U18 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
thy dukes you woulnt of played for willy a bit in 16s and younger?

no he hasn't

hoppers beat altona by 17 points today

hoppers lead slightly at every break before altona hitting the front in the last quarter. Hoppers rallied and ran over the top

defining game

Hoppers were clearly better all day, Altona were shithouse, big reality check for Altona.

Hoppers were clearly better all day, Altona were shithouse, big reality check for Altona.

yer ur right mate hoppers were the better side today
altona were shithouse
and plus it was shit conditions so it was a scrappy game
yer it is a big reality check for altona but its still early days
mayb better conditions i rekin altona would beat hoppers

yer ur right mate hoppers were the better side today
altona were shithouse
and plus it was shit conditions so it was a scrappy game
yer it is a big reality check for altona but its still early days
mayb better conditions i rekin altona would beat hoppers
yeh i play for hoppers, scrappy game but we were 1st to the ball all day and got the result :).. very pleased..

hoppers were the better team today, showed us that they can play very good footy.
hoppers will be a qaulity side this year, after todays peformance it has showed everyone that hoppers are now a team to beat.
despite the loses to willi and werribee, hoppers should have a pretty good season and altona will struggle against them when they play again in 3 weeks.

hoppers were the better team today, showed us that they can play very good footy.
hoppers will be a qaulity side this year, after todays peformance it has showed everyone that hoppers are now a team to beat.
despite the loses to willi and werribee, hoppers should have a pretty good season and altona will struggle against them when they play again in 3 weeks.

personaly
i dont think hoppers are now the team to beat its still wezza
anyone can play well in the wet coz its under 10s footy. we will just see how it will turn out in 3 weeks and c if hoppers can bak it up :cool:

personaly
i dont think hoppers are now the team to beat its still wezza
anyone can play well in the wet coz its under 10s footy. we will just see how it will turn out in 3 weeks and c if hoppers can bak it up :cool:
we hav renewed confidence frm today and we shuld get some percentage in the next few weeks. playing colts and glenorden. we dont wanna get ahead of ourselves, if we can beat altona again in 3 weeks then we can be thought of as a serious contender.

great win for hoppers.
everyone has been putting them way down and not rating them much for this year but that win just shows what kind of a year it could be for A grade any of the top 5 could beat each other will be interesting to see how the year pans out.

Little Ham 'n Eggs comin' at ya, hold on people hope ya got your griddles but... I AM SICK OF READING ABOUT A GRADE! someone please start a b grade thread! no offense to you a graders out there but i really am not interested in how good you guys are. no sarcasm intended

with love sunshine_roo23. xoxo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

great win for hoppers.
everyone has been putting them way down and not rating them much for this year but that win just shows what kind of a year it could be for A grade any of the top 5 could beat each other will be interesting to see how the year pans out.

Yes fair call, great win by Hoppers. after seeing this result, Hoppers may very well push Vales, Willi and Altona all the way for 3rd spot, or even 2nd if they can replicate their perfomace against other powerhouse teams. All 4 teams are pretty even from what i have seen and heard. Should be the most even competition in a long time, there are five realistically potential winners

I also saw a half of Vales and Glen Ordens game, despite the large losing margain, glen orden from what i saw do have potential to win a couple games in the A's and wouldnt be a suprise if they knocked off a top scalp, like a werribee or Altona, there physicallity at the ball was A grade, right up there with (maybe better) then Vales who have already proven against altona and williamstown that they also attack the ball very hard. with the 4 wins they carry over from the B's they might even sneak into the finals at the expense of hoppers or willi if they can cause an upset or two

i dont no man
i think when they come across the top side they will struggle abit i saw when we played them they cant run with you when you start using the ball and running it fast they begin to struggle thats why they were close to us for the first half when it was raining and we couldnt move it fast but after half time when it started drying up we started to use the ball how we wanted and blew em away well we will see anyways i think they werribee next week so should show were they are at.

we hav renewed confidence frm today and we shuld get some percentage in the next few weeks. playing colts and glenorden. we dont wanna get ahead of ourselves, if we can beat altona again in 3 weeks then we can be thought of as a serious contender.

Yes fair call, great win by Hoppers. after seeing this result, Hoppers may very well push Vales, Willi and Altona all the way for 3rd spot, or even 2nd if they can replicate their perfomace against other powerhouse teams. All 4 teams are pretty even from what i have seen and heard. Should be the most even competition in a long time, there are five realistically potential winners

I also saw a half of Vales and Glen Ordens game, despite the large losing margain, glen orden from what i saw do have potential to win a couple games in the A's and wouldnt be a suprise if they knocked off a top scalp, like a werribee or Altona, there physicallity at the ball was A grade, right up there with (maybe better) then Vales who have already proven against altona and williamstown that they also attack the ball very hard. with the 4 wins they carry over from the B's they might even sneak into the finals at the expense of hoppers or willi if they can cause an upset or two

Firstly Footylad as you said i wouldn't get too far ahead of yourselves although it was a good win against altona I wouldn't be worrying about percentage in the next two games especially against glenorden. Glen Orden although they were out classed on saturday by wyndhamvale they will be a competive side in A grade. Glen Orden have some good players such as hingey, metcher and happy and will be competitive against most teams. As the Outsider said Glen Orden could take the scalp of anyone of the top 5 as they showed in glimpses on Saturday when the took it up to Wyndhamvale.

Glenorden wont be a threat. they will be the same as last yr. basically the same team. intersting to see where willy r really at considering they hav altona this week nd havent played werribee yet :p. still annoyed we lost to em.

i heard frm the start that J.r who is the assiastant coach, or maybe coach im not even sure lol, hates Uda for some reason. nd on the last training nite Uda told me himself he wont make it for that reason. thats disapointing if thats wat the selection came down to.

Yeh i would say that might be the main reason, i think that he would of persuaded against uda for that reason, very unlucky not to make it

Glen Orden started in the B's cos the club thought they would cop a belting in the A's just like last year and your saying that they could beat one of the powerhouses!!!! Get real. Altona's weaknesses were exposed on satday but to say that Glen Ord may knock off Altona or Wezz is somewhat of a dream - unless you are referring to their B teams?????

Glenorden wont be a threat. they will be the same as last yr. basically the same team. intersting to see where willy r really at considering they hav altona this week nd havent played werribee yet :p. still annoyed we lost to em.
yeah...all you had to do is kick another 11 goals to be a show:eek:

Hoppers were good against Altona I must admit. I wouldnt have belived it if I hadnt seen it wif my own two eyes

I reckon Werribee will be hard to beat, they will have a number of players returning from Jets duty later in the season. Altona's biggest problem will be their coach, he is inexperienced at 18As level and has been outcoached in big games (he took Point Cook to three losing GFs and still doesn't acknowledge that maybe he was out-coached) and the rot will be set in at Viking Land after they work the coach's true colours out. The Orden (if they had all players available for 18s instead of playing reserves and seniors to make up the numbers) could get a few surprise wins, but really Albion should have been put up to 18A's instead. Hinge will play a fair bit of seniors this year and Metcher isn't going to make the difference. Hoppers and Willy look like being good teams as well.

yeah...all you had to do is kick another 11 goals to be a show:eek:

Hoppers were good against Altona I must admit. I wouldnt have belived it if I hadnt seen it wif my own two eyes
not annoyed we lost to werribee! annoyed we lost to willy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back