GF. The sending time I’ve painted that scene. They are all in my website with a few others 😊

Apologies in advance to the mods if theses in the wrong place. Please feel free to delete, move or ask me to do so.

I have been working on this painting for more than 2 years. Mostly behind the scenes, designing in that time. I started painting it full time about a month ago and I have about 2 weeks work left on it. Thought it was time to share on here! It is 2m x 750mm, painted with acrylic on canvas. I picked a moment from the game for each player, with the intention that all together it tells a story of the actual game. I chose to have the players not celebrating the win or goal, but actually playing so when you view it you're taken back to how you felt while watching the game. It was by far my favourite footy memory, it was an obvious choice for me to paint.

Thanks for looking, if you'd like to see more, please follow my socials as I update daily while finishing this painting off.

Cheers
Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/damiendarroch.art
Instagram https://www.instagram.com/damiendarroch_artist/
View attachment 1550306
Looks sensational 👌 can't wait to see the finished painting
Awesome job

Remove this Banner Ad

Back