Movies & TV TV Shows

Remove this Banner Ad

Cheers to everyone who talked up Westworld. Watched it all in 2 nights.
Truly Brilliant.

Yes mate...a really good show....

Take a look at "Goliath" with Billy Bob Thornton...I think you might enjoy it. He is some actor that guy.

Cheers to everyone who talked up Westworld. Watched it all in 2 nights.
Truly Brilliant.
christ that is a top effort

a shit load to take in and process

agree it is brilliant though

christ that is a top effort

a shit load to take in and process

agree it is brilliant though
Was genuinely sad when I finished it because I wanted it to keep going.
Amazing plot twists that made so much sense but were so cleverly executed that I never saw coming.
Just awesome. Reminded me a bit of a movie I used to love called Dark City.

Amazing plot twists that made so much sense but were so cleverly executed that I never saw coming.
Yeah I made the mistake of getting involved in the thread on the media board on it, there was so much speculation that a few of the twists were spoiled of dulled for me.
Next season I won't do that, reckon I will get so much more out of it.
Had some genuine 'OOOHHHHHHHHHH' moments though, and brilliant performances. Hopkins was simply brilliant, Ed Harris was great... particularly his narration of his characters big reveal.. that was absolutely perfect

Yeah I made the mistake of getting involved in the thread on the media board on it, there was so much speculation that a few of the twists were spoiled of dulled for me.
Next season I won't do that, reckon I will get so much more out of it.
Had some genuine 'OOOHHHHHHHHHH' moments though, and brilliant performances. Hopkins was simply brilliant, Ed Harris was great... particularly his narration of his characters big reveal.. that was absolutely perfect
Yep. Ed Harris reveal mind blowing. Believe it or not I'd never even heard of it till this thread. Only downloaded it a couple of days ago so I had no one to spoil any of it for me.

Don't worry...its set up for another season.....

Sleep now...

the-strangers.jpg

Just finished the first season of Westworld. A masterpiece of television
tumblr_ne2xgj19sh1rnhnqfo1_500.gif

Is that a remake of the old Yul Brynner and James Brolin movie that I saw at the flicks in the 70's?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just started watching something called Black Mirror on Netflix. Brilliant and a complete mind-****.

I saw the very first episode National Anthem when it was on SBS.
But like all good things, they end up on pay TV.
You should be able to find the outline of the story on the net.

Just finished House of Cards season 4.
Thought season 3 was a bit of a slow drag at times, but season 4 was decent, especially the series finale - holy shite!

Currently on Peaky Blinders. Surprised it's taken me so long to get round to start watching it.

Just started watching something called Black Mirror on Netflix. Brilliant and a complete mind-****.

Brilliant isn't it? I loved "Hate of the Nation" episode.....I think thats the final one before the next series of black Mirror comes along.

Watching "Taboo" at the moment....quality stuff....actors from House of Cards and Game of Thrones feature....along with Tom Hardy in the main role....sensational so far...dont miss it if you get that chance.

Did you get through Goliath?

Check the post above...watching "Taboo" right now.....you'll love it.
2 eps in Ha Ha. Is good though. Will watch it all.
I got black mirror and will get Taboo today.
Haven't had time to watch shows for the last few weeks, but as soon as I have to work away for a week I'll get through them all.

Just spent 8 hours gorging on the first 4 episodes of Twin Peaks: Season 3 (repeat viewings) and suddenly look and feel like Harry Dean...the brain is fried, the senses dazzled, as Lynch raises his own bar in cinematic invention.

harry-dean-stanton-twin-peaks.jpg

Amazing to think he's been given complete artistic control to deliver what amounts to an 18 hour movie that takes in all of his obsessions, dreams, jokes and inventions. In heaven, everything is still fine.

Just spent 8 hours gorging on the first 4 episodes of Twin Peaks: Season 3 (repeat viewings) and suddenly look and feel like Harry Dean...the brain is fried, the senses dazzled, as Lynch raises his own bar in cinematic invention.

harry-dean-stanton-twin-peaks.jpg

Amazing to think he's been given complete artistic control to deliver what amounts to an 18 hour movie that takes in all of his obsessions, dreams, jokes and inventions. In heaven, everything is still fine.

I've been pretty blown away too - I was an obsessive fan of this show during it's initial airing; I would tape the episodes on my vhs (!) and watch each ep multiple times with different friends.
When it wound up with the sinking finale, and then the dark film Fire Walk With Me, that seemed to be it.

Between then and now my enjoyment of Lynch's artistry has only grown, but oddly I never really thought to re-visit Twin Peaks after it's first run.

When it was announced that Lynch and Frost were bringing the show back, I must admit I had strong doubts; in retrospect I feel like I was disrespectful to a director whose integrity I shouldn't have questioned.

26 years after the show first caught my imagination, it has somehow just about rekindled that same level of excitement in me as a much older man; the first 4 episodes blew my mind. I wasn't sure how Lynch and Frost would a) integrate the much older cast into an interesting story that avoids leaning on nostalgia, or b) update the show's tone to fit more with a modern audience's viewing expectations.
Neither of those questions even mattered about 10 minutes into the first episode, and it's just got better and better. Love yer avatar btw!

I've been pretty blown away too - I was an obsessive fan of this show during it's initial airing; I would tape the episodes on my vhs (!) and watch each ep multiple times with different friends.
When it wound up with the sinking finale, and then the dark film Fire Walk With Me, that seemed to be it.

Between then and now my enjoyment of Lynch's artistry has only grown, but oddly I never really thought to re-visit Twin Peaks after it's first run.

When it was announced that Lynch and Frost were bringing the show back, I must admit I had strong doubts; in retrospect I feel like I was disrespectful to a director whose integrity I shouldn't have questioned.

26 years after the show first caught my imagination, it has somehow just about rekindled that same level of excitement in me as a much older man; the first 4 episodes blew my mind. I wasn't sure how Lynch and Frost would a) integrate the much older cast into an interesting story that avoids leaning on nostalgia, or b) update the show's tone to fit more with a modern audience's viewing expectations.
Neither of those questions even mattered about 10 minutes into the first episode, and it's just got better and better. Love yer avatar btw!

Very true - it's the anticipated excitement that is enthralling and once again, Lynch has completely ridiculed what passes for 'television entertainment' in the world today.

Everything else on the box is now completely passe, cliche-ridden, expensive shit compared to what he and Frost are doing with this.

We have been gifted a treasure from Lynch (and Frost) that for many of us will be in our hearts and minds for many, many years.

Only an hour to go for Ep 5 - no idea where we'll be taken, but it will be beautiful, dark and thrilling.

Very true - it's the anticipated excitement that is enthralling and once again, Lynch has completely ridiculed what passes for 'television entertainment' in the world today.

Everything else on the box is now completely passe, cliche-ridden, expensive shit compared to what he and Frost are doing with this.

We have been gifted a treasure from Lynch (and Frost) that for many of us will be in our hearts and minds for many, many years.

Only an hour to go for Ep 5 - no idea where we'll be taken, but it will be beautiful, dark and thrilling.

I won't get to watch til this afternoon/evening ..

As you say, part of the excitement is watching any given scene unfold with no idea as to where they're going to take it..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back