UFA - Colin Sylvia

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry for the intrusion gents, just wondering on how Colin is going at the moment? Is he fully fit? Do you think he will hit some form in coming weeks?
Asking this purely on a supercoach basis :D

Thanks guys

Cheers for that lads, thought I would hold off just until he hits some form, which hopefully for everyone's sake he does.
Hopefully your mob can put on a show on Monday!

He has teased too many times, but I think I'm stupid enough to fall for it again, will 2013 be his year if he remains fit?
Side note: Has anoyone else been impressed by his involvement with the supporters at training. I'm not a regular but every time I head to Casey, he always seems to get involved and is very appreciative.

Stats sinc the bye:
Disposals: 21.6 Marks:3.9 Goals:1.2 Tackles: 4.8 I50: 4.1 SC: 85.9
In 2013 I'd like to see Col get numbers looking similar to this:
Disposals: 26 Marks:6 Goals:1.5 Tackles:6 I50:7 SC:100+
Im just praying he gets it right!!!!!

MFC: My best football is still ahead: Sylvia

COLIN Sylvia is adamant his best football is still to come.

And, based on his second half of the 2012 season - and his season high 34 disposals against the Adelaide Crows at the MCG last round - it’s a fair enough judgment.

“I’m a big believer, and I’m confident that my best football is still definitely ahead of me,” he told melbournefc.com.au...

Good read.

MFC: Pre-season update: Sylvia to Blease

12. Colin Sylvia

Colin has had a strong pre-season. He has shone in all areas of football and his strength work in the gym has been outstanding. Col has been one of the clear leaders in the midfield throughout the pre-season period.

Brian Royal

Colin has had a strong pre-season. He has shone in all areas of football and his strength work in the gym has been outstanding. Col has been one of the clear leaders in the midfield throughout the pre-season period.
Brian Royal
Now that's what I want to see.

If he's helping to steer the team forward in terms of pre-season work rate and attitude, then we've a legitimate reason to have more confidence for his form this coming season than ever.

Now that's what I want to see.

If he's helping to steer the team forward in terms of pre-season work rate and attitude, then we've a legitimate reason to have more confidence for his form this coming season than ever.

Amen to this. I know we say it every year about Col but he really does need to step up now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Age: Sylvia free to leave Melbourne
Colin Sylvia could walk freely to another club at the end of this season, with Melbourne losing the right to match any rival bid.

The AFL has reclassified Sylvia as an unrestricted free agent, after he was mistakenly listed as a candidate for restricted free agency in the list it gave to clubs last week.

The 27-year-old, who is sure to attract interest from other clubs given many view his potential as unfulfilled, signed his last two-year contract with Melbourne in 2011, his eighth season with the club.

Sylvia signed in mid-September that year, meaning he qualifies as an unrestricted free agent by about six months, under the free agency rules established last year.

One of the Demons' highest-paid players, Sylvia was drafted in 2003, first came out of contract in the period after March 1 in his eighth season, and is again uncontracted.
Nothing more than speculation, of course...but it's probably worth noting his change in free agency status.

Highly doubt he'd leave, anyway.

What makes you say that mate? I have NFI, but have a feeling he'd be tempted to leave as a free agent
So do I, but the vibe from his pre-season so far tells me he really does want to play good footy with us.

That does, on the other hand, attract more suitors. :D

The Age: Sylvia looks to be prime mover
Melbourne co-captain Jack Grimes says midfielder Colin Sylvia has the ability to be ''almost unstoppable'' but needs to find greater consistency.

As he declared that the Demons want to be known as a team that does not give in, Grimes says Sylvia - an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season - has a key role to play in year two of a rebuild.

''Col had a really good period in the second half of last year. He was really consistent for a long time,'' Grimes said.

''That has been the knock on him - that you can see the best of him, then the next week he won't be nearly as good.

''Halfway through [last] year, there was a fair knock on him. He was in and out of the team, and we weren't sure which way it was going to go. He really stood up and played well in the second half.

''He has been training a lot more in the midfield this pre-season and we are hoping he can start the season the way he finished the season. Him at his best is almost unstoppable.''

Here's hoping Col can string it out for longer stints, glad he has spent more training time in the guts.

Good to hear Grimes talking like a skipper and calling things as he sees them too.

Here's hoping Col can string it out for longer stints, glad he has spent more training time in the guts.

Good to hear Grimes talking like a skipper and calling things as he sees them too.

Difference between him and Moloney IMO. Sylvia responded, Moloney didn't, so Moloney went. Could have easily been Col up there in Brisbane had it been the other way around.

Difference between him and Moloney IMO. Sylvia responded, Moloney didn't, so Moloney went. Could have easily been Col up there in Brisbane had it been the other way around.

Im not sure it was so much that Beamer didnt respond.

His style of play just didnt fit what Neeld wanted - he was great at the bullocking role and contested footy, but if the ball went the oppositions way from a stoppage, Moloney became redundant. He didnt have the speed to track but fast and apply genuine pressure on opposition runners.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back