Tom Boyd thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah can't wait, we always have close battles with them and they will be up for the game.

I would love nothing more than a strong win over them!!

Boyd was subbed after getting 1 possession for the game in the 3rd quarter.

He is a very one dimensional forward and just doesn't work or have the agility of a Cam McCarthy or Jessie Hogan.

Well to be fair he had poor delivery today Vs the Dees and was double and triple teamed on occasions. Has been kicking multiple goals in other games and has a long career ahead of him.

Get injuries to the likes of Cameron, McCarthy and Stewart and we would be in a position of wishing him back. Let's not get too cocky.

Well to be fair he had poor delivery today Vs the Dees and was double and triple teamed on occasions. Has been kicking multiple goals in other games and has a long career ahead of him.

Get injuries to the likes of Cameron, McCarthy and Stewart and we would be in a position of wishing him back. Let's not get too cocky.

Nah then we will just put General and Thommo up forward and they will still do much better than that lead footed mummy's boy.

Anyway, he and his sleazy manager did us the biggest favour in history, other than when Picks dudded us with Buddy!!!

We should actually all love that flog Pickering...he's the gift that keeps on giving!!

Nah then we will just put General and Thommo up forward and they will still do much better than that lead footed mummy's boy.

Anyway, he and his sleazy manager did us the biggest favour in history, other than when Picks dudded us with Buddy!!!

We should actually all love that flog Pickering...he's the gift that keeps on giving!!
Patton? Really? Has spent most of his career so far on the sidelines and you wonder if he will ever have as much confidence as he otherwise would with 3x knee injuries to realize his potential. Would rather Boyd TBH.

Patton? Really? Has spent most of his career so far on the sidelines and you wonder if he will ever have as much confidence as he otherwise would with 3x knee injuries to realize his potential. Would rather Boyd TBH.

Patton at his best is as good as any of the young forwards coming through.

Even if he only got back to 75% he will still be elite and so much better than Boyd.

Unlike Boyd who is really a one dimensional forward who can pinch at ruck Patton is a competitive beast who has (like Hogan) an enormous tank and the flexibility to go back and take a key position down back (where I think he might end up).

I've seen enough of Boyd to establish he is merely serviceable. His loss has been a massive blessing to our club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boyd will be a good to great forward, if he can remain injury free. He has the talent, just needs time. Patton the same. Problem with Patton is that while he has some runs on the board, he is injury prone. His career is likely to be cut short in the end. Instead of a likely 12-15 year career at AFL level, he may just squeeze in 10. Hope I am wrong.

One of the things that makes Cameron so good is that he didnt have the experience of playing age-group footy all the way till he got to the AFL.

Players like Patton and Boyd got very used to being able to outmuscle much smaller defenders.

And then they are in the big time, and they cant.

Thread is a bit harsh. I really don't care to be honest. I hope the young fella plays well and is a success. But I just really don't give a flying rats clacker about him any more. He's just another player for another club.
Exactly this.

Knowing a bit about the manner in which he left I guess I just really don't rate him as a bloke.

From what I've heard he really wasn't that popular in the group either. Will leave it at that but it's gospel.

Anyway as stated his departure has helped give others a crack.

Sunshine is the polar opposite and will be our Barry Hall for the next many years.

To be quite frank, I reckon Boyd would be playing 2's if he stayed with us - given what a revelation sunshine has turned out to be. we still don't know how we're going to fit Patton into the line-up.

Depth is nice but it also is a curse. Injuries etc will always be a determining part of any team.

We still need to fit Rhys Palmer back in too. He was in top form and arguably one of our best in the early games

I don't begrudge Boyd for leaving anymore. In fact I wish him well, except when he plays us.

However it looks quite possible he may miss this encounter because he's ... wait for it.... tired?!!?!

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-24/bulldogs-could-rest-tired-boyd-from-giants-clash

C'mon! grow a pair. You're playing at home and you've got the crowd on your side. Don't be such a

chicken-running-scared.jpg

I'm pretty sure Griff will be playing and facing a very hostile crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back