Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne can't possibly keep Oliver now that their mouth piece Morris has reported that?

This is a Stringer type scenario, only Oliver is actually a superstar so they won't get screwed over at the trade table.

Didn't Melbourne want Lobb at some point?

Welcome Clarry.

If it’s true Being at the Club for one year was enough for Lobb

Maybe it was enough for the club? Buyers remorse?

If the club sees Darcy coming on quicker than anticipated, Lobb hanging around for another 3 years might not sit well with list management.

If we can get something decent, close to what we paid, not a bad result. His end of season form could now come in handy.

I’m not attached to Lobb and want to give Darcy games so doesn’t bother me if we move him on, just don’t want us to get less than we gave. He is contracted so that should help.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Now that our F2 is settled, we ended up giving pick 30 in both 2022 and 2023 for him. We'll be lucky to get half of that now I'd say.

If we get less for Lobb, which we obviously will, honestly Power should go. How could the club keep justifying these peoples jobs for literally shitting the bed constantly.

It’s just not on, what the actual * is going on? What is our direction? We’re literally just throwing s**t at the wall & seeing what happens. Are we trying for a flag or rebuilding or what? Surely the clubs not listening to Bev say the list is not good enough (I wonder why he would say that??? 🤔) and now backing down from our calls of top 4 to rebuild & justify him being a s**t coach

Maybe it was enough for the club? Buyers remorse?

If the club sees Darcy coming on quicker than anticipated, Lobb hanging around for another 3 years might not sit well with list management.

If we can get something decent, close to what we paid, not a bad result. His end of season form could now come in handy.

I think it looks very bad for the club if we are the ones pushing for the exit. We knew we had Sam Darcy on the list last season. These are things you should be mulling over before doing the trade.

My guess if Lobb wants out it is a return to GWS. He tried to get there after 2021, they should be premiership contenders going forward and have a hole at KPF, that Lobb would fill.

What does it say about Lobb has a history of requesting a trade when he still in contract
Changes clubs as often as he changes his hair colour

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we get less for Lobb, which we obviously will, honestly Power should go. How could the club keep justifying these peoples jobs for literally shitting the bed constantly.

It’s just not on, what the actual * is going on? What is our direction? We’re literally just throwing s**t at the wall & seeing what happens. Are we trying for a flag or rebuilding or what? Surely the clubs not listening to Bev say the list is not good enough (I wonder why he would say that??? 🤔) and now backing down from our calls of top 4 to rebuild & justify him being a s**t coach
Christ is there anything you don’t overreact too?

I think it looks very bad for the club if we are the ones pushing for the exit. We knew we had Sam Darcy on the list last season. These are things you should be mulling over before doing the trade.

My guess if Lobb wants out it is a return to GWS. He tried to get there after 2021, they should be premiership contenders going forward and have a hole at KPF, that Lobb would fill.
He can want out but he's only leaving if we agree to it given his contract, meaning if he's really gone there must also be a desire from the club to move him along and it's not all coming from him.

Best summarised by Confusion reigns at the Kennel !

Lobb for Clayton Oliver who saids no

You honestly don’t think it would be a big deal to bring in a 30yr old like Lobb for a fairly hefty cost on a 4yr deal and trading him for likely less than half of that a year later?
Hefty cost? Mate he was 2 picks in the mid 30s and at worst we will get 1 back

He can want out but he's only leaving if we agree to it given his contract, meaning if he's really gone there must also be a desire from the club to move him along and it's not all coming from him.

Totally.

My guess, if this is true, is Lobb wants out and we don't think its worth the hassle with a 30yo with three years left and try and rummage something decent back for him.

Don't think it makes sense that we would try and force him out.

Does it though?

It’s not like we signed him to a 7 year, $7mil contract a couple of years ago now trying to push him out.

There’s a lot worse that clubs have recently done that didn’t create too many waves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back