Discussion TV Broadcast Graphics - Designs & Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Tip - stop using Calibri as a font and try some different sans serif fonts and they will greatly increase the aesthetics of your graphics

Thanks for the advice guys. Will try some sans serif fonts next time I make a scoreboard.
PS. Which Sans serif to be exact?

Yeah sure. Would love to see them in action :)
awesome!

i started on them last night, i have the score bug complete. works really well! :thumbsu:

Posting my latest designs here because more people seem to look at this thread than mine.

Scorebug
scorebug2.png

Scorebug
scorebug.png

Extended Scorebug
extendedscorebug.png

Substitution
substitution.png

Other Graphics
otherstats.png

Player Info Bar
playerinfobar.png

Main Scoreboard
mainscoreboard.png

Opening Bounce
theopener.png

Match Summary
matchsummary.png

Quarter-by-Quarter
quarterbyquarter.png

Statistics
statisticsq.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As expected, Seven's graphics look to be keeping in line with the tennis (orange theme). Looking forward to seeing Fox's efforts when I get home

Channel 7's scoreboard scorebug has full team names. What will they do when the Kangas and Pies are playing?

I would like it if all the boxes were connected and if it was back to the abbreviated names. It's pretty good though.

I won't lie, I did predict this (I just didn't post it :eek:)

Think back to the tennis Australian Open - we saw full surnames for the first time rather than 3 or 4 letter abbreviations. It just makes sense. I personally think it's clean and classy.

And for those wondering about Fox, they have no control over the feed that Seven gives them for the free-to-air games - so it is "upscaled" HD and uses Seven's graphics and commentators.

I believe you Gibbsy;). You're right about what happened in the Aus Open and they continued it on to footy or something like that. What does Fox Footy's look like? Is it same as NAB Cup?

I believe you Gibbsy;). You're right about what happened in the Aus Open and they continued it on to footy or something like that. What does Fox Footy's look like? Is it same as NAB Cup?

Cheers. :) Fox are just using Seven's feed tonight, so it's the same graphics as what you'd see on Channel 7.

However, once you see games on Fox that Seven aren't covering, Fox will use their own graphics.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back