Injury Trent West - ACL

Remove this Banner Ad

Just our luck.

Has been a huge pickup for us, hopefully makes a quick recovery so he is ready for 2015.

Get well Trent!

Bugger :mad::(

Get better big fella. You've been a surprise package for many of us and shouldered some serious responsibility.

Never thought I'd be saying it; but it's now time for Stefan Martin to shine and show us what he is made of...too bad for big West, who I thought had been tremendous for us this year. Ironically, up until his injury, probably the first time he was really being out pointed by his opposition.

Never thought I'd be saying it; but it's now time for Stefan Martin to shine and show us what he is made of...too bad for big West, who I thought had been tremendous for us this year. Ironically, up until his injury, probably the first time he was really being out pointed by his opposition.

Martins best year was when Jamar was injured and he played first ruck.

Really bad luck for Trent. Looked like he was really enjoying his footy.

****ed.

Shocking time of year to do it as well. Wipes out 1.5 seasons basically.

Martin will have to step up. Can we get Hudson back.

A mid year draft would be handy right about now.

Shocking time of year to do it as well. Wipes out 1.5 seasons basically.

Martin will have to step up. Can we get Hudson back.

A mid year draft would be handy right about now.

An interesting point. Watching Game Day on sunday and Nick Reiwoldt raised this very point when they were discussing West going down. He was very supportive of a mid season draft and said we were a perfect example of the benefits of this. Both our primary ruckman down and there would be a number of guys playing in state comps who could come in and fill a role for us for a chunk of the season, while also getting exposure. I think its certainly something that they need to consider looking at.

Just can't take a trick with injuries at the moment. Just when it seams like we get a bit of better news another one bites the dust.

He was very supportive of a mid season draft and said we were a perfect example of the benefits of this. Both our primary ruckman down and there would be a number of guys playing in state comps who could come in and fill a role for us for a chunk of the season, while also getting exposure. I think its certainly something that they need to consider looking at.

The AFL had a mid-season draft in the mid 90's too (I'm not 100% on the timeline, but it only lasted a handful of years).

An interesting point. Watching Game Day on sunday and Nick Reiwoldt raised this very point when they were discussing West going down. He was very supportive of a mid season draft and said we were a perfect example of the benefits of this. Both our primary ruckman down and there would be a number of guys playing in state comps who could come in and fill a role for us for a chunk of the season, while also getting exposure. I think its certainly something that they need to consider looking at.

Just can't take a trick with injuries at the moment. Just when it seams like we get a bit of better news another one bites the dust.

Say a team has a free rookie space at the start of the season at any point after round 10 they can put anyone not on a current list and of age onto that spot and then normal rookie rules apply.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back