Past Tom Rockliff (2008-2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

tomrockliff38
2 days ago
This has to be one of the better cities in the world... So lucky to call it home!! Just another day in paradise... #brisbane #qld will have to start calling myself a Queenslander soon I think

Man Love for this bloke

have been quoted a few times saying I would boof him..... I stand by what i said

Last edited:

Off the AFL site:

resize

Causal Sunday morning tune up with the round ball in prep for the international series game against me old mate @pearcehanley .. Can't wait to clean him up!

Tommy....no doubting his competitive streak.:thumbsu::footy::)

Tom Rockliff excited to play in Brisbane Lions' midfield in 2015
BRISBANE vice-captain Tom Rockliff says the Lions will roar into 2015 with a midfield equal to any in the AFL.

But the 2014 All-Australian knows talk is cheap and welcomes the pressure on the bolstered on-ball division to deliver.

Brisbane will boast a powerful, versatile and deep midfield after recruiting premiership playersDayne Beams and Allen Christensen to add to Rockliff, Pearce Hanley, Daniel Rich, Jack Redden, Dayne Zorko, James Aish, Sam Mayes and ruckmen Matthew Leuenberger and Stef Martin.

For the first time, in a long time, the Lions will have to carry some weight of expectation.

“We’ve certainly got the firepower there,’’ Rockliff said at the official launch of the new Brisbane jumper.

“It is shaping up pretty well. If we can keep everyone on the park, it’s going to be exciting.

“We’ve got plenty of options in the midfield with a good mix of in-and-under types along with outside guys.

“We’ve got guys like Dayne Beams and Allen Christensen who can go forward and kick goals and guys like Pearce Hanley who can play off half-back and give us that run-and-carry so it will be interesting to see how we set-up.’’

Rockliff — who claimed his second club champion award in 2014 and won selection in the Australian side for next month’s International Rules Test against Ireland — said the considerable amount of good vibes coming from the Gabba will count for nothing on the field when the season-proper starts in April.

“You can talk as much as you want but until we start performing consistently, it doesn’t really mean much,’’ he said.

“There’s a fair way to go and a fair amount of work to be done before Round 1.

“We’ve put together a list that is going to be highly competitive in most games. If everyone stays fit, we should be in more games for a longer period of time.

“Hopefully the results will come our way from that.’’

Brisbane have been pencilled in for a Gabba blockbuster against Collingwood on Easter Saturday to start their 2015 home-and-away campaign.

Overall, the Lions should get a softer draw in 2015 after finishing 15th in 2014.

By finishing in the bottom six on the ladder with seven wins and 15 losses, Brisbane is set to play more games against the likes of St Kilda, Melbourne and GWS.

Brisbane’s young players will return to pre-season training on November 5. All players with four or more years experience will return on November 19.

Lions go back to the future

RETURNING to their original merged guernsey for season 2015, the Brisbane Lions have almost completed a 180 degree flip from one of their darkest periods 12 months ago.

But vice-captain Tom Rockliff says the club now has to start winning matches. This time last year the Lions were in disarray, with five young players walking out, the boardroom in tatters, and rookie coach Justin Leppitsch about to embark on football's equivalent of Mt Everest. "You've got to remember your past but you've also got to build on the present, and that's the most important thing for us," Rockliff told reporters at the top of the Kangaroo Point cliffs.
"This time last year a lot of people were writing us off … it's nice to have a bit of positive media around the footy club. "You can do all the talking you want, but it's most important you go out there and perform on the weekend during the season."

JedRockyJumper2015.jpg

A very heartening reminder of the sort of season Rocky can put together when he doesn't have to shoulder the entirety of the in-and-under grunt work.

#NotDamaging #YeahRight

A very heartening reminder of the sort of season Rocky can put together when he doesn't have to shoulder the entirety of the in-and-under grunt work.

#NotDamaging #YeahRight

Should be able to get a few tips off Beams on getting free in the forward line for a shot or two :thumbsu:

39 scoring shots v 13 this season :footy:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dear god, do these journo's ever check their story??

Reading the MailOnLine is unbelievable for mistakes.....proof readers obviously don't exist anymore.

Dear god, do these journo's ever check their story??

Reading the MailOnLine is unbelievable for mistakes.....proof readers obviously don't exist anymore.

The proof reader disappeared from the printing industry a long time ago. Once the print ready PDF's came the death of Typesetters / Compositors and ancillary staff such as Proofreaders was sadly inevitable. I see some amazing mistakes that have gone to print.

Ok, but surely someone, maybe the journo whose name said article is in, would want to check it to make sure it sounds right?

Most things I do, I like to check they have been done properly before moving on to something else. I'm sure that is the way for most people isn't it?

...or am I out of date with my thinking now.....maybe its called old age. Perhaps it is the modern way of doing things, damned if I know, but it frustrates us to see so many mistakes in the papers or on tv.

I think it is called "care factor".....diminishing by the year imo.

Ok, but surely someone, maybe the journo whose name said article is in, would want to check it to make sure it sounds right?

Most things I do, I like to check they have been done properly before moving on to something else. I'm sure that is the way for most people isn't it?

...or am I out of date with my thinking now.....maybe its called old age. Perhaps it is the modern way of doing things, damned if I know, but it frustrates us to see so many mistakes in the papers or on tv.

I think it is called "care factor".....diminishing by the year imo.

They don't get a chance to. They file, it goes off to the subs they don't even get feedback or see the story again unless it is absolutely unprintable in its filed form at the big papers.

With the super being screwed up there, that is entirely the journo's fault though. The supers are written into the script by the journo and maybe checked by a producer, but it's just queued up for someone to press a button at the right time (I still don't know why the supers aren't hard coded into the story).

Finals not the 'pass mark' for new-look Lions: Rockliff

THE BRISBANE Lions might have loaded up with some heavy off-season artillery, but vice-captain Tom Rockliff says talk of finals in 2015 might be a little premature. While Rockliff says he's excited by the influx of talent to go along with the Lions' emerging list, he was quick to put the brakes on external expectations for 2015. "To say finals, I don't think that should be talked about, but we've got to improve and get at least 10 wins. I reckon [that] would be around a pass mark," he told AFL.com.au. "We're going to be highly competitive in a lot of games. The longer we can keep ourselves in games and give ourselves opportunities, results will start to fall our way. "You don't really know until the way your pre-season pans out and you see how the opposition teams are playing as well."

Rockliff said Leppitsch would have some juggling to do, but believed the plethora of on-ballers could all play in the one team. "You've got to have nine or 10 that can play through the midfield and half-forward and half-back," he said. "It's good to add a bit more depth to our list and I think we'll be highly competitive in games for longer periods. "I think everyone can fit in, absolutely. It makes it more competitive and harder for blokes to get positions. That's a good environment." Rockliff is preparing to represent Australia in the Virgin Australia International Rules Test against Ireland on November 22, but said he was itching to return to club training immediately after.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back