Food, Drink & Dining Out Turducken...Gobble-Quack-Cluck

Remove this Banner Ad

I doubt many of the idiots and trolls here know what one is. What is a turducken?

Unsure if heat beads would cook it all the way through...raw chook would make for a unhappy Xmas lunch.

I'm going to stop being a turkey and be serious, don't they have special cookers for them these days? I know its a pretty expensive outlay for once a year, but isn't that what getting into the Christmas spirit is all about? Spreading the love amongst all the businesses in your pond?

imposter_ichiro_goes_overboard_pursuing_ackleys_foul_ball.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't you pre cook the smaller birds?

Nah they are all cooked inside each other; temp has to hit 165 degree for the chook to be cooked and then you slice it open revealing all of the layers.

They are all deboned by the butcher prior.

The Weber hits a peak heat and then slowly burns down...I suppose it means leaving it on longer.

As Princess Leia said 'BF you are my only hope'....

Nah they are all cooked inside each other; temp has to hit 165 degree for the chook to be cooked and then you slice it open revealing all of the layers.

They are all deboned by the butcher prior.

The Weber hits a peak heat and then slowly burns down...I suppose it means leaving it on longer.

As Princess Leia said 'BF you are my only hope'....

There is a River Cottage episode where he cooks a 7-bird Turducken for Xmas - I'll see if I can find a youtube clip to see how he cooks it.

Had xmas lunch at my ex's aunt's place maybe 4 or so years ago - She was a rather eccentric woman and had Turducken as the main meal. As someone who was just recovering from vegetarianism at the time, it was a bit much to stomach -

Pretty sure she just pulled it out of the oven, but I could be wrong as I didn't really ask specifics of how it was cooked

It's only matter of time before Christco have a turducken special for 12 easy payments of $38.50

That is, if they haven't already

Remove this Banner Ad

Back