Tim Paine caught in sexting scandal, resigns as Test Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you really think we are going to not pick players simply because they had extramarital affairs? Good luck fielding a team then.
Exactly. Blokes/partners who live together maybe 3 or 4 months of the year.....yeah, can't see affairs happening at all (either side)

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

CA were hoping to keep it quiet... as they have done with many other issues back under Sutherland.

The question is why it's come out now after 4 years? Was seeking money to stay quiet now Paine is worth much more than he was 4 years ago.
I actually think you are close.

But its CA doing the shove to Paine here IMO.

Its been fed to the new CEO who has seen a opportunity to clean house and has taken it.

Expect in the next couple of days a pr puff piece from CA CEO attempting to whitewash this to make the Paine go away.

Expect in the next couple of days a pr puff piece from CA CEO attempting to whitewash this to make the Paine go away.
Hopefully that also includes getting rid of the literally "Paine" out of the team for good and bringing in Carey/Inglis to become wicket-keeper now.

I actually think you are close.

But its CA doing the shove to Paine here IMO.

Its been fed to the new CEO who has seen a opportunity to clean house and has taken it.

Agreed.

This must have been planned for a while, because why else would we have picked 3 keepers in the squad...

Confirmation of consent is definitely required, I’d have thought ‘not making someone feel uncomfortable and unsafe’ comes before ‘dampening the mood.’

The high level of sexual assault that isn’t prosecuted is well known and well researched.

Victoria are introducing laws that state that it has to be proven that consent was sought in

it’s such a simple thing.
Yes, blokes will have to phone the pub ahead of time and get the all-clear before having the first few pots? If the other party is a colleague and is known to him, he will require to get 2 things straight right from the get-go. Example: One, we have had two pleasant conversations in the past couple of weeks, and exchanged several flirtatious "text" messages, leading me to believe you were interested in the topic of my romance hammer. Secondly, scientists agree that nothing is more attractive to a woman than the sight of a man's love muscle, aside from perhaps charm, money, broad shoulders, motorcycles, a sense of humor and more money. These days, any person with a smartphone and the resolve to shove said phone down his chinos can fire his hammer of Thor halfway across the planet on a sine wave of physics and hobgoblins. The only real problem is what the legality of it all will be... Consent is sticky and confusing not just because sex itself can be sticky and confusing. The whole thing is a most unfortunate circumstance.

Think you got it in the last paragraph.

If it’s not what anyone wants in an Australian cricket captain then (irrespective of when it was made public) why the **** has he been captain all this time.

The incident and Paine today is the hot topic but CA here is the far bigger story.
Again. Optics. Could you imagine the scenes when newly appointed “good guy” Tim Paine gets raked over the coals straight after sandpaper gate before being found not guilty. The damage would have been immense and its a long way back from 2 captains being sacked within months of each other. I’m not saying I condone CA sweeping it under the rug out of the public eye, but surely you can see why someone would have chosen to handle it this way.

He was about 3 months away from it being a post career scandal, which is never as bad. Everyone has a look, gee he’s a bit of a dickhead, and moves on with their lives. This timing lends itself to all sorts of coverage and wild theories from people not involved, when the people who are involved have put it well behind them.

Embarrassing situation for him. Undermines the whole integrity reset his captaincy was supposed to be about. He should have bowed out after the India home series loss anyway. Go out with some dignity than this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Better now than a media frenzy that takes out your captain during the Ashes!

I have no interest in the private lives of players, only care what happens on field. Inglis in for Paine would make Australia better.

I don't care about their private lives either
Yes, blokes will have to phone the pub ahead of time and get the all-clear before having the first few pots? If the other party is a colleague and is known to him, he will require to get 2 things straight right from the get-go. Example: One, we have had two pleasant conversations in the past couple of weeks, and exchanged several flirtatious "text" messages, leading me to believe you were interested in the topic of my romance hammer. Secondly, scientists agree that nothing is more attractive to a woman than the sight of a man's love muscle, aside from perhaps charm, money, broad shoulders, motorcycles, a sense of humor and more money. These days, any person with a smartphone and the resolve to shove said phone down his chinos can fire his hammer of Thor halfway across the planet on a sine wave of physics and hobgoblins. The only real problem is what the legality of it all will be... Consent is sticky and confusing not just because sex itself can be sticky and confusing. The whole thing is a most unfortunate circumstance.

Are all those synonyms in the Urban Dictionary?

If we're including Australia A as "the squad" having 3 keepers in a 26 man squad is not an entirely an unusual situation.

We only picked one in the official 15 man squad.

If we're including Australia A as "the squad" having 3 keepers in a 26 man squad is not an entirely an unusual situation.

We only picked one in the official 15 man squad.

Particularly when Paine is under an injury cloud anyway. It would be a very tight run thing between Inglis and Carey and the trial match could have been a play off between the two if Paine wasn't fit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back