Remove this Banner Ad

The Smiths Strangeways Here We Come
Dire Straits debut album
Stone Roses Second Coming
Paul McCartney Ram
Tom Waits Closing Time
Neil Young Rust Never Sleeps

Great album but I thought it was considered her best or at least right up there

It is generally considered her best, but Ms Bush is an acquired taste, her fans (like me) think she is the female equivalent of Lennon, others just don't like at all, and some probably haven't heard of her. She very rarely gets a mention in this forum which suggests most don't like her or haven't heard of her.

277.jpg

A great album. Unfortunately for its reputation it is sandwiched between two brilliant albums.

I think the perception of the album was'nt helped by the group saying how much they hated the recording process and the producer CBS gave them, but they've never said they hated the album or the songs as far as I know.

Still a regular listen for me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tism - De Rigueurmortis,I love this album,not as acclaimed as Machiavelli or Great Trucking Songs but a very strong album.

KATE BUSH - Hounds Of Love.
That's Kate Bush's most acclaimed album as well as one of the most acclaimed by any female artist and, in general, one of the most acclaimed albums of all time. Doesn't really qualify for this thread.

Last edited:
That's Kate Bush's most acclaimed album as well as one of the most acclaimed by any female artist and, in general, one of the most acclaimed albums of all time. Doesn't really qualify for this thread.

Everyone in the music industry rates her greatly, and her fans (like me) love her more than Elvis, but as stated previously she is rarely mentioned ever in this forum, and so I believe she is terribly underrated, especially on bigfooty.

Two other albums that I'd like to mention are "Alphabravocharliedeltaechofoxtrotgolf" and "Local and/or General" by the Models. I love their early albums when they were more New Wave than Pop. Happy Birthday IBM, Two People Per Sq. Km., Local and/or General and Drunk In The House (to name a few) are absolute classic Aussie tracks.

I think the perception of the album was'nt helped by the group saying how much they hated the recording process and the producer CBS gave them, but they've never said they hated the album or the songs as far as I know.

Still a regular listen for me
topper likes it but paul was the main critic.... mainly due to the process but also didn't have any reggae influenced tracks other albums had. mick usually speaks cautiously about the record... always stumped me. even many fans bag it.

contains one of my top 5 clash songs (cheapskates).

Everyone in the music industry rates her greatly, and her fans (like me) love her more than Elvis, but as stated previously she is rarely mentioned ever in this forum, and so I believe she is terribly underrated, especially on bigfooty.

Two other albums that I'd like to mention are "Alphabravocharliedeltaechofoxtrotgolf" and "Local and/or General" by the Models. I love their early albums when they were more New Wave than Pop. Happy Birthday IBM, Two People Per Sq. Km., Local and/or General and Drunk In The House (to name a few) are absolute classic Aussie tracks.
Now that is one band that I wish had re-formed so that a now oldie, could enjoy a concert or two and reminisce of yesteryear.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Radiohead- Hail to the Thief. Usually regarded as their worst album but it's a classic in its own right. 2 + 2 = 5 and There There are two of my favourite tracks by them in their whole catalogue.

cover_Cold_Chisel791-300x300.jpg

Band members still spew vitriol when the production is mentioned ("Breakfast at Sweethearts stunk, and you can spell that f-u-c-k-e-d"), but the understated sound means greater emphasis on Walker's lyrics. Not a single weak track IMO, and from time to time it's my favourite Cold Chisel album.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back