Discussion TV Broadcast Graphics - Designs & Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

IMO, blue doesn't work well with black and red. I can stare at the red without any problems.

It looks decent.

I would like something like this for one of the channels.....

steven_gerrard_1251195c.jpg

Simple, has the team colours and there's no big gradients etc.

I agree with that idea. Looking at tonights graphics, if I was a newcomer to the sport and saw the graphics I'd have no immediate way of knowing who the teams were without listening to the commentary or a score change.

I'd like to see the colours of the competing teams uniforms (not logos) in use in the on-screen graphics, which would change depending on the home/away/clash uniform. I've always thought of using the back of the guernsey colours to represent each teams scores (although some combos may get ugly).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I won't lie, I did predict this (I just didn't post it :eek:)

Think back to the tennis Australian Open - we saw full surnames for the first time rather than 3 or 4 letter abbreviations. It just makes sense. I personally think it's clean and classy.

ORLY??

The graphics that Seven used in the breaks were the same as they were last year, so I'm 99% sure there's no change. :thumbsu:

:D:p

Nah but seriously I was pretty confident they would change it up, but that they didn't want to do it half assed for the small amount of time they used their own graphics in the NAB Cup final.

I like the overall graphics package they have, but I do think the scorebug should just be abbreviations still. However, when a goal is kicked, I would then like to see the full names AND logo extend out with the score - that is, the one that they use at 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4 time.

The reason for this is, I think it will look ridiculous for a whole game with one team having a short name like:

ST.KILDA
CARLTON
HAWTHORN

and then a long name like:

WESTERN BULLDOGS
GOLD COAST SUNS
NORTH MELBOURNE

Also, its a shame but it seems they are following the official AFL fixture of having nicknames for Adel, Bris, Geel, GC, GWS, Syd, WC and WB, but not the other teams. The only ones that should have it are WB (obvious reasons), Brisbane Lions to acknowledge the Fitzroy connection, and maybe GWS because Greater Western Sydney is too long, but GWS is too short for a full name. I don't know why Adelaide, Geelong etc insist on officially being called by their nicknames as well.

I am working on a full portfolio at the moment so that will come soon but here are some of mine.
I apologise for the crappy quality it is incredibly hard to make these on paint. Also I used Arial to keep it simple, I might do a more advanced font later but for now you're stuck with this as I am also working on a 2012 Designs portfolio plus school assignments always get hectic towards the end of the term.

Scorebug:
Generalplayinaction.png

Player stats:
Playerstatsinaction.png

I don't mind the new ch7 graphics. Very clean and simple but the red and the blue are annoying me a little bit. I'd like to see them do similar to what is done with Sky Sports and the football in the UK. Like an above post. A-League on Fox have done similar.

I made a quick mockup of my example. Use the club colours to distinguish who's who. The image is scaled down slightly so it's hard to see but I've just used brown text on gold/yellow back and black text on white. Would look mighty fine in HD.

80680403.jpg

38160695.jpg

In regards to Fox Footy's new graphics, They're ok but imo the score needs to be in red and the names of the clubs in the dark grey. Either that or use the club colours as I mentioned above.

Looks pretty good Syxx but I would put the colours on the team name instead of the score.

Looks pretty good Syxx but I would put the colours on the team name instead of the score.
Yeh true. Did think of doing that but because they have the full name, the bars are quite big so would be a lot of colour. Might give it a go to see how it looks.

No way. The scorebug is too long, and it'll get to hard on the eyes when you have so much colour. Having a little splash of colour where the scores are is fine

It still looks good on the scores but it would still look nice on the names too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back