Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Personally, I think Schache has Poulter covered for intestinal fortitude. If he makes it as an inside mid with us, I'll eat my hat.

Having said that, I'm hoping he can develop as a wing, one-sided notwithstanding, but I still expect others to over-take him sooner rather than later.

Happy for him to prove me wrong though, and hoping he can.

I quite like him, I certainly felt his running helped with getting him on the end of a few goals last season and we definitely need more goal output from the wing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I quite like him, I certainly felt his running helped with getting him on the end of a few goals last season and we definitely need more goal output from the wing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tall, too, that's an advantage out wide, especially when defenders under pressure coming out of defence and have to dispose quickly

Does anyone else think Poulter might be a long term midfield option for the club? He was drafted as an inside/outside midfielder and has put on some serious size in the offseason to add to his height.

It’s obviously not going to happen in the next couple of years but given he’s just turned 21, there could be something to work with there. We don’t have a heap of inside mid options at VFL level so it’s something we could play around with.
No - he is extremely outside. I don't think i've ever really seen him get a tough, contested possession. And that is ok, his role suits his strengths

We’ll see Caleb Daniel become an AA ruckman before Poulter becomes a genuine mid.

Interesting Zak Butters has signed a 2 year extension which will take him through to free agency in 2026. If I could get any player in the comp for us it would probably be him or Sam Taylor.

Wonder if Baz does something similar?

This is how I read your post...! 😃
Exactly! I took a quick peak at the Port board and its funny seeing their reactions (which to be honest we would also be having with our own players)

"Backing himself in for a bigger deal"
"Great to secure him for two more years"
"Better to lock up Rozee first for a longer deal"

Exactly! I took a quick peak at the Port board and its funny seeing their reactions (which to be honest we would also be having with our own players)

"Backing himself in for a bigger deal"
"Great to secure him for two more years"
"Better to lock up Rozee first for a longer deal"

Wait until he is spotted looking at houses in Williamstown during the 2026 season! 😆

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why did we not put an offer to Joel Hamling..... Still only 30 years old.

Unless by a "disrespectful offer" from Freo he means not big/medium money....

Why did we not put an offer to Joel Hamling..... Still only 30 years old.

Unless by a "disrespectful offer" from Freo he means not big/medium money....
Flag hero but had a chuckle at that article. Not his fault he was injured but he would have made very nice coin while barely playing for 3 years. Freo would have been negligent offering him anything other than the bare minimum.

Flag hero but had a chuckle at that article. Not his fault he was injured but he would have made very nice coin while barely playing for 3 years. Freo would have been negligent offering him anything other than the bare minimum.
Fair enough, don't disagree he's looked extremely cooked, but think with a change of environment he might put together 2 or so good seasons

Remove this Banner Ad

Back