Past Tom Rockliff (2008-2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

“We have to do what we did against Hawthorn but we have to do it for four quarters,’’ Rockliff said.

“For the best part of three quarters we matched the best team in the competition in Hawthorn which is a really good sign for the future but it was disappointing how we let them pile on the goals in the fourth quarter.

“We know what we are in for against Geelong and we should relish the opportunity to play another great team.

“You cannot afford any lapses against great teams because they will punish you the same way Hawthorn hurt us.

“We don’t want to have to comeback from 50-odd points again. We want to be right in the game from the start and be in a position to hopefully run away with it in the fourth quarter.’’

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/af...-against-geelong/story-fniv5zar-1226862624552

Inside Football player rating Rnd 1 Hawthorn Vs Brisbane Lions,

Got under skin of Mitchell and made him pay on the scoreboard with 3 goals. 8/10 - Brett Anderson - Inside Football March 27, 2014

Anyone that saw Rocky's effort last night after that knock early, & doubts that he is our next captain has rocks in their head. Outstanding leadership.

Was also playing with a migraine that came on pre-match and as a result vomited several times during the match.

As someone who has experienced how debilitating migraines can be, I shake my head in admiration. He is a special kid.

Was also playing with a migraine that came on pre-match and as a result vomited several times during the match.

As someone who has experienced how debilitating migraines can be, I shake my head in admiration. He is a special kid.

A "like" is simply not enough for this one...

Rocky you are special!!!!

If these are the kinds of lessons you can teach the crop of new lions, you are most definitely confirmed as a leader. A leader that will take these boys to men and then on to champions.

I love that you love our club so much.

Don't think several times does it justice, according to the radio he threw up three times in the warm up alone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this guy, a ton of respect for the bloke. Had no idea he was crook at the game and to say that his performance was outstanding in a flogged team while leaving the stadium makes me wonder just how good he is.

There might be some but can anyone think of a better rookie or PSD draft pick in recent times?

How underrated is this bloke? Honestly deserves to be talked about in the top echelon of midfielders but you rarely see his name mentioned. I just did a comparison of his season with Joel Selwood and this is what I found (source)

- Rockliff has more (both total and average):
Disposals
Kicks
Handballs
Marks
Equal goals
Tackles (has a whopping 18 more tackles)
Hitouts (lol)
Uncontested possessions (trails contested by 17 but leads uncontested by 28 indicating he gets much more ball on the outside than JS).
Rebound 50's

The areas he trails considerably include
Clearances (32-5)
Inside 50's (possibly related to clearances)
Goal assists are 6-2 so not a blowout
Contested possessions 76-93 so again not a blow out. JS would spend more time as a pure mid than Rock though (I assume).
And of course, he trails free kicks for 6-21 (21 free kicks in 7 games wtf).

Gun.

Selwood's past month or so has been pretty quiet.

Still agree he's underrated though, his finish to last season was insane.

How underrated is this bloke? Honestly deserves to be talked about in the top echelon of midfielders but you rarely see his name mentioned. I just did a comparison of his season with Joel Selwood and this is what I found (source)

- Rockliff has more (both total and average):
Disposals
Kicks
Handballs
Marks
Equal goals
Tackles (has a whopping 18 more tackles)
Hitouts (lol)
Uncontested possessions (trails contested by 17 but leads uncontested by 28 indicating he gets much more ball on the outside than JS).
Rebound 50's

The areas he trails considerably include
Clearances (32-5)
Inside 50's (possibly related to clearances)
Goal assists are 6-2 so not a blowout
Contested possessions 76-93 so again not a blow out. JS would spend more time as a pure mid than Rock though (I assume).
And of course, he trails free kicks for 6-21 (21 free kicks in 7 games wtf).

Gun.

I've said it all along; he'll win (then lose) the Brownlow this season :(

When I saw the Rockliff/Selwood comparison posted I have to admit I went straight for the "Frees for" statistic.

Was unsurprised.
Still 26 disposals more in the same amount of games despite Selwood being gifted possies by the umpire. Not that it's a huge difference but still.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back