Training Reports Includes Updated Training Times

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Training Reports - 2010 Preseason includes Training Time

Saw Posty reasonably up close at Tuesday's session. I thought he had bulked up a bit. He also carries himself with a good amount of confidence for a young bloke. He was pretty talkative and looked like he was having a good time.

I also watched the Richo dvd the other day and he looks very similar to Richo in his early days before he grew his hair to shoulder length- although i think this has been pointed out a few times before.

JR is looking much bigger than i remembered him from last year and he is very confident. He was constantly telling people where to go in the zone.

Between JR, Post, Gourdis, Griffen, Astbury we have quite a few key forward options now. Gourdis was looking very fit and strong. His field kicking was also pretty impresive on his left and he has a massive leap. Hope he starts putting things together this season and if he doesn't do so as a forward then he could be a CHB.

Post is a 2 year old colt - doesn't know what to do but what he does do he does at high intensity. Most colts end up glue, but he strikes me as playing between the arcs rather than a go-to man up forward

It's griffiths, not griffen

Cotch looked great, but let's face it, he always has. Not as if his legs are sticks too, but until he has a good few years out of the rehab group any suggestions he is perfect will be speculative

Foley looked proppy. He is a rookie elevation, remember, and has been known for being our best trainer - take away his capacity to train the house down and expectations of a return to blistering form should be modest

Any training times and location over the weekend? Would love to take the little guy down before work begins again Monday

Foley looked proppy. He is a rookie elevation, remember, and has been known for being our best trainer - take away his capacity to train the house down and expectations of a return to blistering form should be modest

Apparently there are big concerns over his body atm. Word is that he was getting an injection before every game last year and hadn't been right since he first did his ankle, and constantly going out on an injury may have done some damage.

It's just a rumor though, so take it with a grain of salt - I'm not going to pretend to be the snag and call it as fact.

Can anyone report on how Contin is fitting in and what position they have him playing in? Cheers:thumbsu:

Can anyone report on how Contin is fitting in and what position they have him playing in? Cheers:thumbsu:

They said at training the other day after the game they played that he is a..

"Half-back midfielder that can go forward."

He's fit, needs to improve his run a bit & get more strengh to stop elite taggers. He looks a bit like Dane Swan from a distant lol.

They said at training the other day after the game they played that he is a..

"Half-back midfielder that can go forward."

He's fit, needs to improve his run a bit & get more strengh to stop elite taggers. He looks a bit like Dane Swan from a distant lol.

Sounds pretty flexible, Contin and Cotchin could be intersting for commentators. Has he got tats?

Jeez, he's a rookie list player in one of the weakest drafts in memory and we're talking about him beating elite taggers? Now that's confidence. :D

Jeez, he's a rookie list player in one of the weakest drafts in memory and we're talking about him beating elite taggers? Now that's confidence. :D

Would be good if he can take the elite tagger out of the game though and free up Lids, Cuz, Foley and Cotchin.:rolleyes:

Anyone - Is next Tuesday (the 19th's) training at Craigieburn or Punt Road?

Anyone - Is next Tuesday (the 19th's) training at Craigieburn or Punt Road?

I have already posted this on page 21 of this thread, but... here it is again:

Richmond will hold the following open training sessions during the month of January.

- Tuesday 12 January, 9.30am, Punt Road Oval.
- Tuesday 19 January, 9.30am, Punt Road Oval.
- Tuesday 26 January, 9.30am, Punt Road Oval.

It's under the Training Times section of Season 2010 on our website.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

care to elaborate?

Morton looks fine, always been an impressive trainer as his skills with either foot are sweet. Great size and one wonders if he might have a role further up the ground.

If he is to become our Steve Johnson then a capacity to rotate through the midfield would be required

Lovely player, but v v hard to forge a career as solely a modestly sized forward. I suspect a bigger tank is required, and he ain't going to develop that hanging out in the square

Would be good if he can take the elite tagger out of the game though and free up Lids, Cuz, Foley and Cotchin.:rolleyes:

If Ling goes to Foley at the first bounce 2007, how do you (as coach) 'free up' Foley?

Taggers tag who they like and there's really nothing practical you can do about changing that...which is a major reason they can be so consistently effective.

Morton looks fine, always been an impressive trainer as his skills with either foot are sweet. Great size and one wonders if he might have a role further up the ground.

Definitely capable of being a damaging winger once he's fit enough...tons of improvement left in him over the next couple of seasons.

If Ling goes to Foley at the first bounce 2007, how do you (as coach) 'free up' Foley?

Taggers tag who they like and there's really nothing practical you can do about changing that...which is a major reason they can be so consistently effective.

Definitely capable of being a damaging winger once he's fit enough...tons of improvement left in him over the next couple of seasons.
I was being sarcastic in response to the reference that Contin would be taking an elite tagger.

Hey can anyone going to training tomorrow confirm whether or not Jack Riewoldt has THE worst haircut ever? I've seen a photo and it makes me sad inside. I hope it's some kind of sick joke... but if it's not.... you will get a good laugh at least.:eek:

Also - if Cuz is training or not ?

Cheers!

Has Cuz been at training at all or is he still recovering from his hand injury?

This time last year it was all about Benny but I have barely heard a whisper this year.

The Tigers have had some shocking hair do's in the past... any one remember Polo's checkerboard think he wore it in a Dreamtime at the G game?

So Foley then moves onto J.Bartel, or some other midfielder, creating that 2-on-1 situation, ring-a-ring-a-rosey, with a free tiger at the end of it all. Ling stays with Foley - then Bartel's man (Jackson) runs free.

Contin looks like a well balanced footballer from the footage on the rfc website. Very interested in this young man's progress. Any junior pundits know what the knocks on him were?

Anyone gonna post a report from today? Jees its a slow day at the office...

Keen to hear anything about Connors, Collins, Cotchin, Foley progress. Also an early call on who's looking the most likely out of the new picks, besides Martin, to make an impact this year. Cheers!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back