Todd Viney to head recruiting

Remove this Banner Ad

Reporter: What is your first pick in this draft Todd
Todd: My Son... i am not dispoint.

Ha ha!It is quite feasible that Todd's first draft selection in his role of head of recruiting will be Jack.

I think it is good that they have created this link between the coaching and recruiting departments. Todd will know exactly what our needs will be when going into future drafts.

Im sure todd is capable.

But i would personally prefer someone who knows the youth system from U16 ect in past years.

Has folloowed the players for a while, this is potentially a very very important draft for the MFC.

3 first round picks would be huge, we cannot afford to stuff this up.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/mark-neeld-bids-to-beef-up-his-collingwood-entourage/story-e6frf9jf-1226279995438

MELBOURNE has angered Collingwood chiefs with an attempt to poach a key member of the Magpies recruiting team.

The Dees have already nabbed three Pies staff since September, including coach Mark Neeld, assistant coach Leigh Brown and highly-rated sports physiotherapist Gary Nicholls.

It is understood Collingwood is angry the Dees have upped the ante this week by approaching national recruiting assistant Jason Taylor.

Figured I'd post it here rather than start a new thread

Interesting how The collingwood people are having a sook - as pointed out but the comments, they went after Luke Ball, Mick Malthouse and Jolly - and now it's happening to them - they cry like little bitches. As Edddie says - this is the fabric of modern football. haha

Also, I saw some douchebag asked if todd salary would be held under the cap like phil scullys - what a stupid question! Viney was a club great, Viney jr is coming under father son - even if Todd wasn't there, jr would still be a demon.

Ahh well - I agree it's good to see the club being ruthless, for too long we've been overlooked because were too "nice" - Hopefully this is the start of being hated because we're too good.

Re: OP - Its good having Viney hey?

Interesting how The collingwood people are having a sook - as pointed out but the comments, they went after Luke Ball, Mick Malthouse and Jolly - and now it's happening to them - they cry like little bitches. As Edddie says - this is the fabric of modern football. haha
They were also the catalyst for Nick Stevens leaving Port even though they didn't end up getting him.

What goes around comes around really.

Back on topic, if Viney is a stand in for the year I don't think we'll be compromised.

They were also the catalyst for Nick Stevens leaving Port even though they didn't end up getting him.

What goes around comes around really.

Back on topic, if Viney is a stand in for the year I don't think we'll be compromised.

In a year where we may have 3 first round selections?

Oh yes we will, unless he's competent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In a year where we may have 3 first round selections?

Oh yes we will, unless he's competent.
That's more or less what I was getting at HFF. I trust that Viney has the attributes and resources to perform this role the club has given him in such an important year.

Also, I saw some douchebag asked if todd salary would be held under the cap like phil scullys - what a stupid question! Viney was a club great, Viney jr is coming under father son - even if Todd wasn't there, jr would still be a demon.

Ahh well - I agree it's good to see the club being ruthless, for too long we've been overlooked because were too "nice" - Hopefully this is the start of being hated because we're too good.

Re: OP - Its good having Viney hey?

I likey!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back