Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone have any insight into whether the Buss is happy / somewhat settled in Melbourne?

Crickets on contract extension talk which is a little worrying...
He’d want to improve a fair whack to deserve one. From the few games I saw he wasn’t great and last final was WOG. Only young but still needs to improve b4 being ready. SOS has gone past him for now

You forgot Princess Panda, Gerry Gee and that bloke that had his hand up his backside, Ron Blaskett 😁
Ron Blaskett, there’s a blast from the past. Remember having tea with him after retirement. Maaaaan did he love diamond rings. Doubting Naught could even afford that bling with his new contract 😉

Dogs 13 and GetDimmaBack - Ron and Gerry used to do the footy club circuit back in the day - slightly um, more adult material than The Tarax Show! :laughv1:
(From memory, Blaskett only passed away a few years ago well into his 90s. Not sure what Gerry is up to these days, heard he hangs out with Ossie, Aggro, Humphrey and Fredd Bear.)
The old man booked him for a fees sportsman’s nights. Sadly I was far to you d. Said he was an absolute gentleman but when on stage could be very blue.

People overrate our list so much

Scott and Vandermeer were walk up starts to get 10 touches and do * all. We rolled out either Baker or Poulter on the wing each week. McNeil doing God knows what out there. Harmes is a giant upgrade on all of them if he doesn't cost anything in a trade
I’d like to see Scott as other FP and be given that role each week. Guy must have suffered from dizziness last season. Give him a role and let him make it his rather than being a bottle of clag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m completely fine with picking up Harmes. He’s much better than our bottom 6 and can pick up the slack on the wing/half forward role.

If he is low cost for one year then he is better than guys like Scott, Baker, Poulter etc.

This is under the assumption that he costs nothing in terms of draft capital.

I’m completely fine with picking up Harmes. He’s much better than our bottom 6 and can pick up the slack on the wing/half forward role.

If he is low cost for one year then he is better than guys like Scott, Baker, Poulter etc.

This is under the assumption that he costs nothing in terms of draft capital.
My only issue is that we've given multi year extensions to all of those guys

Maybe take into account that Harmes could not make it into Melbourne team.

Flip side is that this is aggressive Mids is where Melb is strong - Petracca, Oliver and Viney are all campaigners.

We have West who I believe should make it (and am a fan) but there is a reason why he has not had more rotations other then that we need the aggression near goal. Has had limited runs there but has not grabbed those opportunities - so while we hope we still need to solve the problem.

Smith has it but seems to just lose the aggression sometimes - more about emotion than ruthless hardness and wanting the heat.

So on balance if we can get him for free - why not? Bont, Trelor, Libba, Macrae, Smith, West and Harmes is a great mid group.

Sullivan is right in front of us but in VFL games I watch both were good but very different.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back