Prediction Collingwood for a 3-peat? Too early?

Remove this Banner Ad

Two games clear from Brisbane in 3rd and a healthy percentage. Brisbane will most certainly drop a game between now and the end of the season so the Pies have a great buffer. Finish top 2 and it’s playing at the G all the way through to the GF.

The team has good depth but more importantly a game plan that all players have bought into and which is repeatedly executed.

The only thing stopping them is just the hoodoo of a poor GF record which is hardly a concern for Fly and the troops

Something special is brewing at Collingwood
Going to be difficult to beat them come the pointy end of this season and they are only going to get better the next few years.

Their come from behind in the last quarter ability is unmatched and is enough to give them a multi season edge
It’ll take other teams until 2025 to catch up to where Collingwood will be at.
Lmfao.

Yes, too early.

I think they'll win it this year, it gets exponentially harder winning the next two consecutively.

Too early? Apparently. According to some we haven't even qualified for this year's top 8 yet.

I can't see the pies not winning the flag this year if they remain fit

The dees, port, lions and dogs all contenders but the pies are a notch above
It's Collingwood, then Port, then daylight to the rest.

We've seen very strong H&A teams have bad games in finals before and lose in an upset, (Geelong 2008, Swans 2016, Tigers 2018, among other examples), but anyone else winning would require both these teams to fail pretty hard in finals and I think that's unlikely. One of them might stuff up, but I don't think both will.

A Collingwood v Port GF would be the gold standard match up for this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2024 was always going to be the year to mark the Collingwood dynasty.

2023 was still a devlopement phase and in alot of ways in still a re building phase.

Kind of reminds me of circa 2002 this year where we came out from the clouds and our rise was quick maybe too quick and maybe thats why we lost grand finals 2002 and 2003 to brisbane where it was more like 2005 where we were like going to win that premiership under malthouse.

Same deal this year but i feel we have a nice fun and hard working atomphere at collingwood in 2023 and we have top coaching and devlopment staff.

2023 is still bonus territory.

2024 is the year we will blitz the competition.

As soon as we got Fly as our coach i said to myself give us 2 years and we be the best in the comp so 2022 was flys first year 2023 second year and 2024 will be our year and blast teams off the park week to week round after round.

Kind of what essendon did in 2000 and only lose like 2 or 3 matches for the whole season.

but il will still accept a flag in 2023 so bring it on

Remove this Banner Ad

Back