Discussion TV Broadcast Graphics - Designs & Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

On a side note

Speaking of High scores

What is the highest Score in Pro Aussie Rules Footy (AFL, VFL, WAFL, SANFL, NEAFL)???? (bet no one will get it) (i do know incase you are wondering)

Are we talking about your team's 49.23 (317) to defeat Centrals 11.13 (75) in 1975? My great uncle played in that game. For Centrals.

On a side note

Speaking of High scores

What is the highest Score in Pro Aussie Rules Footy (AFL, VFL, WAFL, SANFL, NEAFL)???? (bet no one will get it) (i do know incase you are wondering)

Some team in the TFL scored around 330 in the late 90's or early 00s. Not sure who it was though.

Yes thats the game i was talking about Cannovo and Essee

On a side note

Speaking of High scores

Williamstown 110 27 687 vs West Geelong 2 0 12.

Andonis1997

11t28ag.png

i like it, the FOX logo personalises the graphic somewhat and makes it less generic

now that the cricket season is upon us, being that channel 9 has traditionally changed their graphics for an ashes series, i wonder if we'll see something different for the cricket this summer

notice its still the same for the aust a vs england game, which isn't a surprise really. day 1 of the ashes will be interesting

(Log in to remove this ad.)

now that the cricket season is upon us, being that channel 9 has traditionally changed their graphics for an ashes series, i wonder if we'll see something different for the cricket this summer

notice its still the same for the aust a vs england game, which isn't a surprise really. day 1 of the ashes will be interesting

I doubt it. If they change their graphics, they do it at the start of the summer, and they kept the same graphics from last year for the Ryobi Cup.

I doubt it. If they change their graphics, they do it at the start of the summer, and they kept the same graphics from last year for the Ryobi Cup.
traditionally, they do it on day 1 of the test. precedence has been set for the past couple of ashes series. in particular the last ashes series at home where they had sri lanka in a ODI series prior to the tests. ODI series used the old graphics

Thoughts on the TV graphics for this summers cricket.

I felt as though the scoreboard was very cluttered. With the addition of the logo and the bowlers figures. If they dripped the logo it would have been fine.

Fair point.

Personally, I know blue is channel 9's colour, but the scoreboard should go back to green.

As per the clutter on the scoreboard, you're right, get rid of the logo and no problems whatsoever.

I liked the logo

Speed is a little small

One thing I've noticed over the years, 9 doesn't like showing balls faced or overs on their ticker for tests. Would like to see that added

Was also good to see the ticker is now optimised for wide screen

One thing I've noticed over the years, 9 doesn't like showing balls faced or overs on their ticker for tests. Would like to see that added

The reason they don't show the balls faced and overs is that in test matches those are not really needed (balls faced are absolutely not, overs could go either way). Until the creation of the shorter forms of the game and the improvement in technology to show more information on the screen they never appeared. The balls faced stat is only really for limited overs contests to help the spectator see how the batsman's score relates to the innings as they tend to have a strike rate above 50 and more recently closer to 100, however in a test match those numbers can be really low (strike rates of 30) and having a player with 20* (100) is just a waste of space compared to 99* (100).

Overs probably should be shown though, just to help with seeing how long the team has been bating/fielding and when the new ball is due.

The reason they don't show the balls faced and overs is that in test matches those are not really needed (balls faced are absolutely not, overs could go either way). Until the creation of the shorter forms of the game and the improvement in technology to show more information on the screen they never appeared. The balls faced stat is only really for limited overs contests to help the spectator see how the batsman's score relates to the innings as they tend to have a strike rate above 50 and more recently closer to 100, however in a test match those numbers can be really low (strike rates of 30) and having a player with 20* (100) is just a waste of space compared to 99* (100).

Overs probably should be shown though, just to help with seeing how long the team has been bating/fielding and when the new ball is due.

Yeah pretty much this, the only time I checked how many overs were bowled was just before the new ball was due. For a test match it would be more appropriate to show the local time than show how many overs have been bowled.

Yeah pretty much this, the only time I checked how many overs were bowled was just before the new ball was due. For a test match it would be more appropriate to show the local time than show how many overs have been bowled.

I would definitely like to see the local time being posted for for test matches. I got home at 3pm at work yesterday and wanted to know if tea had already been taken.

I bowlers figures aren't that important to be honest, and I would mind seeing the batsmen's scores on rotation for test matches.

This is what I'd like to see for the three formats:
TEST:
Rich (BB code):
 | AUS 8/273 | Haddin* 78    | Harris 4      | 07:42   | 90.0 ov        |
             | Anderson 2/61 | Tremlett 1/51 |         | First Inns.    |

ODI:
Rich (BB code):
 | IND 0/0   | Rohit 0 (0)   | Dhawan 0 (0)  | WIN 221 | 0.0 ov         |
             | Rampaul 0/0   | Holdeer 0/0   |         | Balls rem. 300 |

T20:
Rich (BB code):
 | IND 0/0   | Rohit 0 (0)   | Dhawan 0 (0)  | AUS 201 | 0.0 ov         |
             | Watson 0/0    | McKay 0/0     | 202 needed off 120       |

*the second line is on rotation with whats above it.

I'd like to see Nine use each team's colour as the scoreboard's colour like Sky used on the Ashes in winter. I'm not so sure about the ticker for Channel Nine though, I think the box worked well, showed everything that was needed when it was needed, though admittedly the ticker does allow more information to be shown, obviously

I would definitely like to see the local time being posted for for test matches. I got home at 3pm at work yesterday and wanted to know if tea had already been taken.

I bowlers figures aren't that important to be honest, and I would mind seeing the batsmen's scores on rotation for test matches.

This is what I'd like to see for the three formats:
TEST:
Rich (BB code):
 | AUS 8/273 | Haddin* 78    | Harris 4      | 07:42  | 90.0 ov        |
            | Anderson 2/61 | Tremlett 1/51 |        | First Inns.    |

ODI:
Rich (BB code):
 | IND 0/0  | Rohit 0 (0)  | Dhawan 0 (0)  | WIN 221 | 0.0 ov        |
            | Rampaul 0/0  | Holdeer 0/0  |        | Balls rem. 300 |

T20:
Rich (BB code):
 | IND 0/0  | Rohit 0 (0)  | Dhawan 0 (0)  | AUS 201 | 0.0 ov        |
            | Watson 0/0    | McKay 0/0    | 202 needed off 120      |

*the second line is on rotation with whats above it.

I like everything here except for the time. The cricket isn't Sunrise! It's pretty easy for people to google the time. Otherwise, I like it

I like everything here except for the time. The cricket isn't Sunrise! It's pretty easy for people to google the time. Otherwise, I like it

When I was young we didn't have mobiles (that had Internet).

I keep forgetting that Brisbane is an hour behind. Also, the time would work really well for international/Perth viewers.

When I was young we didn't have mobiles (that had Internet).

I keep forgetting that Brisbane is an hour behind. Also, the time would work really well for international/Perth viewers.

You're no older than I am akkaps. And plus, this is 2013. Maybe back 10 years ago, your idea would have been relevant and handy, and I agree. But I don't think any other sports show the actual local time at all. People just adapt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back