Nostradamus Lives Tom Boyd Wants Out

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barely supported Carlton hey???
The notion that he's a diehard and that it's the only move that'll be considered is pure garbage. He's no more likely to go to Carlton than to St Kilda or the Dogs, for example.

The notion that he's a diehard and that it's the only move that'll be considered is pure garbage. He's no more likely to go to Carlton than to St Kilda or the Dogs, for example.

How do you know this may I ask? From what I know, he and his family are "diehard" carlton supporters.

How do you know this may I ask? From what I know, he and his family are "diehard" carlton supporters.
From closely following Tom's progress at the Eastern Ranges and having some understanding of what he's like. Not a 'diehard' by any means.

Carlton is a possible destination, but don't mistake his casual support for an ironclad guarantee that the Blues are his only destination or even his preferred destination. And beyond that, if he gets the right offer and is impressed enough by another club's team/facilities, he'll disregard any minor sentimental crap and sign with that club - as Chris Judd did at the end of 2007, if you can recall.

We'll see, anyway. My tip is that he'll be a Giant for some time to come. A few people that know him well said he was very comfortable with the idea of moving up there and that he was unlikely to seek a trade.

From closely following Tom's progress at the Eastern Ranges and having some understanding of what he's like. Not a 'diehard' by any means.

Carlton is a possible destination, but don't mistake his casual support for an ironclad guarantee that the Blues are his only destination or even his preferred destination. And beyond that, if he gets the right offer and is impressed enough by another club's team/facilities, he'll disregard any minor sentimental crap and sign with that club - as Chris Judd did at the end of 2007, if you can recall.

We'll see, anyway. My tip is that he'll be a Giant for some time to come. A few people that know him well said he was very comfortable with the idea of moving up there and that he was unlikely to seek a trade.

Seems our knowledge is somewhat differing.

Yeah, you can't trust what a player tells you, you have to base all your theories on some anonymous source at another club. :rolleyes:

I heard it on good authority from someone totally unrelated to either Boyd or the club that he wants out so that is gospel truth - it's going to happen - well I head it from Boyd himself that he is happy where he is - he must be lying to tow the club line. :confused:

It's all rather pathetic really.

Edit: I also said, he said he was happy, not that he was staying. We didn't talk contracts. To say your enjoying yourself isn't necessarily a club line or a PR exercise. He genuinely seemed happy to me when he said he was happy so I have no reason to doubt him - and nor quite frankly should you. But what it does do is put some of those "I'm desperately unhappy and need to move home as soon as possible" rumours to bed. He may move I don't know, but he was quite chipper when we spoke.
I heard it direct from Docherty that he was happy at the club and thought the club was improving, but he still left.

I never questioned what you said, I only pointed out that whilst you hear one thing in football the exact opposite has an all to common occurance of occurring. I player is not going to come out and let it be known to anyone except a very close knit group of manager and family that he wants out, simply because its not good for his career at a developing club as he'll be dropped.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn't Boyd's mum from Denmark or Finland? I remember her being interviewed prior to the draft and she said she is lukewarm about sport and football.

If you guys want to play this game, it's pretty easy to point out the shambles of a list down at Visy and question why any ambitious young player would want to go there.
Hehe Shambles of a list - says the Richmond supporter

Hows all those 27 year olds you recruited because you thought you had a chance, that whole chance snuffed out in one quarter by messrs Judd and Gibbs.

Anyway buddy you're the one who called Melbourne the worst team in the league, obviously you knew that was easy comedic throwback.

Hehe Shambles of a list - says the Richmond supporter

Hows all those 27 year olds you recruited because you thought you had a chance, that whole chance snuffed out in one quarter by messrs Judd and Gibbs.

Anyway buddy you're the one who called Melbourne the worst team in the league, obviously you knew that was easy comedic throwback.

I went in with the sarcastic sorry... And then bang! Flowers
It all seemed too easy.

Here is what I have heard, Boyd wants to come back home and wants to go to Carlton, Mitchell is going to Carlton deal almost done, Richmond, Port and Melbourne are very interested in Garlett, also the Bulldogs, Collingwood, Brisbane interested in Levi. Not sure what to make of all this, but the Mitchell and Garlett ones ring true heard it from a few people and seems to be solid.

Here is what I have heard, Boyd wants to come back home and wants to go to Carlton, Mitchell is going to Carlton deal almost done, Richmond, Port and Melbourne are very interested in Garlett, also the Bulldogs, Collingwood, Brisbane interested in Levi. Not sure what to make of all this, but the Mitchell and Garlett ones ring true heard it from a few people and seems to be solid.

Levi Greenwood?

Or Casboult?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back