Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Morning fellas. Just wondering the feel on your board for pick 5? I presume whoever is left out of Sanders and Watson but which would be the preference? Also, should Buss request a trade home to WA next year what do you think would be a fair price? I think the only way he’d request that is if you can’t pay him enough with the other big deals you have to get done. English and JUH to stay loyal but what happens to a Bailey Smith?
Mate, before you throw the cat among the pigeons, you're supposed to say, "I come in peace...".

Amateur trolls.

I hate amateur trolls.

Last edited:
Yep, Dom was destroying them during our pre-season intra matches. I expect him to be one to watch in 2024.

I'll be down there reporting again from November, so hopefully the hope will blossom into something more beautiful by next September. We were closer this year than some would realise, having lost seven games by 12 points of less...
That's assuming they don't lock all the sessions up since they're back at VUWO...

I don’t know how anyone could begrudge Baz if he left. He can’t wait for a midfield spot to open up forever.

He’s done 99% right by the club since he got here.

I don’t know how anyone could begrudge Baz if he left. He can’t wait for a midfield spot to open up forever.

He’s done 99% right by the club since he got here.
Could try and actually earn it and not have 1 good game once in a blue moon and cannot hit a target by foot

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I see him even being the cozier replacement
Coffield? Has some form line at least.

People still can't agree on where Bedendo plays.

When was the last time we traded with west coast the only time I can think of is Koby Stevens
The first ever pick swap trade was between the Bulldogs and Eagles. We traded down a second rounder to get an extra late pick, and in traded the second rounder for Ben Hudson

The Busslinger trade talk is a bit of a strange one but I'll bite. I feel like a mid first round pick would probably get it done begrudgingly. Losing him would kind of destroy our list build going forward.

He hasn't shown much but started way behind the 8 ball this year with the shoulder.
Yeah he's pretty much a draftee this year with his shoulder issues. Will be an interesting watch over pre season

Yeah he's pretty much a draftee this year with his shoulder issues. Will be an interesting watch over pre season
Having watched his first training session last year where he could barely lift his arms above his head and was trailing well behind the rest of the rehab group during the lightest of run throughs. I don’t think it can be overstated from how far back he came last season. Understandably this led to him having a pretty meh season where he had some good and some indifferent games in a season that was always going to be one of development. This year will obviously be different and we should see more of what saw him drafted so early. Having said that, I don’t think he’s yet a sure thing or worthy of a big offer to blast him out of the dogs from the eagles or anybody else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Massive lol. Yep the bloke known as one of the hardest trainers in the league doesn’t try..
I don't think the implication is he doesn't try, just that he hasn't earned it based on this years form and having a tantrum and leaving rather than address the limitations keeping him from his preferred role such as consistency and decision making/execution (running and fitness not being one of them) would not be a great response.

That said I'd expect he knows what his weaknesses are and is addressing them. His disappointment at not playing his preferred role isn't necessarily a sign of entitlement and may be a reflection of a desire to play at the level he knows he is capable.

I don't think the implication is he doesn't try, just that he hasn't earned it based on this years form and having a tantrum and leaving rather than address the limitations keeping him from his preferred role such as consistency and decision making/execution (running and fitness not being one of them) would not be a great response.

That said I'd expect he knows what his weaknesses are and is addressing them. His disappointment at not playing his preferred role isn't necessarily a sign of entitlement and may be a reflection of a desire to play at the level he knows he is capable.
From the proven perspective of my keyboard it looks to me like the problems are as much mental as anything. His best form for the club (late 2021 and early 2022) was outstanding and he did it week after week. At that stage he was on track for top 20 in the league.

He simply hasn't had the same consistently high level of output since his 4 week suspension for a headbutt and the leaking of an ill-considered party video. I know it's not a great guide but in 10 games at the start of 2022 he polled 9 Brownlow votes. In 26 games since his enforced holiday he has only polled 5 votes. Injury doesn't appear to have been a factor.

Yes, the position/role he gets to play may be a factor but I reckon there's more to unlocking his talent than that. Let's hope with our raft of new coaches we see it in 2024. Getting the best form out of Baz has to be high on their list of priorities.

Even if he does leave in 12 months time it'll mean we should get proper value for him, rather than selling him low and watching him blossom at Geelong 🤮 🤮 or Hawthorn 🤮 or Essendon 🤮 🤮🤮.

From the proven perspective of my keyboard it looks to me like the problems are as much mental as anything. His best form for the club (late 2021 and early 2022) was outstanding and he did it week after week. At that stage he was on track for top 20 in the league.

He simply hasn't had the same consistently high level of output since his 4 week suspension for a headbutt and the leaking of an ill-considered party video. I know it's not a great guide but in 10 games at the start of 2022 he polled 9 Brownlow votes. In 26 games since his enforced holiday he has only polled 5 votes. Injury doesn't appear to have been a factor.

Yes, the position/role he gets to play may be a factor but I reckon there's more to unlocking his talent than that. Let's hope with our raft of new coaches we see it in 2024. Getting the best form out of Baz has to be high on their list of priorities.

Even if he does leave in 12 months time it'll mean we should get proper value for him, rather than selling him low and watching him blossom at Geelong 🤮 🤮 or Hawthorn 🤮 or Essendon 🤮 🤮🤮.
The number and placement of the vomit emojis is correct

Good post, but I'm marking it down based on insufficient vomit emojis for those 3 clubs.

Or is it a scaled post, where each emoji represents 100 actual regurgitations? 🤔

Good post, but I'm marking it down based on insufficient vomit emojis for those 3 clubs.

Or is it a scaled post, where each emoji represents 100 actual regurgitations? 🤔
Happy for it to be a logarithmic scale if that aligns better with your gut response.

Someone has probably already posted it somewhere.

But what is the total list spots we have left to fill? No need for full break down of main, rookie etc.
Just wondering the total list spots we have left to fill. Just curious how many NEW faces we will be adding in two weeks. Though I know two spots are already committed to redrafting two senior players to the rookie list.

Someone has probably already posted it somewhere.

But what is the total list spots we have left to fill? No need for full break down of main, rookie etc.
Just wondering the total list spots we have left to fill. Just curious how many NEW faces we will be adding in two weeks. Though I know two spots are already committed to redrafting two senior players to the rookie list.
We currently have 35 listed players. You can have a total of 44 (with limits for numbers of main list, Cat A and Cat B rookies.

Means we have up to 9 new players coming in, but that number could also include Duryea and McNeil and all spots may not be filled in the national and rookie drafts.

We currently have 35 listed players. You can have a total of 44 (with limits for numbers of main list, Cat A and Cat B rookies.

Means we have up to 9 new players coming in, but that number could also include Duryea and McNeil and all spots may not be filled in the national and rookie drafts.

My guess

4 national draft
3 rookies (Possibly Duryea, McNeil, mature aged ruck)

Leave 1 spot open for a midseason recruit and 1 spot open for a Cat B rookie.

Seems pretty unlikely but if Lual doesn’t get bid on can we automatically add him as Cat B? Didn’t that happen with Buku?

Seems pretty unlikely but if Lual doesn’t get bid on can we automatically add him as Cat B? Didn’t that happen with Buku?
Yep - but he'd have to make all the way through the draft. Anything after 40 it would be a no-brainer for us to match the bid

Remove this Banner Ad

Back