Senior Tim Membrey

Remove this Banner Ad

Is he the one that was taken at the pick we downgraded for Hickey?
Nah was pick 46.

Pick 46 was actually given to us via the Hickey trade so it's a yes.

Hickey trade was 13, 36 & 55 for Hickey, 25 & 46 (which was on traded to Sydney for TDL - who picked up Membrey).

Those picks were as follows:

13 - Jesse Lonergan
36 - Tanner Smith
55 - Timmy Sumner

For...

Tom Hickey
25 - Spencer White
46 - Tim Membrey

Due to St Kilda rewriting history and getting Membrey for nothing - the Hyphen trade never occurred and this is how the trade for BJs compensation pick went down. Still early, but it's looking promising!

Hickey trade was 13, 36 & 55 for Hickey, 25 & 46 (which was on traded to Sydney for TDL - who picked up Membrey).

13 - Jesse Lonergan
36 - Tanner Smith
55 - Timmy Sumner

For...

Tom Hickey
25 - Spencer White
46 - Tim Membrey

Due to St Kilda rewriting history and getting Membrey for nothing - the Hyphen trade never occurred and this is how the trade for BJs compensation pick went down. Still early, but it's looking promising!
Delicious

13 - Jesse Lonergan
36 - Tanner Smith
55 - Timmy Sumner

For...

Tom Hickey
25 - Spencer White
46 - Tim Membrey

I always forget about TDL. Damn that was a waste.

I feel like we are a P plater who just flipped his old junk Commodore for as much as he bought it 3 years on.

On the flip side a loose energy drink cost us Saad and Milera got homesick...

Need Seb Ross to out perform young Crozier to justify trading pick 20 for pick 25!

Welcome to the club Tim. I remember people hoping we would grab him with one of the picks we used on Wright and White. He is a great talent and a beast of a player, just doesnt really have a position at AFL level if he cant play bursts in the midfield.

Thankfully Richo has already addressed this as a point of development.

Imagine a rotation of Dunstan, Membrey, Murdoch and Petracca from the centre to the flank to the forward pocket. Talk about beast mode!!!

Just need Sebby Ross to make a stand and we will have a monster inside unit backing up Armo and Steven :)

13 - Jesse Lonergan
36 - Tanner Smith
55 - Timmy Sumner

For...

Tom Hickey
25 - Spencer White
46 - Tim Membrey

so what you're saying that Pelch and Bains got into the DeLorean and went back in time and changed the future?

Seriously though this couldnt have worked better.

Instead of getting a year under Watters (who thought we could play finals until mid 2013) and a year under Richo (who rotated players in and out of the side all year to assess the talent) Timmy gets to come onto the list after 2 years at the Swans.

2 years learning from guys like ROK, Bolton and Goodes. 2 years of stability and a top four work ethic. 2 years of smashing the NEAFL apart to build his confidence.

Now he walks in with those two years behind him, knowing the coach is after him specifically. Knowing we have a long term development plan for him to fit into our best 22 through the rebuild and back into the premiership window.

People might hate his tatts but he is the sort of kid that is going to use all these positive aspects and say to the other youngsters in the group "Stick with me, Quadzilla and the big bastard in number 7 and lets go win a flag!"

Last edited:
Gotta wonder why Sydney just didn't do the trade for a junk pick and get this over with weeks ago.
Ameet Bains said at the completion of trade week that Sydney would be happy to do a trade if we could arrange a better pick than what they had currently. (They only had 1 live pick at 58 before eventually getting 38 for Shane Biggs.)
This was the scenario that Bains said would be able to happen if we were going to need our PSD #1 pick to aquire Sam Frost if he agreed to come to us. Then Bains said we would absolutely take Membrey at 1 in PSD........
So has the plan changed again?

Ameet Bains said at the completion of trade week that Sydney would be happy to do a trade if we could arrange a better pick than what they had currently. (They only had 1 live pick at 58 before eventually getting 38 for Shane Biggs.)
This was the scenario that Bains said would be able to happen if we were going to need our PSD #1 pick to aquire Sam Frost if he agreed to come to us. Then Bains said we would absolutely take Membrey at 1 in PSD........
So has the plan changed again?
We got him as a DFA so he could start training with us ASAP otherwise in the PSD he would've had to wait until December.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know. I am just explaining the fact that a trade was a possibility if it was NEEDED to happen.
I'm not with you..Apologies

If Frost was going into the pre-season draft we were going to get Membrey as a delisted free agent. A trade was never happening unless we had a decent pick for Sydney.

No idea why they didn't just trade him for a token pick considering he was going for free anyway as a DFA or PSD.

I'm not with you..Apologies

If Frost was going into the pre-season draft we were going to get Membrey as a delisted free agent. A trade was never happening unless we had a decent pick for Sydney.

No idea why they didn't just trade him for a token pick considering he was going for free anyway as a DFA or PSD.
Ok. So from Ameet Bains interview on TWR when leaving trade week HQ, I paraphrase.
Commentator: So a trade couldn't be struck for Tim Membrey in the end?
Bains: There was an agreement with Swans that if we could manage to get in a pick to upgrade their pick 58 a bit higher then we would trade. This is an option that we considered trying to do to IF Frost was going to be agreeable to come to us in the PSD. Frost went to Dees, so no trade happened and we will just take Tim Membrey in PSD now.
This any clearer?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back