Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
With all the discussion about old guys at Geelong I thought Id see how many old guys are holding up top four teams.
Eagles only have priddis, but here are 6 hawks, 7 dockers and 6 swans who will play a significant part in this years finals

Johnson Lake Gibson
Richards. McPharlin Shaw
Mitchell Priddis Crowley
Hodge Hale McVeigh
Burgoyne Pavlich Goodes
Sandilands Mundy McGlynn

Pyke Duffield

With all the discussion about old guys at Geelong I thought Id see how many old guys are holding up top four teams.
Eagles only have priddis, but here are 6 hawks, 7 dockers and 6 swans who will play a significant part in this years finals

Johnson Lake Gibson
Richards. McPharlin Shaw
Mitchell Priddis Crowley
Hodge Hale McVeigh
Burgoyne Pavlich Goodes
Sandilands Mundy McGlynn

Pyke Duffield
Crowley?? Highly doubtful.

also suggests the top four could be completely different in a couple of years time, free agency notwithstanding

Hawks have been top four five years running, sydney for four and freo for three

Last edited:
I had no idea Pyke was 31. He's still got another year on his contract, right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We were meant to tumble out of the 4 this year with the demise of Pav, Sandi and McPharlin. All three still playing pretty reasonable footy, the latter two should go another year at least. Sandilands especially is as good as ever.

Sandilands is one of those players who could go for a long time until soft tissue injuries get him.

He is not relying on pace and probably wont start getting noticeably smaller until his 50's or 60's

We were meant to tumble out of the 4 this year with the demise of Pav, Sandi and McPharlin. All three still playing pretty reasonable footy, the latter two should go another year at least. Sandilands especially is as good as ever.
Nah, we know it's the youf, not the old guys going by bigfooty logic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back