Media Toga Times: Wonders (really it was Clarkey) save the Comp and finding a way ahead.

Remove this Banner Ad

ClarkeM has highlighted gaping holes in the structure and detail of the Fixture. Others, notably Barrybran are making valued contributions.

I am confident the Comp will fix some of the pressing anomalies. I would however suggest fixturing via Committee is a fraught exercise, even if the Committee as a whole was acknowledged as Super Duper. It isn't.

To get out of the immediate mess, I suggest formation of a small Working Group, comprising of the Admin and Clarkey and Baz.*

Looking further ahead, the group could be charged with developing the optimal fixture for S 36.

* I am now going into hiding.

So ten minutes into work and I've decided not to work and instead, fix this issue. Sorry emails.

Rd 1 and Rd 2 to remain as is.

If Kennedy Parker can populate Rds 3 to 13 based on the same principles as last season (normal round robin), incorporating the above rounds and then we implement the following to be injected mid-season, it should be problem solved:

Round A
2 v 3
4 v 5
6 v 7
8 v 9
10 v 11
12 v 13
Bye - 1

Round B
1 v 6
5 v 7
9 v 13
11 v 12
Bye - 2, 3, 4, 8, 10

Round C
1 v 2
3 v 4
5 v 6
7 v 8
9 v 10
11 v 12
Bye - 13

Round D
1 v 3
2 v 6
4 v 8
10 v 13
Bye - 5, 7, 9, 11, 12

Round E
1 v 8
2 v 12
3 v 11
4 v 10
5 v 9
7 v 13
Bye - 6

There's 4 extra games each (total 16 for the season)
There's 18 rounds 13+5
There's 2 bye's each
There's common sense

Congratulations Barrybran on being a truly significant contributor to our precious board that you and we all want to see succeed and not just complain about everything that happens like others.

ClarkeM has highlighted gaping holes in the structure and detail of the Fixture. Others, notably Barrybran are making valued contributions.

I am confident the Comp will fix some of the pressing anomalies. I would however suggest fixturing via Committee is a fraught exercise, even if the Committee as a whole was acknowledged as Super Duper. It isn't.

To get out of the immediate mess, I suggest formation of a small Working Group, comprising of the Admin and Clarkey and Baz.*

Looking further ahead, the group could be charged with developing the optimal fixture for S 36.

* I am now going into hiding.
Respectfully Horry, I disagree. The fixture shouldn't need a working group to comprise it.

For anyone that's been in sport structures before, it's just building the bones and then adding the meat.

In this case, the simple solution if we are to go ahead with 13 teams next season is to continue the following: Single matches against 8 teams, 2 matches against the remaining four.

Now the issue there remains in the desire for clubs ala Wonders/Demons to play twice a season and as a Wonders tragic, absolutely I want us to continue this every opportunity we can get and so we now need to consider a locked double fixture request, if agreed to by captains prior to the season and then the remaining 3 double matches are three teams we didn't play double matches against in the previous season.

The fixture, as I believe it will come to be, will be more than fine for this season and many seasons ahead.

I'd even argue in the worth of playing the "split" rounds much earlier in the season and getting the second bye out of the way early for all teams which can be done by Round 5 at the earliest, leaving a great and normal run home for everyone else the rest of the way to Round 18.

Did we piss in your cornflakes or something?
yeah mate I'm still incredibly upset at how I was treated in the S33 BnF when you gave Pickitt the award and not me, I have never forgotten this and that is the only reason why I would like the competition to reduce back to 12 teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah mate I'm still incredibly upset at how I was treated in the S33 BnF when you gave Pickitt the award and not me, I have never forgotten this and that is the only reason why I would like the competition to reduce back to 12 teams.

You still haven’t recovered from this

Remove this Banner Ad

Back